News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-12, 02:09 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

NBA looking into Elliott incident with Cousins-Update-suspended!

NBA looking into Elliott incident with Cousins
Posted on November 10, 2012 at 11:35 pm by Mike Monroe in Sacramento Kings, Sean Elliott

PORTLAND, Ore. — The NBA is looking into a postgame confrontation between Sacramento Kings forward DeMarcus Cousins and broadcaster Sean Elliott that took place on the Sleep Train Arena court after the Spurs’ 97-86 victory in Sacramento on Friday.

Elliott, the former Spurs star who serves as analyst on the locally produced telecasts of Spurs games, criticized Cousins for “talking trash” about Spurs captain Tim Duncan during the fourth quarter.

After overpowering Duncan for two baskets and drawing a shooting foul on the Spurs star with about five minutes left, Cousins bellowed to his teammates on the Kings’ bench after drawing a shooting foul on the future Hall of Famer.

Elliott paraphrased Cousins as saying, “I’m going to bust his (expletive).”

Elliott responded after Duncan blocked a Cousins shot at the rim and scored three baskets.

“That’s why some humility is in order,” Elliott said on the air. “You think you’re dominating Tim Duncan, you get it stuffed right back in your face. Timmy doesn’t like to talk trash. But if guys start talking mess to him, he’s going to respond. All that trash talking was premature. I’m not about to let these guys off the hook. Young ballclub should learn from this. Don’t start talking and flapping your gums against one of the greatest players ever. He’s going to make you pay. Tell me who got the best of this exchange.”

Apparently informed postgame of Elliott’s remarks, Cousins appeared on the court in his uniform and confronted Elliott after he and broadcaster Bill Land completed their postgame show.

“I was wondering why Cousins was out there in his uniform waiting for them to finish his postgame show,” said Bill Schoening, who does the play-by-play call on radio broadcasts of Spurs games. “Then I saw them in an animated conversation out on the court.

“I observed Sean walk away from Cousins and Cousins continue to talk to Sean as he left the scene, but I couldn’t hear what was being said.”

An NBA spokesperson said the league is aware of, and reviewing, the incident.

Elliott declined to comment, saying he would let the league investigate and respond as it saw fit.

Cousins was critical of Elliott’s on-air commentary, telling the Sacramento Bee newspaper the Spurs broadcaster was “immature.”

Spurs-Lakers chosen: Tuesday’s Spurs-Lakers game at Staples Center will be televised by NBA TV after being selected for viewing by fans. The game will still be televised locally on Fox Sports Net Southwest.

[email protected]
Twitter: @Monroe_SA

Spurs Nation

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-11-12, 02:16 PM
SR Team Goof

I got to start looking at the sticky posts before sending. Nicely played, Mom.
Old 11-11-12, 02:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Elliott punk'd Cousins
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-11-12, 02:48 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I got to start looking at the sticky posts before sending. Nicely played, Mom.

Old 11-11-12, 03:46 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

timmAY!
Old 11-11-12, 05:00 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

One more reason why I'd love to have Cousins on the Spurs. He has all the talent in the world, but no role model or on-court mentor to guide him. If he were teammates with TD, he'd learn make the most of his skills and would stop looking like such a jerk.
Old 11-11-12, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
One more reason why I'd love to have Cousins on the Spurs. He has all the talent in the world, but no role model or on-court mentor to guide him. If he were teammates with TD, he'd learn make the most of his skills and would stop looking like such a jerk.
seems the dude needs a psychologist or anger management instead of a mentor. he gets mad at what a commentator said and he waits for the post game show to be over to confront him? that's just psycho stuff right there.
Old 11-11-12, 05:36 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

I was hoping he would have interrupted the interview... I rewound the tape but nothing...

Old 11-11-12, 05:59 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Kings DeMarcus Cousins suspended two games for confronting Spurs announcer Sean Elliot .
Old 11-11-12, 05:59 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

NBA announces DeMarcus Cousins suspended two games for confronting Spurs announcer Sean Elliott "in a hostile manner" after Friday's game

Old 11-11-12, 06:11 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Wow Hats off to our Mighty Broadcaster Mr. Long Live Sean Elliott aka th Ninja!!!!!

Sean maybe sayin: "I got your back Timmmmmmaaaayy!!!"

Timmy says "Gee Thanks Sean"

Old 11-11-12, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Old 11-11-12, 09:16 PM
SpursReport Team Member

In Friday's game Cousins showed that he really is a mental midget. And he's a punk to boot.

The real kicker was ... After childishly leaving the locker room to confront a broadcaster..... Cousins suggested that Sean was immature.
Old 11-11-12, 11:00 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Legged Dog View Post
In Friday's game Cousins showed that he really is a mental midget. And he's a punk to boot.

The real kicker was ... After childishly leaving the locker room to confront a broadcaster..... Cousins suggested that Sean was immature.

Old 11-12-12, 02:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

When God was handing out talent, Cousins took a double helping, alas he forgot to ask for brains to go with it.