SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Spurs Assign Nando De Colo to Austin Toros (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117930-spurs-assign-nando-de-colo-austin-toros.html)

Mombear 12-02-12 11:12 AM

Spurs Assign Nando De Colo to Austin Toros

Spurs Assign Nando De Colo to Austin Toros
Dec. 2 2012

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have assigned guard Nando De Colo to the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League.

De Colo has appeared in 13 games this season for San Antonio, averaging 2.5 points, 1.4 assists and 1.2 rebounds in 10.4 minutes.

The French native is currently in his first season playing for the Silver and Black. He was selected by the Spurs with the 53rd pick in the second round of the 2009 NBA Draft and spent the past three seasons playing for Valencia of the Spanish ACB League.

Spurs Assign Nando De Colo to Austin Toros | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS

WHY??? WHAT HAPPENED???? facepalm

MichaelWi101 12-02-12 11:32 AM

Not getting enough playing time in SA. At least this way he gets to play a whole lot with Cory as his point guard, this seems to be one of those 'eyes on next year' kind of things

SleepyAdamII 12-02-12 11:43 AM

I forgot where I read or maybe it was a snippet of an interview, but Pop was talking about the D-League and how he wanted to use it more like a farm league in baseball. How players who are at the end of the bench still need PT and using the D-League gives these players the PT they need and then can be called up when needed.

This isn't a demotion, he does need reps being a rookie on this team with 0 PT. Also I think bringing back Anderson for the time being takes up Nando's spot .

td4mvp2k 12-02-12 03:09 PM

I like it, didnt like how he has played so this should help him.

alh1020 12-02-12 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII (Post 1287916)
I forgot where I read or maybe it was a snippet of an interview, but Pop was talking about the D-League and how he wanted to use it more like a farm league in baseball. How players who are at the end of the bench still need PT and using the D-League gives these players the PT they need and then can be called up when needed.

This isn't a demotion, he does need reps being a rookie on this team with 0 PT. Also I think bringing back Anderson for the time being takes up Nando's spot .

Pop mentioned it to Bill Land in an interview before the Memphis game. At least that's where I heard it.

spurscrazed 12-02-12 05:34 PM

First I was like Why did the Spurs send De Colo Now!!

After I thought about it more, I am more seeing how Pop is looking at this as a good thig. This is just a temporary solution. So Pop sends the ones who need more playing time over to the Toros.

De Colo will be back BETTER soon.

SleepyAdamII 12-02-12 06:28 PM

The major glaring weakness in Nando's game is his poor shooting. He doesn't hit 3s or punish teams for leaving him open . He is a good passer but doesn't have a feel for his team mates and thus leads to TOs. So far he has been okay as a rookie, but definitely needs reps and PT to get better

KAD 12-02-12 06:47 PM

I think its agood move and clearly playing time is what will give him confidence on his shot and his whole game.

spurscrazed 12-02-12 06:48 PM

Agreed. De Colo fits very well and so far he showed great potential. Few things needed on his understanding Pop's system and making QUICKER MENTAL decisions on when to shoot and when to pass and how to avoid being in foul trouble and Turn Over Traps is needed!!! With More playing time he will def get BETTER. I like this kid a lot!!!

MichaelWi101 12-02-12 07:10 PM

Just hope Stern doesn't fine the Spurs for sitting down an international player, NBA needs to keep the Euro audience entertained :laugh

spurscrazed 12-02-12 07:15 PM

^^ True that Michael!
LOL at Stern creating new dilemma now for NBA coaches to think about!