News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-12, 08:03 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

With Kwahi Leonard Out, Would You Consider Kenyon Martin?

Martin is frustrated that he still hasn't been able to sign with anyone (although he mentioned that he liked the idea of Miami for a chance at a ring that looks unlikely).

He is available for league minimum.

Just wondered what your thoughts are here?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-18-12, 08:17 AM
SpursReport Team Member

No sir.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-18-12, 09:36 AM
SR Team Goof

Pass. Now if the FO wants to pursue him, I'd hope they'd give him a 10 day contract to see what he has left and then show him the same courtesy we give everybody else, show them the exit. He should have come to us last year instead of the Clippers. He's a year older on bad legs. If I do say so, our team is starting to come around and playing quite nicely now against the top teams in the West, IMHO. I wouldn't want Martin to deprive one of our guys a chance to get on the floor, even Bonner (sorry Michael).

Speaking of Bonner, he was the only Spur on the court an hour before game time against Denver, taking additional shots. He couldn't miss. If he'd only shoot like that during a game, there would be a line at the Spurs' door for his services. If only......
Old 11-18-12, 09:57 AM
The Master Baiter

I thought I read somewhere that he wanted more than the league minimum.
Old 11-18-12, 10:00 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
You're correct

Personally I would prefer to keep spot open if in case Antonio Mcdyess wants to come back to SA.
Old 11-18-12, 11:03 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Yes I would consider KMART in a HEARTBEAT!

I do like KMART and maybe he can fit here and help us.

But at the right price. I won't over pay him.

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Old 11-18-12, 12:12 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
This is the latest article I could find that mentioned KMart taking the minimum from anybody, but had Miami at the top of his list.

Report: Heat now on top of Kenyon Martin’s list

Kurt Helin
Nov 13, 2012, 10:23 AM EST

Kenyon Martins remains a free agent. He had gone from saying he wanted more than the league minimum and was only going to play for a contender to saying he will play for the league minimum and he will play for anyone.

But he’d still like to be in Miami, according to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel.
For what it’s worth, a source said during Monday’s game that Heat have moved to top of Kenyon Martin‘s wish list.
Certainly the Heat could use another player along the front line for depth. While they have 15 guys currently on the roster both Terrel Harris and Josh Harrellson both have non-guaranteed deals and could be let go to make room.

But the Heat are playing well, they got a good game out of Udonis Haslem Monday night, and right now if things are going well they don’t seem inclined to make a change and bring in a guy with a big personality (and some serious game).

Related link: Grizzlies knock Knicks from ranks of undefeated | ProBasketballTalk
Old 11-18-12, 12:43 PM

curious as to why we'd be interested in a PF if our SF is out?

no, we have an abundance. if we were to sign him, then we'd have Duncan/Martin/Splitter/Blair/Bonner once Kawhi returns from injury. Pop's been playing Jackson at PF when the team is healthy-ish, so the routine thing to do would be to bump Nando to 2nd string and to keep playing Jackson at a big position or just play Blair or Bonner more.
Old 11-18-12, 01:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Why?
Old 11-18-12, 05:04 PM
Administrator

no
Old 11-18-12, 05:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalloJD View Post
Personally I would prefer to keep spot open if in case Antonio Mcdyess wants to come back to SA.
yes or who is not k-mart
Old 11-19-12, 12:39 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

No thanks.
Old 11-19-12, 02:39 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Kmart plays good D and can rebound. If we got him for vets minimum it would bolster our bench and help us. I just don't know if he would 'fit' with Pop, etc.
Old 11-19-12, 08:26 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Why would the Spurs sign anyone to a full contract because a player has a temporary injury? Rather history says they sign someone to a 10-day contract and they don't seem to even feel the need to do that right now.
Old 11-19-12, 09:42 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
curious as to why we'd be interested in a PF if our SF is out?

no, we have an abundance. if we were to sign him, then we'd have Duncan/Martin/Splitter/Blair/Bonner once Kawhi returns from injury. Pop's been playing Jackson at PF when the team is healthy-ish, so the routine thing to do would be to bump Nando to 2nd string and to keep playing Jackson at a big position or just play Blair or Bonner more.
Bingo!

We don't need another PF unless we trade one.

We need a SF to back up Kawhi.

Plus K-Mart sucks. He is too stupid to play for the Spurs.
Old 11-19-12, 11:04 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Trade Bonner first