News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-12, 02:04 PM
SR Team Goof

Kevin Love broke hand doing knuckle push ups. Ugh.

It was like some kind of Rocky movie training montage gone bad. And without the John Cafferty “Heart on Fire” soundtrack.

Kevin Love broke his hand doing knuckle pushups, according to the Timberwolves (as reported by Jon Krawczynski of the Associated Press, among others). He was working out with a trainer at his condominium complex before coming to the team’s practice facility that day.

Knuckle pushups. That’s what may have cost the Timberwolves their shot at the playoffs.

The good news is the timeframe for Love’s return to the court may be a little sooner than first anticipated, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports and NBC Sports Network.

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA
After meeting with doctor in N.Y., there appears real chance Kevin Love could return within 5 to 6 weeks from broken hand, source tells Y!

Related link: Video: LeBron James practicing his skyhook | ProBasketballTalk
Old 10-18-12, 03:08 PM
The Master Baiter

What good do knuckle push ups do? I always thought it was some way to mete out punishment in the army. Why are trainers putting it into workouts? Seems like some stupid fad, like Crossfit.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-18-12, 04:40 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I was thinking the same thing. I found this at Livestrong.com :

Knuckle, or fist, push-ups are identical to the traditional push-up but with one slight variation: your upper body is supported on your knuckles rather than on your palms. Knuckle push-ups are commonly performed by martial artists who want to strengthen their knuckles and wrists, thereby improving punching efficiency. There are additional benefits to doing knuckle push-ups.
Improved Stability

Knuckle push-ups will help improve muscular stability in your arms, shoulders and core. Traditional push-ups are performed with an open palm, which is significantly larger than your fist. The decreased surface area of your knuckles requires the muscles in your upper body to work harder in order to maintain your balance.

Read more: What Are The Benefits Of Knuckle Pushups? | LIVESTRONG.COM
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-18-12, 05:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Was this a team trainer? If so you know he's out of there.
Old 10-18-12, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
Was this a team trainer? If so you know he's out of there.
i seriously doubt it, but i agree he'll be gone ASAP if it was.

knuckle push ups aren't too bad imo, i think when you're a tall guy who weights a bit, it may not be a good idea to put your body weight on them.
Old 10-18-12, 05:55 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Dumbass...

Old 10-19-12, 09:16 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

mister glass 2.0? i spent about 20 yeaars doing that dialy even with little jump at the end of pushup and never had a single injury.. im not 6'10 with that weight tough...
The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinsons face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim hed look at me like he was bored and then say, Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass. Shaquille O'Neal on Tim duncan.
Old 10-19-12, 11:28 PM
The Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Seems like some stupid fad, like Crossfit.
LOL. What? Not Crossfit!! I know people that have dedicated their life to Crossfit. That is all they eat, sleep and talk about. Drives me crazy. In all fairness they are some in shape Mofos but I still can't stand them.