News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-12, 10:35 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Photo of Parker, Duncan, and "Joey Crawford"

Embarrassing Photo Of Spurs Players Leaked | ThePostGame

The San Antonio Spurs' bad week just got a whole lot worse.

Days after commissioner David Stern fined the team $250,000 for sitting its star players during a nationally televised game with the Miami Heat, a less-than-pleasant photo of Tim Duncan and Tony Parker has surfaced online that is sure to cause the organization another headache.

The image, which first appeared on Reddit, appears to have been taken on Halloween.

It shows Parker and Duncan, both in costume, pointing toy guns at the head of a man dressed as NBA referee Joey Crawford.

Crawford can be one of the league's more controversial referees, and once he even ejected Duncan from a game while the Spurs center was on the bench. The league suspended Crawford for the incident.

Lightning appears to have struck the Spurs twice in the span of a few days, which is somewhat surprising for a team that has managed to avoid negative press during coach Gregg Popovich's tenure.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-03-12, 10:54 AM
SR Team Goof

I think Tony and Timmy need to reevaluate their ‘friends’ in their posse. Then again, these could be ‘NBA’ impersonators. Aren’t we all impersonators at Halloween?

But if the photo is true, I think the Spurs public relations office just got allot of overtime crammed into their schedule.
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-03-12, 12:16 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Really a poor choice by the leaders of this team. Either way it is a back decision but if they were 20 you could chalk it up to youth inexperience. These guys are 30 and 36. Way too old for this.
Old 12-03-12, 01:03 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

This photo might have been PHOTOSHOPPED!

Question: How can we be so sure this is a real photo????
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 12-03-12, 03:05 PM

It looks like this photo all over the Media now!!! LOL @ the Media catching on anything Spurs release recently!!!

Spurs Nation wrote this:
Spurs Nation

The NBA and the Spurs declined comment Monday on a Halloween photo depicting Tim Duncan and Tony Parker holding what appear to be toy guns to the head of a man dressed as veteran official Joey Crawford.

Neither Duncan nor Parker were made available after Monday’s practice.

Appearing genuinely perplexed when asked, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said he did not know about the photo, which began circulating over the weekend on various websites and message boards.

Manu Ginobili, who was at the party where the photo was apparently taken, said the photo should not be taken out of context.

“I don’t know exactly what people are saying about it,” said Ginobili, who went dressed as Zorro. “What I know is, it was Halloween. If somebody dressed like Pop was there, I probably would have done the same with my little sword. I think it was a joke. It was very innocent. They were just probably kidding. I didn’t see it at the time, but nothing to be serious about.”

Ginobili said he did not know who the man dressed as Crawford was, describing him as a random attendee at the party.

“He was somebody without hair, he decided to dress like a ref,” he said. “He was part of the party. It was a big party, a lot of people. It just happened.”

Ginobili said he does not think the action deserves action from the league office.

“Why would I?” he said. “I’m not concerned. I don’t think it’s something to take so serious. But who knows what’s going to happen?”

Crawford and Duncan became inextricably linked after the former ejected the latter for laughing from the bench at a call by the veteran official during a 2007 regular season game. Crawford was suspended for the remainder of the season and playoffs, and Duncan was fined $25,000 for verbally abusing a game official. Crawford was reinstated before the 2007-08 season.

Crawford has yet to officiate a Spurs game this season, according to OddsShark.com.

The photo surfaces on the heels of a $250,000 fine levied against the Spurs for Popovich’s decision to send Duncan, Parker, Ginobili and Danny Green home via commercial air prior to last Thursday’s road game at Miami, the team’s fourth in five days. Commissioner David Stern called the decision “a disservice to our league and our fans.”

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 12-03-12, 05:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

As a society we need to collectively have a glass of concrete and harden up..... so what they were relaxing at a party and pretended to point guns at a guy that everybody knows is not on the Spurs Christmas card list.

How precious have we all become that this is now a punishable offence, at what point does playing around with mates, playing with guns like every generation alive right now has grown up doing, stop being light fun and suddenly unwise for players to do?

Watch now we are going to have Joey leveraging off this in a 60 minutes special to talk about how horrible it is to be abused by players.... we may even get a lawsuit where Joey cries in the stand before Block dancing back to his seat.

People may say what if it was another team? We would act differently, I wouldn't this is a beat up no matter who it is.... Joey likes the attention and wants to be able to try to fight the players so he should be ok.
Old 12-03-12, 05:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

This hilarious photo is now my desktop image. (Its ok,there are no impressionable young children around.)

I love how the media is suddenly all over the Spurs this week.

Tim Duncan points a toy gun and now they are the devil incarnate.
Old 12-03-12, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
Really a poor choice by the leaders of this team. Either way it is a back decision but if they were 20 you could chalk it up to youth inexperience. These guys are 30 and 36. Way too old for this.
this was during a Halloween party a month ago. the timing of this photo becoming relevant is bad, but if you go to a party and someone dressed as him and kidding around, you'll have fun with it. would it have been different if someone told Duncan pretend to punch Crawford?

you can tell they're kidding around, especially with Parker's reaction. last time i heard, it's not all serious at Halloween parties.
Old 12-03-12, 06:39 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Give me a break. It's a Halloween party.
Old 12-03-12, 08:09 PM

Manu After Practice in the Video above answered questions to the media about this Halloween party Skit! Manu is laughing at it and saying it was a joke! Hope this will lighten up some people about this funny picture.

Frankly I don't see any violations in this Halloween picture since it was a Halloween Party.

Go Spurs Go!!!!

Last edited by spurscrazed; 12-03-12 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-03-12, 08:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Can we just get back to basketball. Resting the big 4 paid off didn't it? We beat Memphis which is WAY MORE important than beating Miami.
Old 12-03-12, 09:36 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

mad street cred
Old 12-03-12, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
mad street cred
LOL...@ MAD Street Cred!

Very True!

Actually, I was thinking the same thought yesterday!

1. Spurs last Playoff vs. OKC Pop comes up with the famous phrase:

(I want some nasty!)

2. Then this year Tim Duncan had a new NBA kid on the block from Sacramento Kings named DeMarcus Cousins double dare him to bring it! And Tim lead his team to win that game 97-86.. Sean Elliott our Spurs Game Commentator heard all the Child like talk from Cousins!

3. Pop dares to pull that stunt of sending 4 players home on a B2B on the road where Spurs played 5 games in 4 night and gets his Peter Holt Spurs Club to pay a fine for Mr. Stern of $250k

4. TD and TP now are probably in Hot Water with Stern/Or Joey Crawford with that Halloween party stunt pulled for fun!!

LOL Spurs are constantly getting STREET CRED since last PO.....

:drummer

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 12-03-12, 11:42 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I don't see anything wrong with the picture personally. And the fact that it was fake joey crawford is what makes it funny. The part that makes it bad is the fact that NBA Players are holding GUNS, real or fake, even on halloween. Just adds to that image that NBA players are thugs. Had they been pirates holding swords up to him, it probably wouldn't have been nothing more than a funny pic.
Old 12-04-12, 01:14 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Hahaha even it a moment as funny as this one and at a Halloween party, Tim Duncan still shows no emotions lol
Old 12-04-12, 05:17 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

It looks like they were taking Joey at gunpoint to be hanged. I didn't notice it at first in the picture but there is a hangman's noose a few feet in front of them. This won't go over well in the league office.
Old 12-04-12, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldoror View Post
It looks like they were taking Joey at gunpoint to be hanged. I didn't notice it at first in the picture but there is a hangman's noose a few feet in front of them. This won't go over well in the league office.
So are you suggesting TD + TP get hit by a Hefty Fine, Suspensions, or a slap on the wrist?

I am thinking story goes quietly for now.

Knowing how super paranoid nervous ticking bomb senile abusive Joey Crawford is, I am guessing he would take it SUPER personal and keeps it inside to pile up on TD + TP + the entire Spurs next time he gets a Spurs assignment!!

Joey to himself: "UMMMM just waits until I RULE you TD & TP!"

It is all good.

Trust in Pop to defend our Spurs!

Go Spurs Go

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 12-04-12, 05:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
this was during a Halloween party a month ago. the timing of this photo becoming relevant is bad, but if you go to a party and someone dressed as him and kidding around, you'll have fun with it. would it have been different if someone told Duncan pretend to punch Crawford?

you can tell they're kidding around, especially with Parker's reaction. last time i heard, it's not all serious at Halloween parties.
understand perfectly when and where it occurred. It was Halloween. Still doesn't mean it can't be a poor decision. Especially, as Manu stated, there were people at the party that neither he nor some of the other players knew. No way I let people in if I don't know them. Again a poor decision. Don't know whose home it was. Don't know who was manning the door but no way I party with people I don't know.

Secondly, what if this were teammates Melo and JR Smith, Westbrook and Durant, Kobe and World Peace, etc, etc. Spurs fan would say it was a poor choice and typical "thug" behavior. Just because it's SA players shouldn't change that.

Finally, when Dirk and Nash were s***faced drunk and taking body shots off of young girls and those pictures were leaked on the Internet, many in here didn't view it as fun or guys blowing off steam. They thought it was a poor choice. These guys have to always know they are under the microscope - right or wrong.

Do I believe there was malicious intent in the photo. Of course not. Just a fun loving good time. But is the choice poor? Absolutely! And the fact they are members of my favorite team shouldn't have a bearing on that.

SIDE NOTE: Also remember a certain Chris Brown/Drake incident that didn't even involve Tony but people still felt he made a bad choice about being around that crowd or putting himself in a potentially poor situation. I'm focusing on the choice. That's it.
Old 12-04-12, 06:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Not good at all and couldnt believe it... What Pop did is nothing to what they did.
Old 12-04-12, 10:22 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
understand perfectly when and where it occurred. It was Halloween. Still doesn't mean it can't be a poor decision. Especially, as Manu stated, there were people at the party that neither he nor some of the other players knew. No way I let people in if I don't know them. Again a poor decision. Don't know whose home it was. Don't know who was manning the door but no way I party with people I don't know.

Secondly, what if this were teammates Melo and JR Smith, Westbrook and Durant, Kobe and World Peace, etc, etc. Spurs fan would say it was a poor choice and typical "thug" behavior. Just because it's SA players shouldn't change that.

Finally, when Dirk and Nash were s***faced drunk and taking body shots off of young girls and those pictures were leaked on the Internet, many in here didn't view it as fun or guys blowing off steam. They thought it was a poor choice. These guys have to always know they are under the microscope - right or wrong.

Do I believe there was malicious intent in the photo. Of course not. Just a fun loving good time. But is the choice poor? Absolutely! And the fact they are members of my favorite team shouldn't have a bearing on that.

SIDE NOTE: Also remember a certain Chris Brown/Drake incident that didn't even involve Tony but people still felt he made a bad choice about being around that crowd or putting himself in a potentially poor situation. I'm focusing on the choice. That's it.
you can't possibly be serious. I wouldn't have called it "thug" like behavior for any of the guys you mentioned because it's a HALLOWEEN party where people dress up... plus others might say they are thug because those dudes you mentioned do have a bad track record. The Nowitzki/Nash pictures are what you said, guys letting off some steam. I do the exact same thing all guys do when they go out... get drunk, hit on girls, act a fool, and have fun. Our guys saw it as an opportunity to have a little fun posing for a picture. i'm going to say you're trolling... good job, troll.
Old 12-05-12, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by static_x_2666 View Post
you can't possibly be serious. I wouldn't have called it "thug" like behavior for any of the guys you mentioned because it's a HALLOWEEN party where people dress up... plus others might say they are thug because those dudes you mentioned do have a bad track record. The Nowitzki/Nash pictures are what you said, guys letting off some steam. I do the exact same thing all guys do when they go out... get drunk, hit on girls, act a fool, and have fun. Our guys saw it as an opportunity to have a little fun posing for a picture.
Great point. static! :applause

It is not as big deal as some might think. I kina laughed so hard when I saw it first time. It was a fun innocent joke like Manu said.

Neither TD nor TP should get any suspensions or fines for poking fun at Joe Crawford's impersonator in Captain Jack's House Halloween Party IMO.

Here is what Jeff McDonald from Spurs Nation ( my sa.com) tweeted few hours ago:

Quote:
JMcDonald_SAEN
Have been advised not to expect league action on Spurs' Halloween photos today. Unclear if this means case closed or not.
9 hours ago.

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 12-05-12, 10:58 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Whens the next SPURS game Crawford will reff?
Old 12-05-12, 11:12 PM
The Master Baiter

I wonder how many hot chicks in sexy halloween costumes there. Ah to be a fly on the wall in that room.
Old 12-06-12, 01:04 AM
SpursReport Team Member

My brother pointed out something while we were looking at the photo...is Tim Duncan dressed up as Marvel Comics character The Punisher?

Because if he is...thats just so freaking hilariously awesome.Plus it would explain the gun Tim is carrying.

This is a man with a tattoo of Merlin.

God,we are so lucky to have him.
Old 12-06-12, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncanforthree View Post
My brother pointed out something while we were looking at the photo...is Tim Duncan dressed up as Marvel Comics character The Punisher?

Because if he is...thats just so freaking hilariously awesome.Plus it would explain the gun Tim is carrying.

This is a man with a tattoo of Merlin.

God,we are so lucky to have him.
True Dat!
TD was wearing the Marvil Comics The PUNISHER! LOVED this outfit!
I was laughing so hard when I first saw it too.
TD is Da BEST!:applause

Go Spurs Go!!!!