News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 12-07-12, 07:39 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Trade for a 76ers Big?

With a lot of room under the salary cap in the coming years, Philadelphia definitely has the flexibility to make a deal and still offer Bynum a nice contract extension. The other option is to deal him to a team in the Western Conference hoping to use him in the second half or bring him back next year. Philadelphia definitely has to seriously consider doing something soon, though, because the team is starting to fade with the lack of depth. Even if it turns out to be a minor deal, the 76ers have got to address their bench problems.

The 76ers are willing to discuss trading for a bench scorer, according to coach Doug Collins. "Would I? Yeah,” Collins said when asked if he would be open to dealing for a reserve scorer. “I would. Can I? I don’t know.”

Ryan Hamilton Jr./Gather
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-07-12, 07:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Im looking at Kwame Brown or Arnett Moultrie for Neal and Blair.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-07-12, 08:22 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Kwame Brown? Are we that desperate? I wouldn't trade anyone for him.

- Jimi Hendrix
Old 12-07-12, 08:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh721 View Post
Kwame Brown? Are we that desperate? I wouldn't trade anyone for him.
Haha... You wouldnt trade Blair for Brown? You dont have to be desperate to make that move...
Old 12-07-12, 08:41 PM
SpursReport Rookie

No, the guy is too slow.

- Jimi Hendrix
Old 12-07-12, 08:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
No, the guy is too slow.
And Blair is to small...
Old 12-07-12, 08:43 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Look at what happened to Eddy Curry.

- Jimi Hendrix
Old 12-07-12, 08:44 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
And Blair is to small...
We do play small ball.

- Jimi Hendrix
Old 12-07-12, 08:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
We do play small ball.
Ya and he doesnt play when they do.
Old 12-07-12, 08:48 PM
SpursReport Rookie

True, so why would the 76ers take him?

- Jimi Hendrix
Old 12-07-12, 08:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
True, so why would the 76ers take him?
Cuz they need a player like Neal.
Old 12-07-12, 08:50 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Off subject, good throw down by Duncan (Spurs game)

- Jimi Hendrix
Old 12-07-12, 08:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Cuz they need a player like Neal.
Now I wouldn't think about sending Neal for Brown, he is our best off the ball shooter.

- Jimi Hendrix
Old 12-07-12, 08:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Now I wouldn't think about sending Neal for Brown, he is our best off the ball shooter.
They have lots of off the ball shooters, I think they can do without one.
Old 12-07-12, 08:59 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I just can't see this trade happening.

- Jimi Hendrix
Old 12-07-12, 08:59 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
And Blair is to small...
to or too?
Old 12-07-12, 09:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
I just can't see this trade happening.
With what Brown is making I cant either but Moultrie is a young big they should look at.
Old 12-07-12, 09:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
to or too?
Old 12-07-12, 09:05 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
grow a set
Old 12-07-12, 09:08 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
grow a set
Old 12-07-12, 09:09 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
I knew you couldn't:drummer
Old 12-07-12, 09:24 PM
SR Team Goof

I'd be surprised if the Sixers would consider trading a big since Bynum has been a no-show so far this season. But if Collins does cut lose a big, I'd go after Moultrie or Hawes. Brown has been the league for 11 years and has been a bust on every team he's been on. One of the biggest draft busts in league history I believe. The only item I'd give for Brown in a trade would be one of Pop's fine wines and that would be an empty bottle at that.
Old 12-07-12, 09:33 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Brown has been the league for 11 years and has been a bust on every team he's been on. One of the biggest draft busts in league history I believe. The only item I'd give for Brown in a trade would be one of Pop's fine wines and that would be an empty bottle at that.
He wouldnt be in the league starting if he was a bust and he has played good on some teams he's played for.
Old 12-07-12, 09:49 PM

Sixers have Jrue Holiday, Jason Richardson, Damien Wilkins, Evan Turner, and Dorrell Wright as guys who can play multiple guard positions along with SF. they don't need Neal and we definitely don't need Kwame.

the only logical reason to trade Blair and bring in Kwame is to sit Brown at the end of the bench (since he'll be the worst big on the Spurs) and be forced to play Bonner extended minutes as the 4th big in the rotation.

heck no
Old 12-07-12, 09:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Sixers and Collins have said they need a Neal off the bench and Brown would be starting next to Duncan not sitting at the end of the bench. Thats what they want to do.
Old 12-07-12, 10:07 PM

you'd start a slow Brown, who's averaging 2.3ppg and 2.6rpg in 12 minutes, who can't create his own shot in the paint, defend, rebound, or shoot? that'd mean Duncan going 4 Down the majority of the game with 2 bigs in the paint because they'll let Brown shoot all day.

Brown: 9.24 PER
Blair: 14.82 PER

even if you double Brown's averages and minutes per game, our reserves kill his stats. Eddy Curry or Josh Powell would've been more useful than this guy.
Old 12-07-12, 10:20 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The stats dont show what Brown is good at for the Sixers so you can throw that out but if you want to see what he can do just look at what he did before he got to the Sixers. You cant say he dont rebound or defend cuz thats what he does best... He wouldnt of got picked #1 if he couldnt shoot and score in the paint. If he wanted to go to the Spurs Im sure they would of got him.
Old 12-08-12, 12:16 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
He wouldnt be in the league starting if he was a bust and he has played good on some teams he's played for.
The only reason I used the term ‘bust’ was because Brown was the 1st overall pick in the 2001 draft by Washington, coming out of high school with very impressive stats to earn him that honor. He was drafted ahead of players like Tyson Chandler, Gilbert Arenas, Pau Gasol, Joe Johnson, Zach Randolph and Tony Parker to mention a few. And while he’s been in the league, he has yet to live up to the potential and expectations that all of the teams he’s played for had of him. But teams continue to pay him a salary hoping he will break out someday. That someday has yet to arrive. In my mind, that’s a bust. IMHO.

Old 12-08-12, 01:08 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
The only reason I used the term ‘bust’ was because Brown was the 1st overall pick in the 2001 draft by Washington, coming out of high school with very impressive stats to earn him that honor. He was drafted ahead of players like Tyson Chandler, Gilbert Arenas, Pau Gasol, Joe Johnson, Zach Randolph and Tony Parker to mention a few. And while he’s been in the league, he has yet to live up to the potential and expectations that all of the teams he’s played for had of him. But teams continue to pay him a salary hoping he will break out someday. That someday has yet to arrive. In my mind, that’s a bust. IMHO.
I think you can go back to the history of top picks and you would find many "busts" that didnt do what was expected of them who were out of the league by their 3rd yr and you have Brown who is still in the league in his 12th season. I think there was only one team that expected alot and that was the team that picked him but it was bad from the start cuz he was very young, the team had no players to lead him, and the FO was bad. You cant put everything on a young player like that. Even thru all that he was still able to help teams as a starter. I dont think the expectations were high when he played for those other teams cuz they already knew what he was able to do. But I dont think we will know how he could of been if he played with a player like Duncan.

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 12-08-12 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-08-12, 06:23 AM
SR Team Goof

I have to agree with you that coming into the NBA straight out of high school is a heavy burden for a young guy to handle and if he had the leadership of a mentor like Duncan, Brown’s resume would read differently. Timing, counseling and team composition play a large part in a player's maturity and a teams' fortunes of war in the NBA, case in point being the draft sequence of 1997 where the futures of Boston and San Antonio were dictated. Back in 2001, had Brown gone ahead and attended the University of Florida after signing that letter of intent, who knows where he’d be today. Percentages would probably play out that he’d be in a better place in life than he is now but the road not taken speaks volumes now.
Old 12-08-12, 10:53 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

With all our injuries highlighting our lack of depth at the Small Forward position, you guys are still wanting to trade for a big.

WAKE UP.

Any big we trade for MUST be better than SPLITTER who is really coming into form. When we have Stephen Jackson and Kawhi Leonard back, Blair's minutes will again diminish greatly.
Old 12-08-12, 04:43 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
I think you can go back to the history of top picks and you would find many "busts" that didnt do what was expected of them who were out of the league by their 3rd yr and you have Brown who is still in the league in his 12th season. I think there was only one team that expected alot and that was the team that picked him but it was bad from the start cuz he was very young, the team had no players to lead him, and the FO was bad. You cant put everything on a young player like that. Even thru all that he was still able to help teams as a starter. I dont think the expectations were high when he played for those other teams cuz they already knew what he was able to do. But I dont think we will know how he could of been if he played with a player like Duncan.
The only reason he is still in the league is because he is a seven footer. Look at his career averages even with ample playing time and his production is horrible. Signing him is one thing but trading for him? Insanity!
Old 12-08-12, 07:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

So we are still trying to trade for a big when our team as it is starting to jell? That's insanity!
Old 12-09-12, 06:28 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
The only reason he is still in the league is because he is a seven footer. Look at his career averages even with ample playing time and his production is horrible. Signing him is one thing but trading for him? Insanity!
Brown's career avg is no better then Blair's and thats with Brown's time with the Wiz where he had no help so that stat is nothing and if anything it says Blair is less. Having him is better then having Blair and it would be "insanity" not to think so...
Old 12-09-12, 11:00 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Brown's career avg is no better then Blair's and thats with Brown's time with the Wiz where he had no help so that stat is nothing and if anything it says Blair is less. Having him is better then having Blair and it would be "insanity" not to think so...
Brown played with Rip Hamilton and Michael Jordan how did he have no help?? Blair's career minutes per game is right at 20. Brown's is over 20 minutes per game and peaked at over 30 minutes per game. Brown got paid 8 million last year. Blair was at 1 million. So when you compare players keep playing time and salary in mind please. Also Blair in less minutes as better career averages than Brown. Brown is supposed to better be way better than Blair but isn't. Brown has never had a 20 rebound game but Blair had two in his rookie year. Look at the stats they don't lie!
Old 12-09-12, 11:44 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Brown played with Rip Hamilton and Michael Jordan how did he have no help?? Blair's career minutes per game is right at 20. Brown's is over 20 minutes per game and peaked at over 30 minutes per game. Brown got paid 8 million last year. Blair was at 1 million. So when you compare players keep playing time and salary in mind please. Also Blair in less minutes as better career averages than Brown. Brown is supposed to better be way better than Blair but isn't. Brown has never had a 20 rebound game but Blair had two in his rookie year. Look at the stats they don't lie!
MJ didnt help him... thats why the Wiz and Cats are what they are... And Rip never lead any team. Salaries have nothing to do with it but it does tell you what Brown was going for at the time he got his big pay day, teams want nothing to do with Blair and he will never see that kind of pay day. You think cuz Blair's career stats are a little better that makes him better then Brown? Even when he was on the Wiz? Ha. BTW dont forget who Blair plays for and who he plays with cuz any player can get 20 on a team like that... I think you should stop looking at the stats and start looking on the court cuz your just lying to youself. Lost!

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 12-09-12 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-09-12, 12:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Why are you doggedly defending Kwame Brown so much? is he related to you?
Old 12-09-12, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
Why are you doggedly defending Kwame Brown so much? is he related to you?
i also think that about Bonner
Old 12-09-12, 12:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Its what I think and why not...
Old 12-09-12, 01:28 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
MJ didnt help him... thats why the Wiz and Cats are what they are... And Rip never lead any team. Salaries have nothing to do with it but it does tell you what Brown was going for at the time he got his big pay day, teams want nothing to do with Blair and he will never see that kind of pay day. You think cuz Blair's career stats are a little better that makes him better then Brown? Even when he was on the Wiz? Ha. BTW dont forget who Blair plays for and who he plays with cuz any player can get 20 on a team like that... I think you should stop looking at the stats and start looking on the court cuz your just lying to youself. Lost!
How did not having an all star on the court(MJ) not help anyone? Rip never lead a team(?) but he was never important to the piston's title and upset over the Lakers in 04' Finals??? How is that not a leader? He was a crucial championship piece. Salaries are important if a player doesn't earn his pay. Kwame Brown getting 8 million last year in Golden State was not justified in anyone's book including yours. Stats don't lie and you know it. I'm sorry if Michael Jordan has better stats than Matt Bonner. I'm sure you prefer Bonner over MJ stats or not. Anybody can get 20 rebounds??? Bair had two 20-20 games in his rookie year and Tim Duncan had one his rookie year. Saying Blair has almost no talent is pretty crazy. Nobody wants him because the Spurs want a first round pick for him that's why! price is too high. I look at the stats and the court either in person or watching it somewhere. I agree about getting another big. Trading for Kwame Brown is not even close to a successful idea. You want to trade Neal for that bum? I'd rather have the #60th overall pick in the 2013 draft over Kwame Brown!
Old 12-09-12, 03:15 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

What do you have to go on other than stats? How he looks?

Bottom line is that his numbers were bad on a bad team, how does that lend to the fact that he would be good on a good team? Kwame brown is not better than splitter, so why trade for him and risk disrupting our chemistry?
Old 12-09-12, 04:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
How did not having an all star on the court (MJ) not help anyone? Rip never lead a team(?) but he was never important to the piston's title and upset over the Lakers in 04' Finals??? How is that not a leader? He was a crucial championship piece. Salaries are important if a player doesn't earn his pay. Kwame Brown getting 8 million last year in Golden State was not justified in anyone's book including yours. Stats don't lie and you know it. I'm sorry if Michael Jordan has better stats than Matt Bonner. I'm sure you prefer Bonner over MJ stats or not. Anybody can get 20 rebounds??? Bair had two 20-20 games in his rookie year and Tim Duncan had one his rookie year. Saying Blair has almost no talent is pretty crazy. Nobody wants him because the Spurs want a first round pick for him that's why! price is too high. I look at the stats and the court either in person or watching it somewhere. I agree about getting another big. Trading for Kwame Brown is not even close to a successful idea. You want to trade Neal for that bum? I'd rather have the #60th overall pick in the 2013 draft over Kwame Brown!
"How did not having an all star on the court (MJ) not help anyone?" Ha.. Cuz he didnt HELP! No Rip didnt Lead the Pistons to a title and that was after the Wizards but ok... Brown missed half the season for GS cuz of injury so you cant say much cuz of that but salaries are important when the player justify's the teams system and I dont think he was right for GS so thats on GS. Ya and where did those two 20 reb games get Blair in the playoffs? And where is his avg now? Ya the Spurs WANTED a 1st rd pick for Blair but now they cant even get a 2nd... The Spurs know its successful to get Blair out or they wouldnt be looking at doing it. He is out of SA come end of season! Id rather get a bum who plays in the playoffs other than one that dont! Lost2x!

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 12-09-12 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-09-12, 05:11 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit7 View Post
What do you have to go on other than stats? How he looks?

Bottom line is that his numbers were bad on a bad team, how does that lend to the fact that he would be good on a good team? Kwame brown is not better than splitter, so why trade for him and risk disrupting our chemistry?
If you have nothing else to go on other then stats then you should learn the game. If Browns numbers are bad then so is Blairs and it lends to the fact that if Blair can get mins on the Spurs then so can Brown. Brown and Splitter are not the same kind of players so I wont go there. Why risk the chemistry? I dont know why dont you ask Blair and his off the court words.
Old 12-09-12, 06:05 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

I think I've figured it out, you ARE Kwame Brown, I understand you are upset that you haven't lived up to your reputation as a #1 pic, but I'm fairly sure that R.C. Buford doesn't read these posts. You aren't coming to San Antonio, and we don't want you. I'm sorry to be mean to you Kwame, but someone needs to be honest to you.
Old 12-09-12, 06:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit7 View Post
I think I've figured it out, you ARE Kwame Brown, I understand you are upset that you haven't lived up to your reputation as a #1 pic, but I'm fairly sure that R.C. Buford doesn't read these posts. You aren't coming to San Antonio, and we don't want you. I'm sorry to be mean to you Kwame, but someone needs to be honest to you.
Ya...
Old 12-09-12, 09:23 PM
The Amazing!

I can’t believe this topic has gone on this long. No way the Spurs will ever be desperate enough to want Kwame. Yes he is a bust. Give me a headache just thinking about Kwame in a Spurs uniform.
Old 12-10-12, 01:23 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Well well well.

The only player in our roster, who I would trade for Kwame Brown is James Anderson.
Old 12-10-12, 11:21 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
"How did not having an all star on the court (MJ) not help anyone?" Ha.. Cuz he didnt HELP! No Rip didnt Lead the Pistons to a title and that was after the Wizards but ok... Brown missed half the season for GS cuz of injury so you cant say much cuz of that but salaries are important when the player justify's the teams system and I dont think he was right for GS so thats on GS. Ya and where did those two 20 reb games get Blair in the playoffs? And where is his avg now? Ya the Spurs WANTED a 1st rd pick for Blair but now they cant even get a 2nd... The Spurs know its successful to get Blair out or they wouldnt be looking at doing it. He is out of SA come end of season! Id rather get a bum who plays in the playoffs other than one that dont! Lost2x!
I think by not having MJ those two years they would have won half as many games as they did. Why does Rip have to lead the pistons all by himself in 04'? Didn't TP win the Finals MVP in 2007 so I guess Duncan didn't lead the Spurs at all??? So stupid! Brown missing games for GS makes no difference even if he played all 66 games last year. The guy blows for the money. At least Blair has gotten a 20 rebound game lol. Where is Brown's? Oh that's right he has just as many as we do.....NONE! Blair's average? It's better than Brown's!lol The Spurs don't want to trade him for a second round pick. They are holding out for a first rounder. That was already published. Brown is a bum as you say who you want to trade Neal and Blair to a bum? Blair does not play much in the playoffs. It would be one thing if he played and sucked. But playing 5 minutes a game or not playing at all isn't gonna help anyones' numbers. If you want a guy who plays in the playoffs and sucks every year look at the Red Rocket! You are standing alone on this idea. Nobody agrees with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-12, 11:22 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
If you have nothing else to go on other then stats then you should learn the game. If Browns numbers are bad then so is Blairs and it lends to the fact that if Blair can get mins on the Spurs then so can Brown. Brown and Splitter are not the same kind of players so I wont go there. Why risk the chemistry? I dont know why dont you ask Blair and his off the court words.
You should learn how to spell.:applause

Last edited by WILLTHETHRILL; 12-10-12 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-10-12, 06:32 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

This is insane. Kwame Brown sucks. He had great potential but he keeps getting told to move on down the line by every team that thinks they are signing the #1 draft pick from years ago and wakes up to find a 7 foot stiff inhabiting his body.

It tells you all you need to know that you can only defend going after him by noting his size and his draft pick position.

Arnett Moultrie is a nice prospect but at this point is a rookie scrub who can't get on the floor for serious minutes in Philadelphia. That wouldn't change here.