News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-12, 12:08 PM

Splitter Leaves Washington With Big Game And Big Expectations

No one could've thought the San Antonio Spurs would come out firing in a blowout against the Washington Wizards on Monday night after a double overtime game against the Toronto Raptors. With an older "Big 3," most might have expected the Spurs to fold this game and give the Wizards their first win (now 0-12). Instead, they come out energized as if they had a day off the day before. In a game where no Spur touched the 27 minute mark, the typical fan might have thought the box score may be a balanced one with no one really standing out. Then we have Tiago Splitter.....again. It might have been the lowly Wizards, but Tiago topped his performance against the Boston Celtics with 15 points, 12 rebounds, and 7 assists. That's impressive, but this is the stat line that makes it extremely impressive: 7-8 on free throw shooting.

Splitter Leaves Washington With Big Game And Big Expectations
Old 11-28-12, 12:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Its all good experience doing this against the lesser teams. If he can eventually do the same against teams like Memphis, the Spurs will have a solid piece.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-28-12, 01:14 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Its all good experience doing this against the lesser teams. If he can eventually do the same against teams like Memphis, the Spurs will have a solid piece.
My thoughts exactly...I like Splitter and we all obviously want him to succeed but it seems like when one of our young players has "A great game" we think championsip.....let's see how he does against Memphis on Sat
Old 11-28-12, 01:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
My thoughts exactly...I like Splitter and we all obviously want him to succeed but it seems like when one of our young players has "A great game" we think championsip.....let's see how he does against Memphis on Sat
We'll see Saturday. I look forward to that game as I'm sure the most of us are Go spurs go!

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-28-12, 03:02 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

lets beat some playoff teams that could punk us ... thats the only W-L games im checking... can we beat Clips, Lakes, Memphis, etc...

wiz? he could have had 100 points.

nah, i'll admit, its a sweet line... love the assists too!!! triple double machine baby!!!
Old 11-28-12, 04:10 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I can take the positive view as of last year he couldnt even do it agaisnt lesser teams and now he is showing more Enthusiasm or garbos against those same teams so it is very encouraging thing but as mentioned on this thread, we shall see saturday. GO SPURS!
Old 11-28-12, 05:09 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Saturday seems a bit premature to be putting up good numbers. I'm thinking more like March 2013.
Old 11-28-12, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Saturday seems a bit premature to be putting up good numbers. I'm thinking more like March 2013.
he needs to build up progress to put up big numbers by that time. even if he just puts up good numbers in the first part of the season, that's a lot of burden taken off our Big 3.