News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-04-12, 10:49 PM
SpursReport Team Member

If I were the spurs GM

If i made personnel decisions for the Spurs. I would start out by waiving Blair. Since he has an unguaranted contract for this year (i believe till January) he shouldn't cost anything. I would then sign Sean Williams. In his one year he played solid minuets he avg 17.5 min over 50% shooting, 4.4 reb and 1.5 blks. This would help our Defense and maybe even give us somewhat of a low post presence while still being young (26). I would probably tell him hewould need to agree to go to the Toros to start so he could lean the system while still getting PT and practice. He would be able to play with any big besides Tiago but as a 5th big I think that would work.

I would then sign Hassan Whiteside or Keith Benson but Iwould probably go with Hassan as he is more of a true Center. I would put him on the Toros and leave him there the whole year to see what he is able to do. If he doesn't work out we cut him at the end of the year and It probably cost us a mil.

If we are not able to wave blair with no cost then I would just get Williams.

I know these are both people that have been cut from teams before but we need to do something to address our issue and this is the best thing that i can think of to try. It doesn't cost the Spurs much and it gets them some young players. One has done ok and one people thought was going to be good.

anyway let me know what some of yall think.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-05-12, 02:06 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Yikes!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-05-12, 11:06 AM
SpursReport Team Member

so I take it you don't like it?
Old 11-05-12, 11:24 AM
The Master Baiter

Although Blair is useless, he will not bring anyone that will make an immediate impact. We all want a big who is defense oriented, but still a viable threat on the offensive end, i.e. create his own shots. Well, that type of big would be an all star, and we aren't going to find that in a journeyman.
Old 11-05-12, 11:44 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Although Blair is useless, he will not bring anyone that will make an immediate impact. We all want a big who is defense oriented, but still a viable threat on the offensive end, i.e. create his own shots. Well, that type of big would be an all star, and we aren't going to find that in a journeyman.
Um competent on defense yes, but no need for a big who can create his own shots. With the way me rotate the ball that is not necessary

- Confucius
Old 11-05-12, 12:13 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
Um competent on defense yes, but no need for a big who can create his own shots. With the way me rotate the ball that is not necessary
Then even with that they won't win a championship. They really need another true all star, no matter what position. If they concentrate on stopping TP and are successful, they stop the Spurs. The Spurs need another player to be able to score at will. The days of playing physical defense and scoring just enough are over, not only for the Spurs but for the entire league.
Old 11-05-12, 12:48 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I like your idea of bringing in Whiteside, the guy is very raw but is a good athlete and has legit size for a Center. As for Dejuan Blair, I don't hate him as much as everyone else does in this tread but I don't love him either, I think there would be a team willing to trade a 2nd round draft pick for him so I would be leaning towards that rather then just cut him. If we were to trade anyone on our team I would honestly look at trading Splitter, the guy is just not good NBA material. How many times has his shot gotten blocked? I think we could get something decent back for him, I just don't know who we could trade him for since salaries have to match.
Old 11-05-12, 10:10 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I actually think Paul Millsap would help us out a bunch.
Old 11-06-12, 05:37 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Blair was "useless" for another double-double tonight.
Old 11-06-12, 08:49 AM

i guess that's the situational play of Blair. the way you counter Indy's size and rebounding is by constant movement. that's what Miami did against them last year and what Blair did last night.
Old 11-06-12, 09:44 AM
The Master Baiter

Yeah, don't read too much from one game. The only big they had was Hibbert, and he's not as good as advertised. Notice though, Splitter was only in during garbage time.
Old 11-06-12, 01:34 PM
SpursReport Team Member

While I dont think Williams would be a great center I think he is the best out there our team could git without having to give up a lot. I also dont see blair as ever being a solid player with his attitude and his lack of height. I see Williams as a solid defender who can back down some people. He wouldnt be a go to player or even someone that you expect to really score much during a game but I think he could be usable and help give Tim some rest.
Old 11-06-12, 02:10 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I would move Blair for the right price but to flat out just waive him? That's more insane than even some of the ideas from WILLTHETHRILL!