SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Kawhi Leonard to return against New Orleans, Spurs waive Anderson (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118095-kawhi-leonard-return-against-new-orleans-spurs-waive-anderson.html)

Jose_TheGenius 12-20-12 03:29 PM

Kawhi Leonard to return against New Orleans, Spurs waive Anderson

Kawhi Leonard is expected to return to the Spurs' lineup on Friday against New Orleans:

Click HERE to read the full article on ProjectSpurs.com

esparzar1 12-20-12 03:41 PM

Doesn't suprise me. Doesn't suprise me that they waived Anderson either. He really didn't show anything with the time that they gave him. Oh well, I really had some high hopes for Anderson when they first drafted him.

spurscrazed 12-20-12 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esparzar1 (Post 1289118)
Doesn't suprise me. Doesn't suprise me that they waived Anderson either. He really didn't show anything with the time that they gave him. Oh well, I really had some high hopes for Anderson when they first drafted him.

I was hoping he could have stayed but releasing him just tells it all. Spurs coaches were not that impressed with his play.

Anderson plays very good D but I guess his O is not that good for NBA games! Esp Pop's system... Oh well... we can't keep them all I guess!

Now he is free to sign anywhere else. But if no one else signed him we can call him back in case we have need for him. That way he can be free to sign somewhere else.

Wish him well. He should be proud no shame. He gave it his best this time.

He is a very good talent, and he needs to work on his offense and shots and decision making. He is a step behind.

alh1020 12-20-12 05:17 PM

That stress fracture Anderson had in his rookie year where he was out approx. 8 weeks didn’t help his future any. It really killed his momentum but his injury did open the door for Neal to get added playing time and exposure. I, too, wish James good luck.

Eddy from Austin 12-20-12 05:38 PM

MichaelWi101 12-20-12 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurscrazed (Post 1289127)
Anderson plays very good D but I guess his O is not that good for NBA games!

And yet his offense was the big selling point when he was drafted.

spurscrazed 12-20-12 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 (Post 1289136)
And yet his offense was the big selling point when he was drafted.

Sean Elliott said he also was high on this kid when he was drafted.

I guess when James got that foot injury ( was out for 8 weeks) it took some of his game that he never was able to get back.....

Then thing that baffles me is the guy looks like he is talented enough to do many things. He would then get himself worked up, then his brain does not process as quick as he wanted. I guess he put a lot of pressure on himself and he just could not follow.

Hope he works on his quickness and decision making and accommodating to the NBA. It is not an easy transit some kids don't transit as fast.

But never say never, who knows maybe next year we get him or perhaps he gets picked up by a good team. You never know...