SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Video: Tony Parker beats the Thunder at the buzzer (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117738-video-tony-parker-beats-thunder-buzzer.html)

alh1020 11-02-12 11:47 AM

Video: Tony Parker beats the Thunder at the buzzer

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/diXbI2sl5B4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="443" width="590"></iframe>

This was a game the Thunder very much could have won. Most watching would say they should have won, but Tony Parker had other ideas.

With the game tied at 84 and with less than six seconds remaining, Parker began the Spurs’ final possession on the far side of the floor. He curled baseline and popped out to the perimeter, where he was left wide open to attempt the game-winning shot, one that he calmly drained to give his team its second win to start the season in as many nights.

Rrelated link: Tony Parker’s clutch buckets late help Spurs take down the Thunder | ProBasketballTalk

alh1020 11-02-12 11:51 AM

Who is Westbrook guarding? Tony lost him on the back pick. If this was a permanent set play, it soon will be.

grizzly_bexar 11-02-12 12:10 PM

Said it before and I'll say it again. Whenever a team beats the thunder, Westbrook is their MVP.

Jose_TheGenius 11-02-12 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1286537)
Who is Westbrook guarding? Tony lost him on the back pick. If this was a permanent set play, it soon will be.

i think it may have been wanting Parker to get the rock and set a quick screen for him (as it was set anyway but normally against the opposing PG). if his guy isn't around, i'm sure the nearest Spur set a pick vs. the nearest OKC player

Uwe Blab 11-02-12 01:29 PM

How about KY, didn't have a great game offensively, but had 4 steals including the one that gave the Spurs the last shot.

grizzly_bexar 11-02-12 01:39 PM

Ky is leading the league in steals and I don't think it's a fluke.

SleepyAdamII 11-02-12 01:53 PM

Tony has a history of being Clutch, and it's really great to see him win games back to back. I feel like with this team, if we can keep the game close to the final 2 minutes, we can beat anyone. Its great to see the 3pt shot falling for Tony.

Jose_TheGenius 11-02-12 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1286554)
How about KY, didn't have a great game offensively, but had 4 steals including the one that gave the Spurs the last shot.

unlike George Hill, he's finally figured out he has long arms that need to be active. last year, Leonard wouldn't have done that. he would have probably just let him catch the ball and contested the last shot (depending on help at the same time). this year, it seems that the Spurs in general are being pesky and if they're going to rely on help, you might as well contest and be active while pestering the guy with the ball (something Bowen used to do and something that we've missed).

shelden 11-02-12 04:40 PM

Thanks for posting this. I recorded the game to watch today and missed the last play.
facepalm

alh1020 11-02-12 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1286563)
unlike George Hill, he's finally figured out he has long arms that need to be active. last year, Leonard wouldn't have done that. he would have probably just let him catch the ball and contested the last shot (depending on help at the same time). this year, it seems that the Spurs in general are being pesky and if they're going to rely on help, you might as well contest and be active while pestering the guy with the ball (something Bowen used to do and something that we've missed).

If he can play those passing lanes and overplay occasionally and anticipate the pass at times, his steal total could be outrageous.