News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-12, 11:25 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Don't trade Bonner or Blair, Trade . . . .

SPLITTER!

Trading Bonner or Blair will yeild nothing. Neither of them have any value. Since Blair doesn't even play, trading for another bench warmer won't do anything.

At this point, The only way we upgrade at the C/PF position is to trade Splitter. He still has a lot of value, but he just plays too soft on offense.

I don't know who to trade him for, and I am not making any suggestions, all I am saying is if we are really going to upgrade our roster, He needs to be the center of any deal (combine Neil, bonner, blair, or whatever else you want to put in there).

Dude isn't getting the job done.
Old 11-04-12, 11:35 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Splitter, Neal and Joseph for Al Jefferson and ....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-04-12, 11:45 AM
SpursReport Team Member

If they trade Splitter who would come off the bench? Can they do what he does? I dont think they can lose a player like Splitter its just to much.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-04-12, 12:50 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by steefposton View Post
Splitter, Neal and Joseph for Al Jefferson and ....
Someone during last night's game (Utah), whether it was Sean, Bill or Andrew, made a comment regarding Utah needing to trade one of their bigs, or words to that affect. If it were me and I'm looking to trade with Utah, I'd go after either Favors or Kanter. They're both coming off the bench, young and in their informative years where they can be molded into defensive assets. I think Favors would be an impact immediately and because of their youth, they have some upside. Jefferson is the veteran who idolizes and molds his play like that of TD but has seen better days and comes with a hefty price tag.
Old 11-04-12, 01:05 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Someone during last night's game (Utah), whether it was Sean, Bill or Andrew, made a comment regarding Utah needing to trade one of their bigs, or words to that affect. If it were me and I'm looking to trade with Utah, I'd go after either Favors or Kanter. They're both coming off the bench, young and in their informative years where they can be molded into defensive assets. I think Favors would be an impact immediately and because of their youth, they have some upside. Jefferson is the veteran who idolizes and molds his play like that of TD but has seen better days and comes with a hefty price tag.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that comes to fruition someday. Especially with the front office shifts where former Jazz and Spurs personnel have switched locations. As to which Spurs would be involved, I wouldn't even want begin to speculate, especially this early in the season when Pop hasn't had the time to sort out rotations and player potential.
Old 11-04-12, 03:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
If it were me and I'm looking to trade with Utah, I'd go after either Favors or Kanter. They're both coming off the bench, young and in their informative years where they can be molded into defensive assets. I think Favors would be an impact immediately and because of their youth, they have some upside. Jefferson is the veteran who idolizes and molds his play like that of TD but has seen better days and comes with a hefty price tag.
I feel you on Al Jeffersons contract, but truth be tolld he would be the one to leave town. And if it were between Kanter and him, I'd certainly go with AL Jeff. Kanter is still on a rookie contract I believe and it still raw. For a trade to happen for Al Jefferson to happen we'd have to ship out Splitter and Green/or S-Jax, Neal and Blair. We are over the cap and would need to approximate near full salary to consummate a trade

- Confucius
Old 11-04-12, 03:45 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I don't think we will get anything of immediate value for Blair and a package deal, unless that guy is one of the big 3. And if you package Blair, you're giving too much to get rid of an odd fitting piece. At this point if you can get a 2nd rounder for Blair, and send him to a young team he could do well and we might get a decent future pick.

At best maybe you clear the spot on the bench and bring in Joseph, since our back up PG situation is pretty shaky.
Old 11-04-12, 05:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Of course I'd love to have Favors, but no way Utah trades him or Kanter (even though I think Kanter is "bust" material). I'm thinking short term in order to win #5-6. Then Duncan/Manu retire, we reload around Kawhi and go from there. You're right, Jackson would have to be included for salary purposes, but don't you think Utah would rather have Neal than Tinsley and Jackson rather than DeMare Carroll? Their bench gets much better and they clear some time for Favors with Blair backing him up (I'd keep Splitter). So what about Blair/Neal/Jackson/Green for Jefferson/Marvin Williams

PG: Parker, Mills, Joseph
SG: Manu, De Colo
SF: Leonard, Williams
PF: Duncan, Diaw, Bonner
C: Jefferson, Splitter

With Leonard moving to the 2 with Williams from time to time and bring in one of the SF from D-League/summer to fill in for blow-outs, injuries, etc.

I take that team against an overrated L.A. team and an OKC team that reset their clock without Harden.

S
Old 11-04-12, 06:08 PM
SpursReport Team Member

They want to get rid of bell in any trade from what I have heard. We also cant trade green yet. I put bonner instead of green and then added in bell and it works. Williams is more of a bonner replacement then a SF. I would rather leave him out though.
Old 11-04-12, 08:51 PM
SpursReport Team Member

We need a more defensive minded/able center
Is our defense that good? I think so. And the scary part is that the whole team seems to take a sadistic pride in shutting people down. What is Pop feeding them? They looked brainwashed out there, a single minded machine that just eats up their opponents. -----pjrfan
Old 11-04-12, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
If they trade Splitter who would come off the bench? Can they do what he does? I dont think they can lose a player like Splitter its just to much.
you'd force Diaw to come off the bench. i don't think Jefferson off the bench would be good at all, especially with Bonner.

i don't know about Jefferson. if we're going to trade for someone, it has to be a balanced big. someone who can score while being able to play defense. Jefferson is way to offense oriented. i'd rather take Milsap over him tbh.
Old 11-05-12, 06:02 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I love this time of year when everybody is trying to trade everybody. I trust Pop to do the right thing. What most people overlook is an intangible called team chemistry which is hard to find.
Old 11-07-12, 07:50 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

After watching the Indy game, I was surprised how a Blair and bonner front court worked well against a bigger front court in Indy. Watched Blair and he started by just rebounding, fighting for boards and easy points happened, from there he had established himself in the game to where he was a viable post option to run the ball through to score or pass to a cutting Leonard.

Can Blair stay consistent?
Old 11-07-12, 09:48 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
After watching the Indy game, I was surprised how a Blair and bonner front court worked well against a bigger front court in Indy. Watched Blair and he started by just rebounding, fighting for boards and easy points happened, from there he had established himself in the game to where he was a viable post option to run the ball through to score or pass to a cutting Leonard.

Can Blair stay consistent?
Agreed. Pop gave Blair an opportunity and Blair rose to the occasion but he will have to continue to do so against playoff contenders.
Old 11-11-12, 08:12 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
Can they bobble passes and get owned in the paint religiously.... I think we can find that elsewhere.
Old 11-11-12, 10:02 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
Can they bobble passes and get owned in the paint religiously.... I think we can find that elsewhere.
Ha... Who? Eddy Curry? Ya and you'll lose religiously too.