SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Bigs? (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117802-bigs.html)

mataipaepae 11-14-12 11:42 PM

Bigs?

There is always the talk of bigs. And who to try and trade for. Why not look at milwaukee?

Centers;

Dalembert
Pryzbilla
larry sanders

Power forwards;

Drew gooden
Mbah a moute
Ekpe udoh
Drew henson

So you would think sanders, udoh, or henson should be the targets. All are long and athletic. Udoh is 6'10" the other two are 6'11".
A combination of court joseph, blair, bonner, gary neal, our patty mills should get the job done.
They already have a blair in mbah a moute. But they lack a three point threat from their bigs. Or a stretch 4. So boner seems more like it.
They just drafted doron lamb do they might have no interest in neal. Unless they would like to have both and have two shooters at the 2 spot? So I'm thinking joseph might interest then more.

Guapo 11-15-12 03:01 AM

Has Bonner even played lately?

spurduncan21 11-15-12 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guapo (Post 1287096)

No he hasn't and thank The Lord he hasn't. Lets just hope we can trade for at least a six pack and a pack of cigarettes. I want to go for Varejao (making $8m this year and has 2 years $17M left on deal). Maybe Blair, Bonner and Neal can get it done and maybe take back a min vet player to make it work

grizzly_bexar 11-15-12 11:10 AM

Ekpe udoh FTW.

Money4Nothing 11-15-12 11:33 AM

Right now I'm not willing to give up Gary Neal. Imo he's the best backup 2 guard in the league right now. It would take a pretty quality big man for me to trade him, and Drew Gooden ain't it.

$

spurduncan21 11-15-12 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Money4Nothing (Post 1287116)
Right now I'm not willing to give up Gary Neal. Imo he's the best backup 2 guard in the league right now. It would take a pretty quality big man for me to trade him, and Drew Gooden ain't it.

$

Did u mean Anderson Varejao?

Money4Nothing 11-15-12 11:47 AM

I might take Varejao straight up for Neal.

$

steefposton 11-15-12 12:03 PM

"might"? Um Andy Varejao is playing really well right now and there's no way they say yes to Gary Neal for him straight up. They don't say yes to Neal + our poo poo platter of bench guys either.

S

Jose_TheGenius 11-15-12 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guapo (Post 1287096)

not a lot of people have noticed, but Jackson has been our backup PF with Splitter (or whoever isn't starting) as our backup C for the majority of the time. i doubt we make any move, this type of strategy works best against the Heat (who start/play Lebron at the 4) and the Thunder (who alo play Durant the 4 a bit). this is even a great strategy vs. the Lakers, who are going to rely on their starting 5 a lot and a SF running around on the perimeter will hurt their defensive help and their rebounding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by steefposton (Post 1287123)
"might"? Um Andy Varejao is playing really well right now and there's no way they say yes to Gary Neal for him straight up. They don't say yes to Neal + our poo poo platter of bench guys either.

S

agreed. it'd take a Manu to get him. he's been playing insane and rebounding like crazy. Gary Neal wouldn't get us anyone of significance. he's a decent backup 2 because Manu and Mills bail him out a lot on PG duties. there isn't a championship contender who'd trade an undersized SG to play that position, they'd want him to be the primary backup PG. we'd get nothing for him, not even a good 2nd rounder right now. Neal is over-hyped or given a lot of significance to this team by Spurs fans/SpursReporters. the only game he's gotten hot was the Sacramento game. other than that, Mills has outplayed him and it hasn't even been close.

WILLTHETHRILL 11-15-12 01:08 PM

I wouldn't mind Big Sam Dalembert but it won't happen in a two team trade. Maybe a 3 or 4 team trade would get it done. They won't move Sanders or Henson period. Gooden makes too much and was not a good fit here anyway.

td4mvp2k 11-15-12 01:08 PM

Dont think the Bucks will give up their young bigs. Spurs wont trade for Varejao and the Cavs would have to cut him for the Spurs to get him. Look for the Cats to cut Desagana Diop by break, he would be great for the Spurs cuz he is one of the best bigs on D in the league and he has said he thinks Duncan is the best person in the NBA. Dont forget Mcdyess if he ever comes back for the Spurs to go get him 1st.

alh1020 11-15-12 01:42 PM

I'd say right now the only body I'd consider giving up is Bonner. Everybody else is contributing in one form or other; even Cory Joseph is providing moral support behind the bench. With a 7-1 record and 4-1 on the road, we're not looking too bad. I'd reaccess ourselves after the 6 game road trip starting with Boston (11/21).