SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Meanwhile.. Josh Howard still waiting for the phone to ring (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117727-meanwhile-josh-howard-still-waiting-phone-ring.html)

SilverSpur 11-01-12 05:04 AM

Meanwhile.. Josh Howard still waiting for the phone to ring

Josh Howard, a one-time All-Star in Dallas and once thought to be the rising star that would play alongside Dirk Nowitzki for years to come, is residing in Dallas, healthy, working out and waiting for the phone to ring. At 32, Howard refuses to believe that his career will end prematurely. “I’m just waiting for the opportunity to get on a team,” Howard, a 6-foot-7 small forward with nine seasons under his belt, told NBA.com on Tuesday. “My agent has been staying in contact with teams and continues to communicate with those teams. It’s a waiting game.”

“I look at it as motivating,” Howard said of not being signed. “It’s never a disappointment. I look at my career and if it were to end today I can say honestly that I was one of the best players in the league for a while. I made it to the Finals, but you know my goal is to win the Finals and I want another opportunity. That’s my drive in me still and my competitiveness. I’m not ready to stop playing. I’m staying aggressive and hoping a team picks me up.”

Former All-Star Josh Howard Stays Positive As He Waits For Work

Jose_TheGenius 11-01-12 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpur (Post 1286398)
“I look at it as motivating,” Howard said of not being signed. “It’s never a disappointment. I look at my career and if it were to end today I can say honestly that I was one of the best players in the league for a while. I made it to the Finals, but you know my goal is to win the Finals and I want another opportunity. That’s my drive in me still and my competitiveness. I’m not ready to stop playing. I’m staying aggressive and hoping a team picks me up.”

safe to say he's still smoking that green

spurduncan21 11-01-12 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1286428)
safe to say he's still smoking that green

Most certainly still is Josey. And I'm sure most fans will agree when I say "Hope that phone of his never gets a call from our FO"

Jose_TheGenius 11-01-12 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurduncan21 (Post 1286431)
Most certainly still is Josey. And I'm sure most fans will agree when I say "Hope that phone of his never gets a call from our FO"

don't worry on that. we still have WAY too many guards and enough guards who can play SF to want him here, unless Pop is chugging wine from a box (then anything is possible)

spurduncan21 11-01-12 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1286432)
don't worry on that. we still have WAY too many guards and enough guards who can play SF to want him here, unless Pop is chugging wine from a box (then anything is possible)

I would not put that past POP haha

grizzly_bexar 11-01-12 07:30 PM

Let him keep waiting for that call.

Tough part is there were some years we really could've used him and he was still playing at a high level.

Maybe his career would've taken a different direction here.

spurduncan21 11-01-12 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar (Post 1286461)
Let him keep waiting for that call.

Tough part is there were some years we really could've used him and he was still playing at a high level.

Maybe his career would've taken a different direction here.

maybe grizzly. As a spurs fan I hated that guy, but hate in a good way like I hate Nowitzki. Nothing like the way I hate guys like Kobe and JET

grizzly_bexar 11-01-12 08:01 PM

I know, I had the same feeling. But then his attitude and personality took a dark turn.

spurduncan21 11-01-12 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar (Post 1286468)
I know, I had the same feeling. But then his attitude and personality took a dark turn.

That coincidentally happened when he had health issues and came out about his dope usage

Guille 11-02-12 12:04 AM

He´s not Spurs material anymore, but I definitely can think of at least fifteen teams who could have him over the roster they have. He can be a good addition for half of the leagues benches

MRJONESIII 11-02-12 07:38 AM

Kenyon Martin is kicking it somewhere too.

td4mvp2k 11-02-12 09:50 AM

Howard and K-Mart are a waste. Im sure they are best friends because they are both the same.