News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 10-30-12, 07:54 AM
SR Team Goof

Curry could start against Lakers!??!!

DALLAS (AP) -- The Dallas Mavericks are moving on without guard Delonte West, and their starting center for Tuesday night's season opener on the road against the Los Angeles Lakers will likely be someone who wasn't even on the roster a week ago.

The Mavericks waived West on Monday, the eve of a second straight season with a major roster makeover. West was part of the first retooling a year ago, and figured to be a valuable role player again before two suspensions in as many weeks for conduct detrimental to the team.

Dallas had to dump West to make room for Eddy Curry, a journeyman center who was picked up last week after San Antonio let him go. Curry likely will get the start against the Lakers because Chris Kaman and backup Brandon Wright are battling injuries.

West, who has bipolar disorder, indicated in a series of tweets after the second suspension that his future in Dallas was in doubt. The eighth-year pro was involved in a pair of locker room incidents during the preseason. He was on his second straight one-year contract for the veteran minimum, which was $1.2 million this season.

Part of West's value a year ago came from being a younger, experienced player to help aging point guard Jason Kidd and another 30-something guard in Jason Terry. But the Mavericks have a much younger backcourt after getting Darren Collison from Indiana to replace Kidd when they missed out on Deron Williams and adding free agent O.J. Mayo to fill Terry's scoring role.

Dallas grabbed Curry last week after he was released by San Antonio, and he had 11 points and seven rebounds in 27 minutes in Dallas' preseason finale against Charlotte on Friday.

The fourth pick of the 2001 draft by Chicago, Curry improved his scoring averages all four seasons with the Bulls before getting traded to New York. He averaged a career-high 19.5 points per game in 2006-07 but has played just 24 games combined the past three seasons.

With West out and Curry in, the Mavericks have nine new players on their roster and should have four new starters on the floor against the Lakers with Dirk Nowitzki recovering from knee surgery. The only holdover is Shawn Marion.

''This is what we got. That's the way it is,'' said Marion, now second to Nowitzki in Dallas tenure. ''We can't harp on it all day. We'll do what we gotta do.''

Mavs dump West; Curry could start against Lakers - Yahoo! Sports
Old 10-30-12, 08:30 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Doesn't suprise me....the Mavs love our sloppy seconds..
Old 10-30-12, 11:32 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I was thinking, what the hell happened to Kaman, we fought tooth and nail to try and get him, and they end up taking eddy curry for, us lol.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-30-12, 11:40 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
I was thinking, what the hell happened to Kaman, we fought tooth and nail to try and get him, and they end up taking eddy curry for, us lol.
Injuries injuries injuries sleepy. That guy is a chronic ailment who rarely is ever healthy

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-30-12, 11:59 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Well its funny to me that we spent earlier this summer wanting to get Kaman and Brand on the squad, and the Mavs end up starting a guy we cut at a position we need desperately.
Old 10-30-12, 12:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Eddy happy. Eddy eat when happy.
Old 10-30-12, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
at this point, the Mavs would kill to have the end of our bench (i.e. Bonner/Blair)
Old 10-30-12, 04:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Wow! Jose you have come a long way.
Old 10-30-12, 05:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I hope he does well tonight and somehow puts Howard on his back. Looking forward to see how Nash is on the defensive end going against Collison as well. Here's to an unlikely Dallas victory

- Confucius
Old 10-30-12, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
I hope he does well tonight and somehow puts Howard on his back. Looking forward to see how Nash is on the defensive end going against Collison as well. Here's to an unlikely Dallas victory
:shocked:shocked:shocked:shocked
Old 11-01-12, 05:24 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

E. Curry plays 16 minutes and puts in a nice defensive effort to go with 7 points and 4 rebounds against the Lakers. Dallas spanks the hyped purple and gold in Los Angeles.

Meanwhile, Boris Diaw gets 30 minutes against New Orleans.. Gets out hustled, out rebounded and ends up with 4 points and 4 boards while D. Blair watches the game from the bench.

Hmmmm....?

Mavericks at Lakers - October 30, 2012 - Game Preview, Play by Play, Scores and Recap on NBA.com
Old 11-01-12, 03:32 PM

very hard to compare NO and LAL. the Lakers have no bench while every big on the Hornets is athletic, can shoot, or both. Curry's defense was decent, in Eddy Curry standards, but Diaw has more dimensions.

i think that with Dirk gone, the whole Mavericks team was fired up to go compete in a game they were supposed to lose while the Spurs were in a game they were supposed to win.