News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 12-17-12, 07:16 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Pick The Winners - Season Long Contest

Final Standings

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need for more people to get involved with the Pick The Winners contest. You don't have to pick every game, you don't have to pick every day, if you play maybe two times a week between now and the end of the season, you'll have more than enough picks to qualify for the playoffs.

For the playoffs, we take the top 8 in number of correct selections and the top 8 in percentage for a total of 16 players.

Now I notice everyday there are some folks with strong opinions about things posting on the board so here's your chance to strut your stuff.

And besides IT'S FREAKING FREE TO PLAY -- so come on and join in
Old 12-18-12, 12:50 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Good post MichaelWi101

Come on everyone who is not playing! Get in.

It is free and it is fun! You still have plenty of time to get in.

The more people the better the competition is!

Bring it!

Go Spurs Go
Old 12-18-12, 12:29 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

I'm trying to play everyday ....really busy at work and home right now but you know I'm always game. Whenever there is a chance of beating MichaelWi in any game, I'm always in!....lol
Old 12-18-12, 01:54 PM
SR 2010 Western Conference Champion

Yes, as Michael says, there is no need to post every day until the end of the season. Just picking a few days a week should be enough to have the amount of picks needed to make (should be around 300 attempted picks by the end of the season) to be eligible for the playoffs edition of the game.
Last few years we weren't enough so had to change the format for the playoffs edition, but if somehow we can get at least 16 regular pickers to go back to the original playoffs format, that would be great.
And the thing is that since there are two rankings (Total Picks and Percentages), people that start playing the game later in the season also have good chances of making it to the playoffs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-18-12, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
I'm trying to play everyday ....really busy at work and home right now but you know I'm always game. Whenever there is a chance of beating MichaelWi in any game, I'm always in!....lol
It's always good to dream big
Old 12-19-12, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
It's always good to dream big
I'm gonna get ya this year .....don't care too much about the regular season. I'll get ya in the playoffs
Old 12-19-12, 03:35 PM

Nice to see some new players posting their picks after this thread was posted.
Hope to see more players joining in and picking games on a regular basis.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-08-13, 03:09 PM

Just a reminder that there are still lots of games to be played in the season so anyone that wants to join (or rejoin) the game is more than welcome to do so.
Just go to the daily threads and post your picks the same way the other players do.
Thanks!!
Old 01-08-13, 06:54 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

It´s a great game, so come on! Join!
Old 01-28-13, 10:34 AM

First of all I want to say a big THANKS!!!!! to alh1020 and every other player that are helping with starting the daily thread.

More than half the regular season has passed, but there is still plenty of time if anyone wants to join the game.
Old 01-29-13, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm View Post
First of all I want to say a big THANKS!!!!! to alh1020 and every other player that are helping with starting the daily thread.

More than half the regular season has passed, but there is still plenty of time if anyone wants to join the game.
:applause:applause:applause

Come on board newbies, don't be afraid to get your feet wet, doesn't cost anything and we rarely talk smack -- at least until the playoffs at which point I will be regaining my title
Old 01-29-13, 04:05 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Definitely thinks a bunches for alh1020!!!

He Rocks for being so consistent at posting all those game threads!

My observation so far is that some are getting their feet wet then they get lucky for few days and get the right picks and get such a Great PERCENTAGE. Then they quit before they ruin it with more picks.

Albeit that is a good strategy because there is a flaw on that game is that ones with very high percentage are going to be guaranteed to be on top... But still the more you pick will help you get on both sides of the teams. So you get the best of both worlds.

Second half of the season is just starting and there is plenty of time so come on in newbies.

Go Spurs Go
Old 02-27-13, 06:19 PM

Unless we get 3 more active players in the game in the next few days, I guess we will end having a 13-player Playoffs First Round with the same format as the last few years and the best 8 will go on to the Second Round to go head-to-head format for the remainder of the playoffs.
Old 03-02-13, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Unless we get 3 more active players in the game in the next few days, I guess we will end having a 13-player Playoffs First Round with the same format as the last few years and the best 8 will go on to the Second Round to go head-to-head format for the remainder of the playoffs.
Make sense, it's tough to figure out though, so many folks have such strong opinions about the Spurs, yet can't take one or two minutes to make some picks. It's not like this is a fantasy league where you have to spend hours studying the players and the game......
Old 03-20-13, 04:46 PM

Just updated scores in this thread (Pick the Winners game -- March 21st (Thursday))

The good thing is there has been a new regular player these last few days (welcome to the game thesuspence281!!)

The not so good thing is that two regular players (spurscrazed and GalloJD) have been MIA for more than a month.

If spurscrazed and GalloJD come back to the game and thesuspence281, ATHENEA and bigjosh721 pick regularly until the end of the season, we might be able to have 16 players for the First Round of the Playoffs and a head-to-head format for the First Round which would just be awesome
Old 03-20-13, 07:50 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Old 03-21-13, 05:21 PM

By the way, I've assumed that all the members that have been picking regularly during the season will be taking part of the Playoffs Edition of the game. Please if anyone can't or doesn't want to take part of the Playoffs Edition, feel free to PM me about it so I'm aware of it before arranging the format for the First Round.

Once again, thank you all for taking part of the game and helping it being so much fun!!!
Old 03-28-13, 08:23 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Doing my best..
[email protected]
Old 03-28-13, 11:52 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHENEA View Post
Doing my best..

Old 03-30-13, 04:48 PM

I want to give a big THANKS to alh1020 for consistently posting the games this year :applause:applause:applause

great job dude or dudette (whichever you are..)
Old 03-30-13, 05:39 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
I want to give a big THANKS to alh1020 for consistently posting the games this year :applause:applause:applause

great job dude or dudette (whichever you are..)
No problem y'all, it’s been fun and I’m glad to lend a hand. And, by the way, I’m a dude last time I checked. But my wife does crack wise occasionally at my expense. One time I profiled in the bathroom mirror and commented that I almost looked like a pear. She replied “a pair of what”? Not my crowning moment.
Old 03-30-13, 05:43 PM

Hi, everyone.
Like Michael says, a big THANKS!!! to alh1020 for keeping the game up and running through the whole season by posting the daily threads.
I will try to update scores either Monday or Tuesday and then I will be going out on vacations. I will be back for the last week of the regular season, so I will update scores again at that time and get everything ready for the playoffs edition of the game, which, by the looks of it, will have the same format as last year for the first round and we will only be able to do head-to-head format from the second round on.
Old 04-15-13, 05:39 PM

I'm back from holidays.
I'll try to update scores tomorrow.
Old 04-16-13, 02:52 PM

As promised

Scores updated through Apr 15th

Usually I would put a cap of 300 attempted picks to get into the Playoffs Edition of the game, but this time I think the two players that are above 100 but below 300 have shown enough interest in the game to be eligible to go on to the Playoffs Edition. If anyone of the 13 players that have more than 300 attepmted picks disagree with this, please let me know ASAP.

I'll be waiting for a message from the first 15 players in the rankings to confirm they are interested in participating in the Playoffs Edition of the game.

Once I get those confirmations we will have the First Round of the Playoffs Edition with the same format as the regular season and the best 8 of the round will go on to the Second Round where a head to head format will be used.

Any comments, concerns, trash talking, etc., feel free to post it in this thread.
Old 04-16-13, 03:03 PM

I'm in and I WANT MY TITLE BACK
Old 04-16-13, 10:20 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

SUcking big one lol
Good bye beginner's luck :P
[email protected]
Old 04-17-13, 10:33 AM

Y'all should just quit now.....I'm gonna actually try in the playoffs .....I figured that I could at least give you all a little hope by taking it easy during the regular season. I'm not gonna be as nice come playoff time...lol
Old 04-17-13, 12:11 PM

Quote:
.I'm gonna actually try in the playoffs
You can try, but it's not going to help, it's time for me to the pretenders to my throne...
Old 04-17-13, 02:26 PM

Quote:
You can try, but it's not going to help, it's time for me to the pretenders to my throne...
I don't think either one of us did well last year lol...I have to avenge my 2011 championship loss.....you're going down homie
Old 04-17-13, 03:20 PM

Last year??? Was there a contest last year? I forget. I must have blacked out
Old 04-17-13, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Last year??? Was there a contest last year? I forget. I must have blacked out
Yeah I think spurscrazed won last year....there was a cash prize....Speaking of cash prize, will there be one this year?!?!?!?!?
Old 04-17-13, 04:55 PM

Glad to see you guys are talking again

@MichaelWi101 - Getting your title back won't be easy. You might have a chance being an odd year and all, but plenty of competition around. And you probably did black out last season since you didn't do specially good last playoffs

@esparzar1 - I only try to help run the game. About the prizes you will have to wait for word from the admins of the site.

@ATHENEA - In the playoffs everyone starts from 0 so you will all have the same chance. Regular Season results will only be used if a tiebreaker is needed between people tied in points and percentage. Also to consider, in previous seasons there have been plenty of upsets.
Old 04-17-13, 04:59 PM

By the way, I assume the three that posted in here after I posted the Rankings are going to take part in the Playoffs Edition.

Please, to everyone else I'll ask if you can either post in here or send me a PM letting me know if you want to take part in the Playoffs Edition of the game.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-18-13, 10:45 AM

Quote:
By the way, I assume the three that posted in here after I posted the Rankings are going to take part in the Playoffs Edition.

Please, to everyone else I'll ask if you can either post in here or send me a PM letting me know if you want to take part in the Playoffs Edition of the game.

Thanks!!!
You know I'm game! I really just plan on playing to destroy MichaelWi....lol
Old 04-18-13, 11:43 AM

Quote:
You know I'm game! I really just plan on playing to destroy MichaelWi....lol
Oh you dreamer you
Old 04-18-13, 01:36 PM

Just updated the final standings for the regular season in the first post of this thread.
Old 04-18-13, 02:08 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm in fo shizzle.