News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-12, 12:33 PM
SR Team Goof

LeBron: Barkley should 'shut up' and stop criticizing Heat teammate Wade

Former NBA great and now TNT analyst Charles Barkley is never one to hold back his opinions. And while his constant criticisms of Dwyane Wade's performance hasn't angered the star, it has upset his best friend and teammate LeBron James.

Barkley has claimed that Wade's game has been on the decline, and Wade has responded to Barkley each time with his play on the court, including Monday night when he scored 26 points making 11 of his 13 shots from the field in the Heats' 101-92 win over the Hawks.

According to Foxsports.com, Wade said after the game that he's "not the all-time leading scorer around here for nothing," and the 30-year old said he wasn't paying much attention to Sir Charles, although James was.

James said, "It means Charles Barkley, you shut up."

James went on to wonder why Barkley continued to rag on Wade, who is averaging 20.2 points per game this season.

"The man is shooting 80 percent the last couple of games. That's crazy. Seriously, he's unbelievable," said James, who then reconsidered his thoughts.

"I love it [Barkley criticizing Wade]. When someone's not saying stuff about me, I'm glad that somebody finally got off me for a change," James joked.

Related link: LeBron: Barkley should 'shut up' and stop criticizing Heat teammate Wade
Old 12-11-12, 12:34 PM
SR Team Goof

Lebron could have gotten really juvenile and ragged on how was Barkley's golf swing coming along but he took the high road.
Old 12-11-12, 03:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

He can be on TV with Wade but he cant talk about him?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-12-12, 08:11 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Most players decline 30+. What's the big deal?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-13-12, 06:21 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Wade knows he's declining. He's lucky Lebron is there to hide it. He'd be in lottery hell right now if not for "the Decision."