News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 12-14-12, 10:53 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

DeJuan Blair Sucks

I hope that when Kawhi and Jackson get healthy, Blair goes back to the end of the bench. His defense sucks.

Does anyone else see a tie between our two SF's getting healthy and Dejuan getting more bench time?
Old 12-14-12, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
I hope that when Kawhi and Jackson get healthy, Blair goes back to the end of the bench. His defense sucks.

Does anyone else see a tie between our two SF's getting healthy and Dejuan getting more bench time?
yes. even if Blair starts, it's early minutes to spot the bench. when Jackson/Leonard were healthy, the big rotation were about the same but with Jackson taking minutes at PF with Splitter or Duncan for small ball.

Jackson at PF helps us more than Blair in any situation.
Old 12-14-12, 11:49 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Trade him but trade Bonner too!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-14-12, 12:35 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Trade him but trade Bonner FIRST!
Fixed!

The Priority GLARING SO MUCH is TRADING Bonner NOW before it is too late IMO!!!

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-14-12, 12:38 PM
The Master Baiter

Yes, it's so obvious that Bonner is actually Father Time, and he is making the team too old to compete.
Old 12-14-12, 02:41 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Oh lord every year we gripe over Blair and Bonner and every single year one must start or be benched or traded. Why oh why are we still in this situation now I wish this ended years ago, but hey the world is not perfect.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 12-14-12, 02:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I wanted a better Blair this season and I thought with him training hard this offseason he was going to be but he still plays like he did last season if not less and its time for a change.
Old 12-14-12, 03:08 PM

These days it is hard to find BIGS either in trades or drafts.
The Bigs have become very hard to find everywhere.

Then when you draft one you kina take your chances with his knees.
You might think he is a youngster who can be MOLDED however, you find out the hard ways that this BIG no matter how you slice it and break it to him he just does not fit in Pop's schemes in any shape or form.

You do like a lot of other NBA franchises are doing which is subbing in with the Small Ball and try to fit together what you have to make up for the SIZE.

Sometimes you win sometimes you lose with small ball but most of the times in the PO it is very hard to win without BIGS.

That is one reason Pop is holding on to Blair and Bonner. But ever since Pop got us Leonard in a draft trade, Spurs did better. That is one reason Pop said once last year that LEONARD is most likely the face of franchise. Pop was right.

Now that we saw Leonard injured we are more appreciating how important that LEONARD brought to this club. This is the truth~

LEONARD is on his way back pretty soon according to what Pop mentioned in his pre game to the H Town last Monday. Pop said 3 or four more games. So I expect a whole lot of things getting easier when Leonard is back in the next two games.

Go Spurs Go

Old 12-14-12, 03:46 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Yes, it's so obvious that Bonner is actually Father Time, and he is making the team too old to compete.
He has had a lot of games this year scoring zero points. He is pretty much out there for scoring purposes.
Old 12-14-12, 04:17 PM
SpursReport Rookie

yes, we lost two games in a row against two very good home teams, Utah is 9-1 at home and Portland 6-4 on back to backs and we are missing two key players in leonard and jackson. Plus we are going through one of toughest schedule for any team at the beginning of the season. Believe in the team.
Old 12-14-12, 04:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Blairs' problem is he's afraid to get his shot blocked, so he rushes his shots which makes his percentage go down for making the shot and maybe going to the line. Use that body and go through people and make the refs call the foul.
Old 12-14-12, 05:00 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
He has had a lot of games this year scoring zero points. He is pretty much out there for scoring purposes.
The games where he's had 0 points have been games where he's played little to no minutes. He's not just out there for scoring purposes either. Just face it, he's efficient. But I get it, there's a dead horse and you're beating it.
Old 12-14-12, 09:38 PM

so............

how'd this topic that was clearly centered around Blair get to be about Bonner?
Old 12-14-12, 09:59 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
The games where he's had 0 points have been games where he's played little to no minutes. He's not just out there for scoring purposes either. Just face it, he's efficient. But I get it, there's a dead horse and you're beating it.
Not all of them! Not counting zero minute games obviously! What is he out there for shot blocking? Give me a break. It's only a dead horse because he does nothing in the playoffs! More like Groundhog Day with Bonner in the playoffs!
Old 12-14-12, 10:13 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
so............

how'd this topic that was clearly centered around Blair get to be about Bonner?
Because they both get hated on alot and compared, quite frankly I wish neither was on the damn team nor our problem anymore to talk about. I seriously get sick of these two every year from the threads alone.
Quote:
Not all of them! Not counting zero minute games obviously! What is he out there for shot blocking? Give me a break. It's only a dead horse because he does nothing in the playoffs! More like Groundhog Day with Bonner in the playoffs!
He sucks around then, thats proven. Nothing else to say.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 12-14-12, 11:45 PM
The Master Baiter

What everyone's mad about is not having a guy like Serge Ibaka on the team. Instead they've got two average players who apparently are at fault for not magically being Serge Ibaka. It just gets old to me I guess, because it's stupid.
Old 12-17-12, 02:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Well, I happen to really like how it looked with Splitter and Duncan in the starting lineup. If we can bring in Diaw to spell Splitter, and use Jackson some at PF, maybe we only see Blair or Bonner for 5 minutes per game.
Old 12-17-12, 03:15 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Is Bonner a direct discendant of Uwe Blab? Just with even less game?
Old 12-17-12, 03:18 PM
SpursReport Rookie

By the way, Uwe. That was not directed at you personally. It was more of a joke towards Bonner. I know it's your screen name. Just didn't want you to think that was a dig towards you.
Old 12-17-12, 03:30 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabspur View Post
By the way, Uwe. That was not directed at you personally. It was more of a joke towards Bonner. I know it's your screen name. Just didn't want you to think that was a dig towards you.
I don't take offense to much, and I took that as a compliment.
Old 12-17-12, 03:49 PM
The Master Baiter

Old 12-17-12, 06:20 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

All I can say is WOW
Old 12-18-12, 12:52 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Did they lower the rim for him? 10 feet? Looks like 9 feet!
Old 12-18-12, 01:43 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Did they lower the rim for him? 10 feet? Looks like 9 feet!
Still looks stiff as hell to me even on those dunks there, must have been some shyt competition there. Sorry not impressed with any of those dunks 9 ft or 10 ft lol. He is near 7 foot he should be able to dunk those attempts he took.
Old 12-18-12, 10:14 AM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Still looks stiff as hell to me even on those dunks there, must have been some shyt competition there. Sorry not impressed with any of those dunks 9 ft or 10 ft lol. He is near 7 foot he should be able to dunk those attempts he took.
Stiff like Michael Jordan? I'm not sure what you're saying here.
Guy looks like Jordan circa 1987.
Old 12-18-12, 11:21 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Was he 6'10 in high school already? They lowered it lol.
Old 12-18-12, 11:37 AM
SR Team Goof

Wow.....Bonner doing chinups on the rim in high school. I guess getting married, having kids and hitting the local delis have really brought him back down to earth. Then again, the air might have been a little thin up in the New England area back in the day.
Old 12-18-12, 11:46 AM

Some players do very well in high school or college but when they get to the NBA they would either suck arse or they could take very long time to get it....