News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-13-12, 05:00 PM
SR Team Goof

Ginobili questionable against Lakers

Ginobili’s back pain flares up, making him questionable to play vs. Lakers

LOS ANGELES — Just as he was beginning to regain his feel for the game, Spurs guard Manu Ginobili again is experiencing some back pain and is questionable to play against the Lakers tonight at Staples Center.

Ginobili missed eight days of practice and games after experiencing back spasms late in training camp. He made his season debut with 15 minutes of the third game of the regular season. His playing time increased incrementally, from 15 to 17 to 19, then jumped to 25 minutes in a Friday victory in Sacramento and 28 minutes in a 112-109 victory Saturday in Portland, where he scored a season-high 17 points

Spurs Nation

Last edited by alh1020; 11-14-12 at 02:49 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-13-12, 05:26 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Old 11-13-12, 05:55 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

My concern is not that Manu is out now or some time later as that is to be expected at his age. Rather my concern is that if the same back issues continue, that on the court, he will instinctively react to protecting his back and his game will not be the same.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-13-12, 07:43 PM
The Master Baiter

His game hasn't been the same for at least 3 years. Get used to this folks. Last year was lucky that his injury happened early, but now this one is going to affect him all year. Should have traded him 3 years ago when I said to.
Old 11-13-12, 08:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Uwe Blab, I am glad you are not the coach.
Old 11-14-12, 01:38 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
His game hasn't been the same for at least 3 years. Get used to this folks. Last year was lucky that his injury happened early, but now this one is going to affect him all year. Should have traded him 3 years ago when I said to.
He wasnt himself tonight that was clear. Uwe its time to stop saying that about Manu. Much like Timmy he will never traded so get used to it. He was healthy in the postseason last year so the pessimism should have subsided a little bit dont you think?

- Confucius
Old 11-14-12, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
He wasnt himself tonight that was clear. Uwe its time to stop saying that about Manu. Much like Timmy he will never traded so get used to it. He was healthy in the postseason last year so the pessimism should have subsided a little bit dont you think?
i agree. he didn't play well, but at the same time, even playing below Manu-like on the court makes him better than most players.

Parker played well but he had 2nd/3rd tier guys on him. the one that played the best was Duncan who had Gasol/Howard on him a bit.