News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-12, 03:06 PM
SR Team Goof

DeMarcus Cousins responds to Sean Elliott ripping him on the Spurs broadcast

Alh1020:
What do y'all think? Did someone 'coach' Cousins about the incident before this interview?

Brett Pollakoff
Nov 10, 2012, 9:45 PM EST

Sean Elliott is pretty much the definition of a “homer” when he’s working as an analyst on the Spurs television broadcast. His commentary is one-sided, which is probably fine if you’re a Spurs fan, but for those who aren’t, it makes it a little difficult to listen to.

We’re just interested observers, though. Imagine how irritating Elliott’s courtside comments might actually be to an opposing player.

DeMarcus Cousins of the Kings caught Elliott’s ire on Friday, after Cousins supposedly trash-talked in the vicinity of Tim Duncan. After Duncan responded by scoring a few times on Cousins, Elliott let loose with the rip job.
According to Elliott, Cousins — never known for his maturity or good decision-making — said something to the effect of, “I’m going to bust his (expletive).”
Crowed an angry Elliott:
“That’s why some humility is in order. You think you’re dominating Tim Duncan, you get it stuffed right back in your face. Timmy doesn’t like to talk trash. But if guys start talking mess to him, he’s going to respond. All that trash talking was premature. I’m not about to let these guys off the hook. Young ballclubs…should learn from this. Don’t start talking and flapping your gums against one of the greatest players ever. He’s going to make you pay. Tell me who got the best of this exchange.”
Cousins, as you might imagine, didn’t appreciate these remarks. His response comes in the video clip below

“I mean me and Tim, we’re good,” Cousins said. “Like I said, I have the utmost respect for him. But for the commentator to say the things that he said, that was immature.”

Cousins responded in a way that was thoughtful and measured; for a guy with a reputation of questionable maturity, he was the one who came across as the far bigger person here.

While Cousins may indeed have lost the on-court battle to Duncan, he most certainly got the best of this exchange.

Related link: Byron Scott says he’s happy in Cleveland, not interested in Lakers | ProBasketballTalk
Old 11-11-12, 03:10 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

He should have been playing the game instead of watching TV...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-12-12, 01:41 AM
SpursReport Regulator

I have to say...Sean did nothing wrong..I rather watch homer sean as you say....then the espn guy that rave so much about the other team that is playing against the spurs all the time....then there a commit that cousin got the best of this exchange..i rather have the win any day rahter then the best of the "exchange"any day...Let me give you the box score duncan 23points 14reb 4ast 3stl and 4blk...cousin who you say had the better exchange had 14 points 9reb 3 ast 1 stl and 0 blocks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-12-12, 07:45 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Here is where Timmy parts ways with DeMarcus. When both of their careers are done, Timmy will have cemented his legacy as the best power forward of all time. Before DeMarcus finishes his career people will be saying, "Demarcus who"?????????

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 11-12-12, 04:05 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Sean is a homer however he has always given credit where credit is due, even if it is the other team. I watch all the games not on ESPN, or TNT on league pass so not all games have Spurs commentators. I know which teams HAVE THE HOMERS.
Old 11-12-12, 04:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

ya he got the better of the exchange, thats why he got a two day vacation for good behavior I assume
Old 11-12-12, 05:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Cousins needs to harden up and not get fragile when the other teams broadcaster is against you..... first he wants to be big man and talk trash and then he is in the corner crying over what Sean said.

Juiced up players bigger than most who commentate confronting commentators when they don't like what is said is definately not something we want to become a habit, I think the two game was a message to Cousins and all.
Old 11-13-12, 12:52 AM
SpursReport Rookie

All local commentators are homers...But, Sean is not nearly as homer as some I've seen. And, it doesn't take a homer to say what he said. He stated the obvious. Demarcus started talking trash and then the best PF to ever play the game shut his a** down. He was simply stating that young ball clubs should learn to shut the heck up and play the game.

Talking trash to legends will never fare well for you..
Old 11-13-12, 01:25 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Too bad for Cousins winning that night at home seemed very doable since the Clippers had destroyed the Spurs 2 night before that!!! And maybe Cousins was right before as Sean said they Awaken a Sleeping Giant! LOL!

Sean told the truth that night. And yes Sean is a Homer too but a very classy Spurs Homer! He says his opinion with fairness all of the times. Cousins got upset because Sean can see through bullies such like him so very well. So Cousins called Sean an Immature commentator!

I swear Sean Elliott sometimes feels like a Psychologist. But the irony is our Tim Duncan has a Degree from Wake Forest in Psychology!