SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Mike Brown fired (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117778-mike-brown-fired.html)

silvernblackfan 11-09-12 01:12 PM

Mike Brown fired

Just saw on espn Mike Brown has been fired as flakers head coach

Jose_TheGenius 11-09-12 01:13 PM

Lakers have fired Mike Brown

i despise how ESPN steals headlines from someone else and labels them as "sources". they don't have anyone their due except when it's their crew.

but yeah, Mike Brown canned. it was about time really.

SleepyAdamII 11-09-12 02:22 PM

Bring him on the bench and fill us in on the LAL details

Spurd_On 11-09-12 02:38 PM

Maybe they can hire an assistant coach from Princeton?

Eddy from Austin 11-09-12 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII (Post 1286843)

Uuuhh that would piss of some Lakers. I like it.

grizzly_bexar 11-09-12 03:50 PM

The coach may not be the problem, but he is always the easiest to fire.

grizzly_bexar 11-09-12 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin (Post 1286849)
Uuuhh that would piss of some Lakers. I like it.

I can fill you in on the Lakers secrets. They are old, unathletic, and have no bench. Where is my assistant coach paycheck?

spurscrazed 11-09-12 05:14 PM

Congrats to Coach Brown for getting out of their alive!

Those were the days... Lakers saga continues to suck......

I wonder if they would call Coach Phil Jackson to get his job back!!!

It is not worth it Coach Mike Brown. Hear Me!

Lakers fans are idiots...

MichaelWi101 11-09-12 05:28 PM

There's not really any choice except Jackson. Just think he'd get another chance to coach an old broken down team like he did with Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton, Rick Fox and the rest of the gang back in 2003-2004,may win the pacific but won't win the west, and won't beat the best.

Man I'm glad I'm a Spurs fan....

WILLTHETHRILL 11-09-12 05:52 PM

Mike Brown will get fired this season. Mark my words

Damn I'm good just posted this a couple of days ago.lol

b1gdon 11-09-12 07:14 PM

Nash out 3.8 of 5 games
Howard not yet in shape after coming back early from back surgery
Kobe banged up with foot injury
Meta World Peace is well, Meta World Peace
Pau Gasol - a ok
Bench...what bench

At least when CIA Pop fired Bob Hill and installed himself as head coach he waited 18 games after 2 FULL seasons.

This only has any merit if they have someone else lined up to take over; otherwise it was pretty stupid.

PS - Congratulations on the prediction. I rank that one somewhere between predicting that Lindsey Lohan will do something skanky and it being ass sweat stain hot for at least 25 days in August.

clovisnmspurfan 11-09-12 07:37 PM

I'm so sad.....NOT!

WILLTHETHRILL 11-10-12 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1gdon (Post 1286865)
Nash out 3.8 of 5 games
Howard not yet in shape after coming back early from back surgery
Kobe banged up with foot injury
Meta World Peace is well, Meta World Peace
Pau Gasol - a ok
Bench...what bench

At least when CIA Pop fired Bob Hill and installed himself as head coach he waited 18 games after 2 FULL seasons.

This only has any merit if they have someone else lined up to take over; otherwise it was pretty stupid.

PS - Congratulations on the prediction. I rank that one somewhere between predicting that Lindsey Lohan will do something skanky and it being ass sweat stain hot for at least 25 days in August.

You don't run a princeton offense with Nash and Howard. Having Nash off the ball on offense makes zero sense. Howard can't pass period. It wouldn't work even if all the Lakers were 110% healthy. It was a horrible choice for an offense with THAT group of players. I like Mike Brown but why keep going with that offense if you're Lakers? The move had to be made.

Spurd_On 11-10-12 11:41 AM

Bickerstaff may have turned some Laker management heads with the win last night. Only time will tell if it was just a honeymoon celebration win.

Jose_TheGenius 11-10-12 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII (Post 1286843)

The Spurs know their starters individually. it wouldn't serve a purpose because if they get Phil Jackson back or D'Antoni to coach the team, it'll be a day to night comparison on the schemes.

i doubt they listened to anything he had to say anyway. with how poorly their defense was, it seems the "defensive" minded coach was trying to coach more offense than defense anyway.

SleepyAdamII 11-10-12 02:43 PM

He would be invaluable in telling us what players strengths and weaknesses are , even if he didn't showcase the players on the team. Basically have him act as our official Laker organization scout ...hahah

maldoror 11-10-12 07:33 PM

95% chance Phil returns.

http://www.examiner.com/article/lake...-as-head-coach

Rzarector7 11-11-12 01:25 AM

Oh great we wished them to fail and laughed and now this brings them PHIL back lol, not what I wanted at all. Phil being back makes this season very very interesting now! I wish damn Brown stayed now and they kept losing.

SilverSpur 11-11-12 08:06 AM

http://www.sportsmemes.net/pics/3279.jpg

SleepyAdamII 11-11-12 09:09 AM

I guess because they are both black?

Spurd_On 11-11-12 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpur (Post 1286907)

That's just wonderful. As if we haven't been bombarded with enough political bickering for the past few months, I have to come across this in a sports forum.:banghead

Mombear 11-11-12 03:13 PM

:lol bad SilverSpur...