News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-14-12, 09:35 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Hakim Warrick trade to Bobcats

The Bobcats traded guard Matt Carrol to the Hornets for F Hakim Warrick. It still amazes me how trades like that can happen and a team get a big man with length yet The Spurs contine to not be able to add any length. I'm not complaining to much because The Spurs are off to yet another amazing start but, it just gets aggravating seeing another team get a guy like Warrick who would fit a need in San Antonio or seeing guys who fit the mold like a Brandan Wright, Ed Davis, Anthony Randolph being stuck on the bench elsewhere.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-14-12, 06:03 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Maybe, perhaps, and there is a chance that the Spurs didn't really think that Warrick was a good fit.
Or, possibly, by chance, the Bobcats didn't think a Spurs player was the best option.

It takes two to tango. And I think that all the trades the Spurs haven't made have been more valuable to the franchise than the trades they did make.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-14-12, 06:05 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It doesn't pass the "only make a move if it makes you better test".... He is 6'9 so not more length than we have..... last season stat line in same sort of min is worse than every big we have (especially boards and blocks)not just the same but worse than all our bigs.

Put that all together and I would be annoyed if the front office did that move as they would have traded for a 30 year old 7 season 4 team veteran that is not taller than our current bigs with a worse stat line that is only going down hill.

Not a go at you TBP just want people to realise that not every teams trash is better than our maligned front court.
Old 11-14-12, 07:32 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

If all they could get for him was Matt Carroll, that tells you what his value was.

Hakim Warrick is a classic case of two problems: one, he never really improved much once he got into the league, and two, he has the beef of a small forward, the size of a power forward, and the skills of neither.

He is the kind of guy that an elite passer like Nash can make look good, and who looks good in an occasional highlight, and that's it.

No way he would earn PT over Bonner here.
Old 11-15-12, 03:59 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Yeah.. he's not THAT big. Literally and figuratively.
Old 11-15-12, 01:17 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I understand completely that he or the guys mentioned don't fit that traditional Center mold. But, he has more length and shot blocking ability than Blair. The only guy out there right now who really fits the mold truly needed is Greg Oden.
Old 11-15-12, 05:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
I understand completely that he or the guys mentioned don't fit that traditional Center mold. But, he has more length and shot blocking ability than Blair. The only guy out there right now who really fits the mold truly needed is Greg Oden.
But tbp the fact is there is not more length or shot blocking from him, Bonner and Splitter are taller and every big on our roster blocks more shots than Warrick.... that is my point people look at a guy that can jump or has a good game for a bad team before he is dumped and suddenly that trash is better than our current bigs.

A true 7 footer that has either established a better board and blocks line or is young enough showing enough promise could be worth it, otherwise I am happy for the Spurs to avoid the glut of bad big men dumped by other teams.