SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Mis-Reported: Tim Duncan's new salary deal (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117754-mis-reported-tim-duncans-new-salary-deal.html)

SilverSpur 11-05-12 12:39 AM

Mis-Reported: Tim Duncan's new salary deal

Tim Duncan’s new three-year deal with the Spurs isn’t for $36 million, as was first widely reported. According to numbers provided by the NBA Players Association, he will earn $30 million, with the third year, at $10 million, at the future Hall of Famer’s option.

Lawrence: D'Antoni landing in Houston? It's not Linsane - Page 4 - New York Daily News

spursfan9 11-05-12 09:31 AM

ouch. poor guy keeps gettin jipped. most teams woulda given the man his due 36k.
kawhi better win him a championship this year. 4realz

Uwe Blab 11-05-12 10:13 AM

That is hugely underpaying him, considering David Robinson got the same amount per year 10 YEARS AGO. The ultimate team player. He is severely unappreciated in this city.

spurduncan21 11-05-12 10:42 AM

GOAT for a reason. Class act all the way to the bank!

Spurd_On 11-05-12 12:17 PM

Not knowing anything about how the salary cap works, does this mean the Spurs have more funds available this year?

Jose_TheGenius 11-05-12 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1286685)
Not knowing anything about how the salary cap works, does this mean the Spurs have more funds available this year?

it's just $2 mill less a year each year, so not really. it puts us lower than the luxury tax than we thought.

WILLTHETHRILL 11-05-12 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpur (Post 1286660)
Tim Duncan’s new three-year deal with the Spurs isn’t for $36 million, as was first widely reported. According to numbers provided by the NBA Players Association, he will earn $30 million, with the third year, at $10 million, at the future Hall of Famer’s option.

Lawrence: D'Antoni landing in Houston? It's not Linsane - Page 4 - New York Daily News

I think this was reported like 3 months ago already:rolleyes

Jose_TheGenius 11-05-12 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1286693)
I think this was reported like 3 months ago already:rolleyes

i'd be shocked if it was. Duncan for $10 million would've been talked about like crazy on the board. everyone assumed he got the same as KG ever since they both signed.

spurduncan21 11-06-12 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1286719)
i'd be shocked if it was. Duncan for $10 million would've been talked about like crazy on the board. everyone assumed he got the same as KG ever since they both signed.

I specifically remember in the summer us saying that he was recieving a deal similiar to KG. Hes a class act all the way. I love Timmay!

WILLTHETHRILL 11-06-12 09:33 AM

Quote:

Well I live in the san antonio area SO MAYBE IT'S SLOW TO GET OUT. The salary was also posted on espn trade machine a while back.

WILLTHETHRILL 11-06-12 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurduncan21 (Post 1286738)
I specifically remember in the summer us saying that he was recieving a deal similiar to KG. Hes a class act all the way. I love Timmay!

that was a false rumor. KG has always been a cap killer though.

spurscrazed 11-06-12 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1286674)
That is hugely underpaying him, considering David Robinson got the same amount per year 10 YEARS AGO. The ultimate team player. He is severely unappreciated in this city.

+1000000

No question...
Hats off to the BIG FUNDAMENTAL!
:hat

Tim Duncan IS the MOST under paid HOFer in the world now!

Thanks Timmy! You officially Rock!
:worthy

katyspursfan 11-06-12 04:31 PM

Quote:

Silly me. I even made a comment in the thread started by a nameless moderator who had a mortarboard, but retired it for some other wrestling thing.

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...-expected.html

I stuck my neck out in another thread saying that Duncan would sign for $10M a year.

edit: I see that Will actually remembered the thread, too (from Jose's quote). Kudos to him.

Jose_TheGenius 11-07-12 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katyspursfan (Post 1286757)
Silly me. I even made a comment in the thread started by a nameless moderator who had a mortarboard, but retired it for some other wrestling thing.

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...-expected.html

I stuck my neck out in another thread saying that Duncan would sign for $10M a year.

edit: I see that Will actually remembered the thread, too (from Jose's quote). Kudos to him.

you were saying he'd sign, Will is saying that it was reported Duncan did sign. 2 different things from your opinion and the fact.

if Duncan's info did leak before that he signed for $10 mill would have been huge news on the board.

katyspursfan 11-07-12 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1286788)
you were saying he'd sign, Will is saying that it was reported Duncan did sign. 2 different things from your opinion and the fact.

if Duncan's info did leak before that he signed for $10 mill would have been huge news on the board.

Huh? YOU started the quoted thread.
And the quoted article at the beginning of the thread says

Quote:

Duncan, whose contract last season called for him to be paid $21.2 million, will get $9.65 million next season and $10.4 million in 2013-14. The final season of the three-year deal, at Duncan’s option, is for an even $10 million.

Earlier published reports had put Duncan’s pay package between $34 million and $39 million.
You had a couple comments mid-thread. So, it appears that there was news that Timmy signed for ~$10M/year. But not really huge news.
It was an entirely different thread that I guessed that Timmy would sign for $10M/year.

Will only had memory of the thread (to the best of my knowledge). But, still, kudos.