SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   question about recent roster moves (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117933-question-about-recent-roster-moves.html)

SilverSpur 12-02-12 03:09 PM

question about recent roster moves

By sending those two young players (DeColo Joseph) to the D League, do the Spurs create any room to bring in a free agent(s)?

Or are they locked in place with their roster now?

td4mvp2k 12-02-12 03:46 PM

Who are you going to bring in for the vet min?

SleepyAdamII 12-02-12 03:56 PM

I think it's more of Nando hasn't played well, and maybe we are considering making up with Anderson of a few months?

Also I think Pop is trying to use the Toros as a legit farm team to give young guys PT during a long season.

alh1020 12-02-12 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpur (Post 1287922)
By sending those two young players (DeColo Joseph) to the D League, do the Spurs create any room to bring in a free agent(s)?

Or are they locked in place with their roster now?

Presently, we have 15 players under contract. By sending Nando and Cory to Austin, Pop's creating vacancies on the bench for Capt Jack and Leonard's return. If we go after another free agent, we'd probably have to drop James Anderson.

choppsboy 12-02-12 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1287930)
Presently, we have 15 players under contract. By sending Nando and Cory to Austin, Pop's creating vacancies on the bench for Capt Jack and Leonard's return. If we go after another free agent, we'd probably have to drop James Anderson.

There is no probably about it.

steefposton 12-03-12 12:06 AM

players sent to the D-League are still on the Spurs' roster. They count as part of the 15 (3 of the "inactive") With those 2 in the D-League and SJax out a little longer, those are your 3 inactive. When Jax comes back, someone like Mills or probably Anderson either goes to the D-League, maybe sits behind the bench in a suit, or even flat-out released.

SilverSpur 12-03-12 08:30 AM

Does anyone see Anderson being kept at this point, honestly?

alh1020 12-03-12 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpur (Post 1287958)
Does anyone see Anderson being kept at this point, honestly?

From my viewpoint, nope. Frankly, he hasn't regained the playing form he was demonstrating right before he was injured in his rookie year and I don't think the Spurs want to wait for him. However, if he is substituted in a future game and pops 20-30 points on a few occasions, he'll have regained my attention. Until that happens, I believe this is his last hurrah with the Spurs.

spurscrazed 12-03-12 02:34 PM

Anderson is a good defensive minded kid. His defense is a little above average! However, his offense is so and so. So he might be a very very Good Practice Buddy now. If he improves or if we see any other Spurs injuries we might have him play few minutes. Just for emergencies because he had been in the Spurs training for a while. Cheap and we got a good defensive body in him.