SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Bonner's Release Is Key To Improvement (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118013-bonners-release-key-improvement.html)

Jose_TheGenius 12-10-12 12:45 PM

Bonner's Release Is Key To Improvement

Bonner has been a disappointment for some Spurs fans while others love his work ethic and willingness to try his best on the court. The problem with the latter is that won't get you an NBA championship or contribute to a team while it's making a push for a title. Matt Bonner fits that bill, except this year may be the exception.

Read the Full Article On MVPTexas.com

clovisnmspurfan 12-10-12 12:58 PM

Bonner falls under the old adage " a bird in the hand is worth two in the bushes" I believe he is #1 in the league in three point shooting, had a 12 rebound game and a double double. He is contributing also in other ways that the coaching staff appreciates. Don't forget his slam dunk!!

Spurd_On 12-10-12 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan (Post 1288546)
Don't forget his slam dunk!!

Which one?

WILLTHETHRILL 12-10-12 01:14 PM

Death, Taxes and Bonner sucking in the playoffs!

spurscrazed 12-10-12 01:49 PM

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!"

Ummm I would not be fooled again by this quick release improvement by Bonner!
This is a good thing to see for now. But it is not enough to guarantee his mental toughness to grow up!

Bonner will again suck in the PO and be faded because of STRONG physical Defensive Pressure from opponents.

Bonner is just not that bright. He does not fit in this Spurs system and I think finally this year we are seeing how Pop had changed his rotation not to depend on Bonner as he did in past year and it had been working very well for Pop this way.

I am only counting on Bonner in regular season to win us games if he can maybe!!!

Rzarector7 12-10-12 02:11 PM

LOL keep believing this is the year all you want, I will not be fooled into that crap. We go through this every year early and even mid year.
Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1288550)
Death, Taxes and Bonner sucking in the playoffs!

I agree.

Uwe Blab 12-10-12 03:12 PM

Good playoff defense will not let the 3pt shooters get open shots. He's not a "shoot under duress" kind of player. Put him on this team in 03 and 05 and you'd probably see different numbers, because TD was TD and Manu was Manu, plus the threat of TP. Remember, Bowen wasn't a "shoot under duress" guy either, but he sure did have a lot of wide open shots. Now, it's just TP and everyone else that can be guarded easily.

grizzly_bexar 12-10-12 06:32 PM

He's got the work ethic and plays smart on defense. So if he can change his release to make himself more of a playoff type guy, I'm all for it.

zipper-boy 12-10-12 10:24 PM

I know I'm a simpleton but if Pop wants him so do I!

Rzarector7 12-10-12 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1288562)
Good playoff defense will not let the 3pt shooters get open shots. He's not a "shoot under duress" kind of player. Put him on this team in 03 and 05 and you'd probably see different numbers, because TD was TD and Manu was Manu, plus the threat of TP. Remember, Bowen wasn't a "shoot under duress" guy either, but he sure did have a lot of wide open shots. Now, it's just TP and everyone else that can be guarded easily.

Bowen hit a then record 7 threes for the Spurs in a game against LA game two, wide open or someone running at him he could knock down the three in the playoffs! Bonners % in the playoffs does not lie! It is not good. If he were on the team in 03 or 05 do we win a title? Horry took that 4 spot in 05 and shot a good PCT. so I will leave it there. The rest some of that is correct though, but if you don't have that IT in the playoffs you just do not have it and it's not worth even analyzing over time.

He is what he is, I accept it until he does otherwise. Do expect a better Bonner this year later? NOPE, nor do I want them to have to rely on him doing well, just give him a role like he has had earlier here and just hope he succeeds.

spurs_believer 12-11-12 03:27 AM

I'm happy to see that Bonner is working on his shot release. I know it's going to be difficult to teach an old dog new tricks but still it's still encouraging.

SleepyAdamII 12-11-12 07:52 AM

If Bonner has turned into a janitor/lunch pale l scrappy rebounding PF, then that warrants playing time. If he were to make a 3 in the playoffs, that would be gravy.

so far he has played pretty well next to splitter, and his rebounding is better (without having to go to that other thread). As long as he doesn't start, nor handle the ball, then i'm okay with him playing.

WILLTHETHRILL 12-11-12 01:06 PM

Trade him now. He might finally have some value

spurscrazed 12-11-12 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1288627)
Trade him now. He might finally have some value

You might very well be right here Will!

This is the First time we can see a somehow good value for him that other teams might be interested in!!!!

Go ahead RC and Pop look for a trade!

We might very well get someone who can do better than Bonner in the post season and not lose a lot! Boom!

LOL WillTheThrill had said it again!!!:drummer

WILLTHETHRILL 12-12-12 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurscrazed (Post 1288629)
You might very well be right here Will!

This is the First time we can see a somehow good value for him that other teams might be interested in!!!!

Go ahead RC and Pop look for a trade!

We might very well get someone who can do better than Bonner in the post season and not lose a lot! Boom!

LOL WillTheThrill had said it again!!!:drummer

Bonner sucks in the playoffs every year......trade him now!