News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
  #1  
Old 11-14-12, 12:35 AM
mckennaspur1's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Posts: 6,209
Jordan Hill?

D'Antoni and Hill hated each other in NYC and are about to be reunited in LA. Any chance Spurs could make some hay on this? Say Bonner and/or Blair for JH?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-14-12, 12:54 AM
maldoror's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,358

Lakers wouldn't touch that. Hill is their energy guy who gets offensive boards and has the length to defend bigs. Bonner and Blair can't fill that role.

Last edited by maldoror; 11-14-12 at 01:19 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-12, 01:05 AM
mckennaspur1's Avatar
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Posts: 6,209

Yeah, but Bonner could spread the floor on offense (something D'Antoni likes).

How much do Hill and D'Antoni hate each other? How far will D'Antoni go to put his stamp on this team?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-12, 01:36 AM
spurduncan21's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: America
Posts: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
Yeah, but Bonner could spread the floor on offense (something D'Antoni likes).

How much do Hill and D'Antoni hate each other? How far will D'Antoni go to put his stamp on this team?
Good point, but I do not see the Lakers making any trade with an in-conference rival that could potentially make them better. I wopuld trade bonner for someone of value. His value is nothing now and you'd be foolish to not think other teams see it the same way
__________________
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising in every time we fall”

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-14-12, 08:13 AM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
D'Antoni and Hill hated each other in NYC and are about to be reunited in LA. Any chance Spurs could make some hay on this? Say Bonner and/or Blair for JH?
the Lakers would prefer to give him to an out of conference rival like the Heat for nothing than to trade significant players to the Spurs for him (significant/relevant guys from us like a Neal, Blair, or Bonner who would probably crack their rotation)
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-14-12, 08:41 AM
Mombear's Avatar
Official Whorry Hater!
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 44,205

Hill who?
__________________



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-14-12, 08:53 AM
SleepyAdamII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,922

I'll be honest, I have been lurking Lakersground, and they do have several page post on the need for a stretch 4, namely chris anderson. I think we could make it work lol....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-14-12, 12:23 PM
esparzar1's Avatar
President: K.Leo Fan Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,773

Hill is garbage.....no thanks. He hustles but I wouldn't take him. Splitter actually looked pretty decent last night against their bigs...
__________________
I think he's going to be a star. And as time goes on, he'll be the face of the Spurs, I think.--- Coach Pop on Leonard
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-14-12, 04:25 PM
katyspursfan's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombear View Post
Hill who?
George, right?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-14-12, 05:44 PM
Kager's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 1,602

Jordan Hill would be a huge upgrade over Bonner/Blair, I think he already shows in limited time with a limited role that he can board and block and as said bring energy.

In less time than Blair he is better by a bit in all areasa and in 6 more min than Bonner do not even bother comparing.

That makes it pretty clear that Lakers are not going to consider this even to spread the floor, but if it looks like they will then get the signature on the spot don't let them go home and talk to their wife about it.
__________________
........ And World Peace
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-14-12, 06:40 PM
tenthousandaces's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kager View Post
Jordan Hill would be a huge upgrade over Bonner/Blair, I think he already shows in limited time with a limited role that he can board and block and as said bring energy.

In less time than Blair he is better by a bit in all areasa and in 6 more min than Bonner do not even bother comparing.

That makes it pretty clear that Lakers are not going to consider this even to spread the floor, but if it looks like they will then get the signature on the spot don't let them go home and talk to their wife about it.
Blair was matched up against Hill last night and IMHO, outplayed him. Blair had the highest +/- of the game with +12. That counts for something.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-14-12, 07:33 PM
grizzly_bexar's Avatar
Carne de res ipsa loquitur
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,551

COnsidering one of the Lakers' weaknesses is outside shooting, sending them Matt Bonner doesn't really sound like a good idea.

Especially for a guy who is nothing more than a hustle big man off the bench.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-14-12, 08:56 PM
Kager's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 1,602

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthousandaces View Post
Blair was matched up against Hill last night and IMHO, outplayed him. Blair had the highest +/- of the game with +12. That counts for something.
Hey don't get me wrong I am not throwing Blair under the bus like many just having seen how Hill plays and he does have the stats to match I would be happy if the Lakers like shooting bloodnuts.
__________________
........ And World Peace
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-15-12, 01:34 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthousandaces View Post
Blair was matched up against Hill last night and IMHO, outplayed him. Blair had the highest +/- of the game with +12. That counts for something.
+/- on this is useless by itself. the Lakers were depleted without a bench and the Spurs still had a bit of Manu, Jackson, and Diaw.

both guys could not do a thing while they're on the court but the Spurs (with a better bench) could score 5 points and Blair would be +5 while Hill would be -5 in that instance. overall Blair did play better than him (hustled and went after loose balls even though the put up stupid shots while Hill just committed idiotic fouls).
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-15-12, 06:19 PM
tenthousandaces's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
+/- on this is useless by itself. the Lakers were depleted without a bench and the Spurs still had a bit of Manu, Jackson, and Diaw.

both guys could not do a thing while they're on the court but the Spurs (with a better bench) could score 5 points and Blair would be +5 while Hill would be -5 in that instance. overall Blair did play better than him (hustled and went after loose balls even though the put up stupid shots while Hill just committed idiotic fouls).

You know Jose, you might be right if Blair didn't have a track record of strong +/- scores. But he does, and you're not.

And, yes, of course +/- must be viewed in conjunction with other factors, but not limited to box score statistics.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0