SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Boris Diaw useless! (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117826-boris-diaw-useless.html)

bkp65 11-19-12 09:42 PM

Boris Diaw useless!

So far this season, Diaw hasn't show me he was worth that 2 year, 9 million contract he got during the off -season and here I thought Bonner was bad!!

spurduncan21 11-19-12 10:19 PM

Nothing wrong with Ur post judging by his play thus far. Useless if he's not a scoring threat and is guaranteed a turnover with his baseline spin out of bounds once a game

Rzarector7 11-19-12 10:30 PM

Yeah he has been very bad so far.

alh1020 11-19-12 11:22 PM

I don't know what the deal is with Diaw, he's a good shot but has a pass first mentality, even when he's wide open.

SleepyAdamII 11-20-12 10:11 AM

Well one one hand he's a career back up that had a great few years between 2006-2008 , the Spurs front office get what they paid for really. I think he has a good skill set in terms of passing, but I don't see that utilized enough, maybe more screens in the high post , more two man games with Parker, some how use Diaws vision, height, and passing at the top of the key to feed slashers or spot up 3s.

On the Defensive end, he's bright and crafty but he can be bullied by bigger , more physically imposing centers and forwards. he doesn't rebound as well, and is a liability on D in the post.

To that end I feel we are under utilizing Diaw and Mills, to an extent, but neither players have really impressed me (imho) so far. I will chalk it up to needing a ling regular season to learn the Spurs system, and being given the time to fit in and make mistakes now as opposed to April or not being used at all.

spurduncan21 11-20-12 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII (Post 1287299)
Well one one hand he's a career back up that had a great few years between 2006-2008 , the Spurs front office get what they paid for really. I think he has a good skill set in terms of passing, but I don't see that utilized enough, maybe more screens in the high post , more two man games with Parker, some how use Diaws vision, height, and passing at the top of the key to feed slashers or spot up 3s.

On the Defensive end, he's bright and crafty but he can be bullied by bigger , more physically imposing centers and forwards. he doesn't rebound as well, and is a liability on D in the post.

To that end I feel we are under utilizing Diaw and Mills, to an extent, but neither players have really impressed me (imho) so far. I will chalk it up to needing a ling regular season to learn the Spurs system, and being given the time to fit in and make mistakes now as opposed to April or not being used at all.

Its just sad Adam because he played well in his short stint when he first arrived late last season. Oddly it seems the longer he's been here, the more hes regressed. I hope it changes. Like you said I do think hes under utilitized to certain degree. I recall vividly him touching the ball quite a bit at the top of the key and moving freely. But now I can align that with him "winging it so to speak" since he was unfamiliar with the system. In essence, it seems that the longer he stays and understands the system, the less "free" he'll be to operate the way he naturally does much like Manu or TP do. If that makes any sense....

spurscrazed 11-20-12 03:14 PM

Diaw for some reason seems lazy lately.

His confidence is so shaky and he does not have any fire in him!

Can't figure out why he would FADE out so quickly!!!
He gets intimidated so easily by other team's Biggs....

Hope he gets out of his funk soon.
There is not much time to think about it.
Spurs might think about trading him by mid season if he continues the funk...

katyspursfan 11-20-12 04:50 PM

Kinda like he showed up at CHA last year.
Lazy. Not so good.

Maybe all those nickels in his pockets is slowing him down. Dude may be just coasting since he's getting paid.

Still early, but not encouraging.

KAD 11-21-12 08:20 AM

WOW - 'Did not realize he was doing that as not seen that much - TP needs to pump some fire into his countryman.