News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-12, 05:43 AM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

SPURS SHOULDN’T REST STARS ALL AT ONCE

Coach Gregg Popovich has the big picture in mind, it’s a fifth championship and to get it his players must be healthy. His allegiance is to the city of San Antonio and the organization but he has forgotten that people all around the country share that same passion for the Spurs.

MVP Texas | Spurs Shouldn?t Rest Stars All At Once

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-30-12, 09:29 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Popovich could easily accomplish his stated goal of resting players by staggering the games in which they sit out. For example, Manu and Duncan could have rested against Orlando, and Parker and Green against Miami.

There are two reasons I can think of that Pop would sit all the starters at once.

1. He knows it will piss off the media and the league, and he wants to shove it at them. (applause)

2. He wants to give the bench the experience of having full responsibility of the game on their hands, and use this as a team-building opportunity. (appluase)

The fact that Pop sits all the guys at once tells me that this is not completely about "rest", even though most of it is. There is also another agenda or consideration by Popovich here that we aren't fully aware of.

$
Old 11-30-12, 11:49 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

I agree with this stance - Pop has an Agenda
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-30-12, 09:05 PM
The Eternal Optimist

oh yes, spread out weakening the team so they lose three or four games rather than one, especially when they were already short two of their top eight players. so now stern is openly dictating FIXING games and openly trying to insure the Spurs do not make it.
Old 12-01-12, 09:22 AM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
oh yes, spread out weakening the team so they lose three or four games rather than one, especially when they were already short two of their top eight players. so now stern is openly dictating FIXING games and openly trying to insure the Spurs do not make it.

So sitting Duncan for Orlando is an automatic L?

You guys this ISN'T about Stern or conspiracies. THis about the SPURS FANS in Miami who paid money to see those guys. Hec they could have at least BEEN IN THE BUILDING. Maybe play 5-10 mins and stayed on the bench. You got to consider the FANS. Damn Stern..who cares about that dictator...I'm talking about lil Billy who had his heart set on seeing Duncan or Parker for weeks...and they were no where to be found...RELATIVELY HEALTHY. Come on now.

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 12-01-12, 12:14 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

I am 150% the $tern complain and sanctions is using the dis service to the fans as an excuse for not making $tern more money in the Ratings and TV, but let's say it is all about fans here...

There had never been such guarantees as TD or TP or Manu would play even then...Players could also be injured too so chances are always there....

Sitting such players on the bench just to see them cheer lead their team in suites is just ridiculous but hey we might see that from now on.

The whole point of Pop sending them home is to completely rest them for the next game. This mission would never be accomplished even if they played 5 or 10 minutes so playing them for even 1 minutes could make them more vulnerable.
Old 12-01-12, 04:47 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I can understand resting Tim and Manu, older players, but Pop overreached when he rested Danny Green who is only 25. Was he injured? There's no reason a 25 year old needs to be rested. I think that helped Stern make the decision to issue the fine.
Old 12-03-12, 02:28 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldoror View Post
I can understand resting Tim and Manu, older players, but Pop overreached when he rested Danny Green who is only 25. Was he injured? There's no reason a 25 year old needs to be rested. I think that helped Stern make the decision to issue the fine.
We all know that the sanction is not related with Danny Green. David Stern doesn't care Danny Green, i'm doubtful that he doesn't know Green played or didn't. Stern's aggression's reason is Pop's resting big-3 against defending champion in a televised game. Not realted with Green, it's realted with Duncan, Parker and Manu.

And for the people who defends Stern has only onething on their hands, "why Pop rested Green". They really don't care Green, they're trying to find something as a logical reason. It's obvious that we were going to be punished even Green played.