News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-12, 08:09 AM
SR Team Goof

LeBron James bikes to most of Heat home games

Because an NBA game is not enough of a workout…

LeBron James — reigning NBA MVP, best player walking the face of the earth, Miami Heat franchise anchor — rides his bicycle to most home games. And practices. And shootarounds.

He had done this a little in the past but it has become the norm this season, reports Ira Winderman at the Sun-Sentinel. And if you think it wears him out, know that he rode in on Tuesday night and played 42 minutes putting up 22 points, 11 rebounds, seven assists and not one turnover.
“I felt great,” James said. “I didn’t get tired. I don’t think I got tired (Tuesday) night. I felt great. I could have played again if we had to. Yeah, I’ve been biking a little more than usual. It’s fun. It’s also conditioning, it’s cardio.”
James introduced his passion for riding when he was spotted on his bike on the way to the Heat’s game against the Chicago Bulls last January. Fatigue had little effect, with James scoring 35 points in a 97-93 victory.
He has since added it into his conditioning program. The result has him averaging 37.6 minutes, topping 40 nine times this season.
James also said he got lights on his bike, for safety. Frankly, for safety Pat Riley would pay for a car to bring him to games. Heck, Pat Riley would drive the car to bring him to games safely.

But James just wants to feel the wind in his face and let his fleet of expensive cars rest.

Related link: LeBron James bikes to most of Heat home games | ProBasketballTalk
Old 12-20-12, 02:36 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Wow I can see Miami FO feeling unease as he rides that bike more often... Bron is being a fool in my opinion. Why put yourself in such danger from Public? A lot of Fans might just follow him and bother him...Not smart thinking.