News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-12, 02:09 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

It's official. James Anderson is back with the Spurs

BOSTON — When the Spurs take the floor tonight, a familiar face is expected to rejoin them.

With small forwards Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson out with injury, the team plans to call up former first-round draft pick James Anderson from the Development League.

Anderson, the Big 12 Player of the Year at Oklahoma State in 2010, was playing with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers after being cut by the Atlanta Hawks in training camp.

He traveled to Boston with the Spurs and is expected to wear No. 11, having ceded his traditional No. 25 to rookie guard Nando De Colo.

The 23-year-old Anderson spent two seasons with the Spurs and is familiar with coach Gregg Popovich’s system.

Anderson, 6-foot-6, averaged 3.7 points and shot 38 percent in limited action with the Spurs. His addition, which has not been formally announced by the club, would bring the Spurs’ roster to 15, the NBA maximum.

Spurs Nation
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-21-12, 05:04 AM
Official SR Home Builder

So now we have the exact same team as last year plus Nando.
Old 11-21-12, 07:55 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I hope he starts
Old 11-21-12, 08:11 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Hmmm hope he can help add some wins
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-21-12, 09:55 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Now would be a good time for him to tap into that potential he had when we drafted him.
Old 11-21-12, 10:24 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

It's about as good as the Spurs can get right now. I don't mind the deal. We bring in someone who knows the system and can at least fill the void for the short time that Kawhi is out. The question now becomes.....who starts at the 3 . My first thoughts are Diaw (he can play the 3)

TP, Green, (insert player here), TD, Blair/Splitter?
Old 11-21-12, 10:28 AM
SR Team Goof

Good luck James. I hope you take advantage of this opportunity.
Old 11-21-12, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I hope he sees and appreciates the magnitude of this once closed door that has just re opened. All it takes is for the first few shots to fall and for his defense to really kick in and the tides will turn big time!
Old 11-21-12, 12:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
It's about as good as the Spurs can get right now. I don't mind the deal. We bring in someone who knows the system and can at least fill the void for the short time that Kawhi is out. The question now becomes.....who starts at the 3 . My first thoughts are Diaw (he can play the 3)

TP, Green, (insert player here), TD, Blair/Splitter?
I think the Spurs will go with a three man rotation at the wings with Neal, Green and Manu. Anderson will see spot time with the second unit and if he shows potential, his minutes will grow.
Old 11-21-12, 12:13 PM
The Eternal Optimist

how ironic would it be for him to just take off as result of an injury opportunity? could be all he needs.
Old 11-21-12, 01:30 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

I think one thing that this kid Anderson proved last year is that he keeps trying even if he failed several times.

This year is going to be different for him since we HAVE Manu available to give our newbies some Great development. This is PRICELESS!

Manu is the Biggest Key this year for our system to flourish.

Last year TP was the MVP and he stepped up Big Time however that was impacted more on the starters not the reserve. As we saw Green and Leonard were the beneficiaries.

This year Manu being here is going to greatly help James Anderson.

Manu guiding the second unit in leading this team will be HUGE!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!

Welcome Home JA!!!
Just Do it !!! Don't think too much just do it!!!! Naturally you can do it.
We know there was a reason he was trained here and lasted for a while last year. Spurs coaching staff saw some raw talent that needs to be smoothed up and NOW is the perfect time for that.

If this great opportunity does not motivate JA, boy I sure as hell don't know what will...

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Old 11-22-12, 08:57 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The problem with Anderson is that he makes too many mental errors on defense. He misses rotations and can't guard the pick and roll. It's not that he doesn't play hard, he's just not quick or smart enough in his decisions.

$
Old 11-22-12, 05:22 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
The problem with Anderson is that he makes too many mental errors on defense. He misses rotations and can't guard the pick and roll. It's not that he doesn't play hard, he's just not quick or smart enough in his decisions.

$
I agree. He needs to try harder!
Old 11-22-12, 08:02 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
I agree. He needs to try harder!
I C WUT U DID THAR!