SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   UPDATE: Nando De Colo's Agent Responds To D-League Move (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117934-update-nando-de-colos-agent-responds-d-league-move.html)

Jose_TheGenius 12-02-12 06:32 PM

UPDATE: Nando De Colo's Agent Responds To D-League Move

Nando De Colo's agent has responded to this report of him going to the Austin Toros on BasketUSA.com:

Go To ProjectSpurs.com to Read The Full Article

spurscrazed 12-02-12 06:45 PM

Awesome! Exactly what I thought VERY Temporarily! Go Pop! :thumb

Thanks for the post Jose!

KAD 12-02-12 06:51 PM

It's all about playing time to get him better.

Money4Nothing 12-02-12 06:55 PM

Nando's just not that good right now. From watching him play, he'll probably never be better than a serviceable backup point guard. There's tons of those guys in the league.

$

spurscrazed 12-02-12 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Money4Nothing (Post 1287942)
Nando's just not that good right now. From watching him play, he'll probably never be better than a serviceable backup point guard. There's tons of those guys in the league.

$

Time will tell on that. I would not say NEVER be better than a serviceable Back up PG...

Right now he is still a rook. He still needs a lot of work but he has some good potential from what Spurs coaches have been saying.

From what I saw this kid has good healthy energy when he enters the game that I like. Few mistakes will need to be avoided and he will with playing time get better.

gwilly101 12-02-12 09:40 PM

I disagree that Nando hasn't played well, it is more that he hasn't played smart. I watch every single play of every single game and Nando has shown a lot of potential. He just hasn't acclimated to what he can get away with in the NBA compared to in Europe. Much like a young Ginobili he is forcing to many passes that aren't there, but his vision and his ball handling are excellent and something that is unteachable. He has to get more comfortable shooting the ball and work on reining in his passes and make better decisions. I see no reason why he can't do that with time. He is a risky player much like Ginobili, but he has to find away to limit those risks and and find more reward. Popovich will work with him. He wouldn't be getting as much playing time as he has if Pop didn't like him. He isn't near the scorer to be compared to a young Manu, but he plays hard on defense and he has that knack to make things happen. Give him time. We didn't bring him over expecting him to be an allstar. He is a reserve and only time will tell if he will become more.

Bryhn 12-03-12 07:44 AM

This kid looks like a great back up PG. He can handle the ball and pass. He has the ability to be very good

clovisnmspurfan 12-03-12 10:11 AM

I see a lot of potential.

alh1020 12-03-12 10:46 AM

In my mind, DeColo is doing just fine. Arguably, Nando is not a rookie based on experience but a rookie by NBA standards, quite the same as Ginobili when he came aboard to the NBA. Of course, Nando is going to have turnovers, he’s a point guard who has had limited PT with a Spurs team he’s only played with for 3 months. Ginobili has been with the team over 10 years and still throws some questionable passes and gets a high rate of turnovers. But I still love him. And when you have to deal with 3 ‘non-partial’ referees who dispense their own interpretation of the laws, the transition to the NBA can be a bumpy one. DeColo has the talent and the vision of being an above average point guard in this league, if given the playing time as he got against Miami. But a summer session with Chip Engelland would do wonders with his shot and boost his shooting confidence. I think he’s a keeper for the long term.

alh1020 12-03-12 01:37 PM

De Colo recalled from Toros

The Spurs have recalled French rookie Nando De Colo from the Austin Toros of the NBA Developmental League, the parent club announced Monday.

De Colo was assigned to the Toros on Sunday, helping them beat Idaho 97-82 with 14 points, eight rebounds, two assists and two steals.

De Colo, the 53rd pick of the 2009 NBA draft, is averaging 2.5 points, 1.4 assists and 1.2 rebounds in 13 games with the Spurs.

Spurs Nation

grizzly_bexar 12-03-12 02:59 PM

This is so funny. When I first read the comment from the agent, "it's only a game," I read it in the philosophical sense, like "basketball is just a game." As in, it will be fine, we're not worried about it. I didn't get that it was for just one game.

As for Nando, I think he will be good but will always have limitations. You just can't teach the passing and court awareness he has, and I think he will never be a good shooter, but he has surprised me with his athleticism and defense. I think he will be more than a serviceable backup.

He is just ultra-aggressive and needs to figure out NBA length and quickness to adjust. This is the same problem he had in the Olympics. He will improve.

I don't see how anyone could watch him play against the Heat and conclude he's no good.

MichaelWi101 12-03-12 03:59 PM

I'm confused, they sent him to Austin for 1 game? How on earth does that make any sense?

alh1020 12-03-12 04:07 PM

I'm not a chess kind of guy so I just walk away from it. I've got the name and number of a good psychiatrist if you want to spend the ducats to figure it out. Otherwise, come join us and surrender to the philosophy that "it's only a game."

grizzly_bexar 12-03-12 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 (Post 1287984)
I'm confused, they sent him to Austin for 1 game? How on earth does that make any sense?

He is getting very little playing time here, so I guess they figured a full game in Austin would be of some small help to his development.