News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-12, 01:51 PM
SR Team Goof

Kobe Bryant -- the consummate team leader!!

Kobe Bryant; “I’ll kick everybody’s ass in this locker room” to turn team around

Kobe Bryant is a little frustrated.

Okay, a lot frustrated. He’s pissed off.

And he should be after the Lakers Swiss-cheese defense was picked apart by the struggling Magic as they beat the Lakers Sunday night. The Lakers problems are not simple — it’s not just Pau Gasol not being comfortable, it’s not just Dwight Howard’s free throws, it’s not just Steve Nash being injured, it’s not just the bench, it’s not just the defense. It’s all of it together.

Kobe’s answer to any challenge is to work harder. That has been the modus operandi of his career and it has worked pretty well. And that is at the core of his rant after the Lakers ugly loss Sunday night, via Joe McDonald at Fox Sports West.
“I’ll kick everybody’s ass in this locker room if it doesn’t happen,” Bryant said after a 113-103 loss to the Orlando Magic at Staples Center. Yes, the 6-10 Orlando Magic. “It’s the attitude you have to have. Metta (World Peace) is the same way. Dwight (Howard) has it in him as well. Even though he smiles a lot, he cares a lot about this. Come hell or high water, this has to get done.”
Howard cares, but he still seems unsure of himself in this setting with this pressure. Insecurity was never Kobe’s problem. Howard needs to pick up that lesson from Kobe.

Bryant’s rant eventually moved on to Gasol and his struggles, with Gasol not feeling comfortable in Mike D’Antoni’s offense and not getting touches in the post. Kobe said he had to put on his “big boy pants.”
“Pau has to make some adjustments, obviously, to his game. He might not be posting up as much as he likes, but he just has to adjust.
“The reality is, I’ve adjusted. I’ve never run this many screen-and-rolls in my entire life. But I’ve worked on it. I’ve worked on handling the ball; worked on coming off screens and making plays. I’m used to being in the post much, much more. You have to adjust; you have to master what it is we’re trying to do here. Pau’s talented enough and good enough to be able to do that.”
Pau is talented enough, but he also was benched the final six minutes of the game (his second fourth-quarter benching under D’Antoni). Which is just going to fuel trade speculation. But the Lakers aren’t moving on that front yet, wanting to see if Gasol adjusts and how things look when Steve Nash returns (which is more than a week away).

Kobe wants that sixth ring. Badly. And with this roster he thinks he has a shot at it. His leadership style is tough love, but with the Lakers struggling expect a lot more tough and a lot less love in the short term.

Related link: Magic get ultimate revenge on Dwight Howard, beating the Lakers and humiliating him in the process | ProBasketballTalk
Old 12-03-12, 01:56 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The great "load up with talent" experiment continues... to implode!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-03-12, 04:55 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

That's right Kobe. Point fingers at everyone else. How about this? The Lakers just aren't that good as currently constructed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-03-12, 05:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Im sure they will be trading Gasol this season.
Old 12-03-12, 05:17 PM
SR Team Goof

For some reason I'm seeing visions of a LAL/Cleveland trade involving Anderson Varejao for Gasol. I just hope Stern continues on a rampage and nullifies any trade LAL might try to make since they cornered the market and got Howard and Nash and everybody thought they'd breeze to the finals (except Spurs fans, of course).
Old 12-03-12, 05:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

So Kobe threatens to physically beat up his own teammates and thats awesome because its the Lakers,but Tim and Tony have now sullied the reputation of the Spurs by waving plastic guns at a man dressed up as Joey Crawford,so of course the media vilifies them for it.

This has been one of the best weeks to be a Spurs fan ever.Seriously.
Old 12-03-12, 05:25 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
For some reason I'm seeing visions of a LAL/Cleveland trade involving Anderson Varejao for Gasol. I just hope Stern continues on a rampage and nullifies any trade LAL might try to make since they cornered the market and got Howard and Nash and everybody thought they'd breeze to the finals (except Spurs fans, of course).
The funny thing is,Varajeo is playing at such an absurdly high level right now Stern probably would have no problem with a trade for Gasol since Andy is twice the player Pau has been this season.

Anything to improve his darling Lakers.
Old 12-03-12, 05:35 PM
SR Team Goof

Advisory: Explicit content. The following message contains language which some viewers may find disturbing. Viewer discretion is advised: Commissioner Stern is a putz!
Old 12-03-12, 08:36 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Anyone worried that Coach D'Antoni's Seat is not that safe!

Bwaha ha ha ha ha

Coach D'Antoni to himself: "That was not exactly what I signed up for":shocked
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 12-03-12, 09:20 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncanforthree View Post
So Kobe threatens to physically beat up his own teammates and thats awesome because its the Lakers,but Tim and Tony have now sullied the reputation of the Spurs by waving plastic guns at a man dressed up as Joey Crawford,so of course the media vilifies them for it.

This has been one of the best weeks to be a Spurs fan ever.Seriously.
Just wait till the next time we meet the Lakers and Nando throws a no-look pass to Patty Mills who throws down over Howard.
Old 12-03-12, 09:21 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Wouldn't help them much even if they got Varajao because he's just not a post player. They would lose their only low post threat.
Old 12-03-12, 09:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

D'Antoni is probably thinking, where is Nash? He is supposed to make me look good.
Old 12-04-12, 09:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Lakers lose at the Rockets with a 17pt lead!!! HA!!!
Old 12-04-12, 10:56 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Kobe took a tough shot to his face while he was trying a lay up basket and then he was slow to get up the floor. His nose might got hurt?

The Lakers were also playing without forward Pau Gasol, who sat out because of tendinitis in both knees. Antawn Jamison started in his place and had 15 points and nine 9 rebounds.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!