News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-12, 12:39 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Mis-Reported: Tim Duncan's new salary deal

Tim Duncan’s new three-year deal with the Spurs isn’t for $36 million, as was first widely reported. According to numbers provided by the NBA Players Association, he will earn $30 million, with the third year, at $10 million, at the future Hall of Famer’s option.

Lawrence: D'Antoni landing in Houston? It's not Linsane - Page 4 - New York Daily News
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-05-12, 09:31 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

ouch. poor guy keeps gettin jipped. most teams woulda given the man his due 36k.
kawhi better win him a championship this year. 4realz
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-05-12, 10:13 AM
The Master Baiter

That is hugely underpaying him, considering David Robinson got the same amount per year 10 YEARS AGO. The ultimate team player. He is severely unappreciated in this city.
Old 11-05-12, 10:42 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

GOAT for a reason. Class act all the way to the bank!

- Confucius
Old 11-05-12, 12:17 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Not knowing anything about how the salary cap works, does this mean the Spurs have more funds available this year?
Old 11-05-12, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Not knowing anything about how the salary cap works, does this mean the Spurs have more funds available this year?
it's just $2 mill less a year each year, so not really. it puts us lower than the luxury tax than we thought.
Old 11-05-12, 01:28 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
Tim Duncan’s new three-year deal with the Spurs isn’t for $36 million, as was first widely reported. According to numbers provided by the NBA Players Association, he will earn $30 million, with the third year, at $10 million, at the future Hall of Famer’s option.

Lawrence: D'Antoni landing in Houston? It's not Linsane - Page 4 - New York Daily News
I think this was reported like 3 months ago already
Old 11-05-12, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I think this was reported like 3 months ago already
i'd be shocked if it was. Duncan for $10 million would've been talked about like crazy on the board. everyone assumed he got the same as KG ever since they both signed.
Old 11-06-12, 09:19 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i'd be shocked if it was. Duncan for $10 million would've been talked about like crazy on the board. everyone assumed he got the same as KG ever since they both signed.
I specifically remember in the summer us saying that he was recieving a deal similiar to KG. Hes a class act all the way. I love Timmay!

- Confucius
Old 11-06-12, 09:33 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Well I live in the san antonio area SO MAYBE IT'S SLOW TO GET OUT. The salary was also posted on espn trade machine a while back.
Old 11-06-12, 09:34 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
I specifically remember in the summer us saying that he was recieving a deal similiar to KG. Hes a class act all the way. I love Timmay!
that was a false rumor. KG has always been a cap killer though.
Old 11-06-12, 10:51 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
That is hugely underpaying him, considering David Robinson got the same amount per year 10 YEARS AGO. The ultimate team player. He is severely unappreciated in this city.
+1000000

No question...
Hats off to the BIG FUNDAMENTAL!

Tim Duncan IS the MOST under paid HOFer in the world now!

Thanks Timmy! You officially Rock!
I asked them if it wasn't too much trouble, if I wasn't being too pushy, if they could execute what we were trying to do. And if it didn't make them too angry, if they also wanted to play some defense on the other end, that would be great.
--Gregg Popovich!
Old 11-06-12, 04:31 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Silly me. I even made a comment in the thread started by a nameless moderator who had a mortarboard, but retired it for some other wrestling thing.

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...-expected.html (Duncan's contract numbers in, about what we expected)

I stuck my neck out in another thread saying that Duncan would sign for $10M a year.

edit: I see that Will actually remembered the thread, too (from Jose's quote). Kudos to him.
Old 11-07-12, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
Silly me. I even made a comment in the thread started by a nameless moderator who had a mortarboard, but retired it for some other wrestling thing.

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...-expected.html (Duncan's contract numbers in, about what we expected)

I stuck my neck out in another thread saying that Duncan would sign for $10M a year.

edit: I see that Will actually remembered the thread, too (from Jose's quote). Kudos to him.
you were saying he'd sign, Will is saying that it was reported Duncan did sign. 2 different things from your opinion and the fact.

if Duncan's info did leak before that he signed for $10 mill would have been huge news on the board.
Old 11-07-12, 06:21 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
you were saying he'd sign, Will is saying that it was reported Duncan did sign. 2 different things from your opinion and the fact.

if Duncan's info did leak before that he signed for $10 mill would have been huge news on the board.
Huh? YOU started the quoted thread.
And the quoted article at the beginning of the thread says

Quote:
Duncan, whose contract last season called for him to be paid $21.2 million, will get $9.65 million next season and $10.4 million in 2013-14. The final season of the three-year deal, at Duncan’s option, is for an even $10 million.

Earlier published reports had put Duncan’s pay package between $34 million and $39 million.
You had a couple comments mid-thread. So, it appears that there was news that Timmy signed for ~$10M/year. But not really huge news.
It was an entirely different thread that I guessed that Timmy would sign for $10M/year.

Will only had memory of the thread (to the best of my knowledge). But, still, kudos.