News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-12, 04:44 PM
SR Team Goof

Former Spur Kenon inducted into S.A. Hall of Fame

Getting inducted into the San Antonio Sports Hall of Fame is an incredible honor. The class of 2013, which will be enshrined in February, consists of former baseball player Norm Charlton, 2000 Olympic gold medal winning women’s basketball coach Nell Fortner, Golfer Joe Conrad, Former AT&T CEO Edward Whitacre, Jr., and former Spur Larry Kenon

If you don’t remember Kenon, it’s because he played a long time ago. He actually joined the San Antonio Spurs during their last season in the ABA in 1975. He played five seasons with the team, averaging 21.2 points and 10.1 rebounds per game. He led the team in rebounding every year he was with the team.

"I had a true love for the game," said Kenon, who lives in Boerne. "I enjoyed the game. My generation, we worked hard for a living. That's what I did. Simple as that."

Project Spurs - A San Antonio Spurs Blog and Podcast
Old 10-16-12, 06:45 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

He was among my childhood heroes growing up in SA as a Spurs fan. Who could ever
Forget him?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-16-12, 11:20 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I went to middle school with his daughter, we still keep in touch and she now works for the Spurs, he knew what he was doing as a basketball player and as a father because his daughter is a wonderful person who i'm happy to say is my friend. Anyways congrats to him, he deserved it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!