News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 10-16-12, 09:57 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Trouble brewin in Dallas already?

DALLAS -- Dallas Mavericks guard Delonte West has been suspended for conduct detrimental to the team, Mavs coach Rick Carlisle said.

Carlisle did not specify a timetable for West's suspension.

Sources told ESPNDallas.com that West's suspension stems at least in part from an outburst in the locker room after the Mavs' 123-104 preseason win Monday over the Houston Rockets. He had 2 points, 2 assists and 1 rebound in 16 minutes during the win.

West tweeted later Monday: "Sorry moma..." and "I showed off on ur birthday again..."

West, an eight-year veteran entering his second season with the Mavs, has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

West's bipolar disorder was a factor in a September 2009 incident that resulted in his arrest on weapons charges after he was pulled over while driving a three-wheel motorcycle in Maryland.

Delonte West suspended by Mavs - ESPN
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-16-12, 01:46 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Look's like a long season for the Mavs...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-16-12, 04:01 PM
The Master Baiter

He probably hit on someones mother.

Last edited by Uwe Blab; 10-16-12 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-16-12, 04:27 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
He probably hit one someones mother.
Old 10-16-12, 04:28 PM
SR Team Goof

West isn’t the only trouble brewin’ in Dallas. Someday, they’ll have to make a decision on whether to operate on Dirk’s knee or try and drain it when circumstances call for it and hope he makes it through the season. I’ve read twice where they’ve had to drain it ---- he needs the surgery to correct the problem but when do you do it --- now and lose some games or gamble and drain it possibly every week and hope he holds out til seasons end? Of course, there’s no guarantee after the surgery and recoup period he’ll be outa the woods.
Old 10-16-12, 04:37 PM
SR Team Goof

D.J. Mbenga arrested for public intoxication in Dallas

D.J. Mbenga — not on an NBA roster since he was waived two weeks ago by the Mavericks — was arrested in Dallas Monday early Tuesday morning for public intoxication, reports the Dallas Morning News.

Mbenga was reportedly leaving a Dallas area restaurant around 4 a.m. when he ran into some police then ran into some trouble.

As Mbenga was trying to leave the restaurant, two Dallas police officers were walking in.

The 7-1 center put his palm on the chest of one of the cops and said, “You move out of my way.”

The officer stopped and said, “You don’t touch police, let alone make that statement.”

To which Mbenga — perhaps, in hindsight, inadvisably — responded: “You want to go? I do what I want, so you move out of the way!”

Perhaps inadvisably?

The report said it didn’t take long before officers realized the 31-year-old Mbenga was intoxicated. That led to a fun trip to the police station.

There have been rumors of teams (including the Raptors) interested in him, at least as a possibility in case of injury to a player on the roster. This arrest doesn’t really help that cause.

Related link: Report: Bynum to start practice Oct. 24, conditioning an issue | ProBasketballTalk
Old 10-16-12, 05:16 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

dallas mavs is not worrying anyone anyway... so dont care if they have problems or clicking on all cylinders... there's couple of other teams that could wipe the floor with us that im hoping we can somehow beat.
Old 10-16-12, 05:51 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Delonte West is one troubled man. Doesn't surprise at all.

Yay Mavs! Chemistry!
Old 10-16-12, 06:42 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

From champs to a lottery team in the making in no time flat!
Old 10-16-12, 06:49 PM
SR Team Goof

A lot of new faces this year, and older too.