SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Players association appeals Cousins' suspension (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117791-players-association-appeals-cousins-suspension.html)

Guapo 11-13-12 04:40 AM

Players association appeals Cousins' suspension

Report: Players Association appeals Cousins' suspension - Yahoo! Sports

The NBA Players Association is appealing Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins' two-game suspension, the Sacramento Bee reported Monday.
Cousins was punished by the league for berating San Antonio television color analyst Sean Elliott after the Kings' 97-86 loss to the Spurs on Friday in Sacramento.
The San Antonio Express-News reported that Cousins directed trash talk toward the Spurs bench after beating San Antonio star Tim Duncan for two inside baskets.
Duncan subsequently dominated the players' head-to-head matchup, according to the Express-News, prompting Elliott to say on the air, "That's why some humility is in order. You think you're dominating Tim Duncan, you get it stuffed right back in your face. Timmy doesn't like to talk trash. But if guys start talking mess to him, he's going to respond.
"All that trash talking was premature. I'm not about to let these guys off the hook. Young ballclubs ... should learn from this. Don't start talking and flapping your gums against one of the greatest players ever. He's going to make you pay. Tell me who got the best of this exchange."
Following the game, Cousins responded to Elliott in a manner the league office ruled "hostile."
Cousins already served the first game of the suspension Sunday during the Kings' 103-90 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center. Cousins' agent, John Greig, told the Bee that the union was hoping to get the 22-year-old center reinstated in time for Tuesday's game against the Portland Trail Blazers in Sacramento.

alh1020 11-13-12 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guapo (Post 1286990)
..............The San Antonio Express-News reported that Cousins directed trash talk toward the Spurs bench after beating San Antonio star Tim Duncan for two inside baskets........

If true, this was enough to warrant a tech, or at least a warning if the refs saw or heard it. Cousins is just creating a paper trail toward a solid suspension from the league when his future violations come to light. The Kings have a loose cannon unless they can corral and muzzle him in time.

Money4Nothing 11-13-12 01:40 PM

Um yeah, you don't mess with Sean Elliot, son.

YOU JUST DON'T DO THAT!

$

JuanCaca 11-13-12 01:52 PM

sean norris elliot

b1gdon 11-13-12 03:19 PM

I have to admit, even though I love Sean and could give a ratsass about Cousins, this done seem ultra harsh.

SilverSpur 11-15-12 08:58 AM

Latest on this garbage..

Kings center DeMarcus Cousins' suspension will be appealed by the NBA players union, according to a Wednesday release from the NBPA, which called the two-game punishment "excessive and unwarranted." Cousins was suspended for a confrontation with San Antonio Spurs TV commentator Sean Elliot after a game Friday in San Antonio. On Tuesday, the NBA denied a request for reconsideration that would have permitted Cousins to against Portland. "We recognize the Commissioner's desire to discourage confrontations between players and members of the media," NBPA's Billy Hunter said in a statement. "But he needs to exercise more subtlety and discretion in ascertaining and examining the specific facts and circumstances before handing down such heavy-handed discipline."

DeMarcus Cousins' suspension will be appealed by players' union

SilverSpur 11-15-12 01:42 PM

Following Wednesday practice, DeMarcus Cousins met publicly with media for the first time since receiving a two-game suspension from the NBA. The league punished the 22-year-old big man for confronting TV announcer Sean Elliott in a “hostile manner” after Friday’s game between the Sacramento Kings and San Antonio Spurs. “Just to see my team out there battling without me,” Cousins said of how difficult it was to sit out the last two contests. “Definitely a position I don’t want to be in again. And I apologize again to my teammates.”

WATCH: DeMarcus Cousins speaks publicly for first time since two-game suspension | Cowbell Kingdom