News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
  #1  
Old 10-15-12, 12:52 PM
mataipaepae's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 299
Roster hopes

Trade both blair and neal for future draft pick(s). Trade with a team and make it lottery protected.

Roster;

PG- parker, mills, joseph
SG- green, manu, de colo
SF- leonard, jackson, witherspoon
PF- duncan, diaw, bonner
C - splitter, curry


This also leaves an open spot that we like.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-15-12, 02:24 PM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,524

Don't trade neal!
__________________
Austin Day is better than Nando De colo, Dejuan Blair, and Matt Bonner!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-12, 02:54 PM
mataipaepae's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 299

why not? we got plenty of point guards and shooting guards. mills shoots just as good. manu and green can hit the three, and play better defense.

use neal to get an extra 1st round pick.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-12, 08:54 PM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,524

Neal is a great scorer. They don't come around that often. He is valuable. He was injured an out of sync last season.

He is better right now than all the other guards except ginobili and green.
__________________
Austin Day is better than Nando De colo, Dejuan Blair, and Matt Bonner!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-12, 09:30 PM
mataipaepae's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Neal is a great scorer. They don't come around that often. He is valuable. He was injured an out of sync last season.

He is better right now than all the other guards except ginobili and green.
Michael jordan is a great scorer! Kobe bryant is a great scorer! Kevin durant is a great scorer!

When did neal join that group? Do you think you might be over estimating neal much?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-16-12, 07:46 AM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataipaepae View Post
Michael jordan is a great scorer! Kobe bryant is a great scorer! Kevin durant is a great scorer!

When did neal join that group? Do you think you might be over estimating neal much?
I didn't say he was an NBA all star or one of the greatest NBA scorers of all time. Don't take my comments out of context. He is a great scorer with ice in his veins who will take the shot. Those guys don't come around often.
__________________
Austin Day is better than Nando De colo, Dejuan Blair, and Matt Bonner!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-16-12, 12:03 PM
mataipaepae's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
I didn't say he was an NBA all star or one of the greatest NBA scorers of all time. Don't take my comments out of context. He is a great scorer with ice in his veins who will take the shot. Those guys don't come around often.
i believe you are still over exaggerating neal.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-16-12, 01:52 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

I think he's trying to say Neal is a great scorer off the bench for the team.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-16-12, 02:45 PM
alh1020's Avatar
SR Team Goof
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Right here
Posts: 4,552

I have to agree with Chopps about Neal. He is a great scorer but like every player that comes off the Spurs bench, he is a role player and he plays that role with some of the best. Since he is a pure shooter, Neal’s role is to provide instant offense when he’s on the court and has saved our bacon on a number of occasions over the last couple seasons. When Tony was out, he, Joseph and Manu filled that PG slot admirably but Neal is not a PG, he’s a SG, his natural position. Unfortunately, we have a nice supply of quality 2-3 position players. However, if the right deal were to come along that would benefit the Spurs and make them a better team than they are now, whether trading him alone or bundled in a package deal, I’d sadly have to cut him loose.
__________________
I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-16-12, 08:17 PM
mataipaepae's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 299

Jason terry is a great scorer off the bench. Manu is a great scorer off the bench.louis williams is a great scorer off the bench.

Neal is a good outside shooter. Not a great scorer.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-16-12, 09:30 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

For a team like the Spurs he is a great scorer off the bench.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-17-12, 02:46 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataipaepae View Post
Jason terry is a great scorer off the bench. Manu is a great scorer off the bench.louis williams is a great scorer off the bench.

Neal is a good outside shooter. Not a great scorer.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
For a team like the Spurs he is a great scorer off the bench.
a scorer is a guy who can score in different ways (guys like Lebron & Kobe to lower tier players like Corey Maggette). Neal's not versatile to be a scorer. Brent Barry and Michael Finley were good shooters for us, not great scorers.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-17-12, 09:55 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

A scorer is a guy who puts the ball in the hole any way he can and you dont have to be versatile to do it. Neal is able to do that and he's only getting better with this team.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-18-12, 02:54 AM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
A scorer is a guy who puts the ball in the hole any way he can and you dont have to be versatile to do it. Neal is able to do that and he's only getting better with this team.
No you are wrong he is a specialty guy like they said, he is not a great scorer! He can shoot outside yes, but he is not a great scorer, those can do it inside and out like they said (Last year he did not show much of that because of whatever so he needs to improve on that even to call him a great shooter). I agree he can get better, but last year he showed little because of injury or whatever, but he did not get better last year from his rookie year. Danny Green improved alot last year and was more of a scorer so to speak than Neal, period.


This year shall be a test for him and he must improve in some areas of his game. I hope he does not run the point again tough bringing the ball up lol, thats a embarassment.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-18-12, 09:24 AM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
No you are wrong he is a specialty guy like they said, he is not a great scorer! He can shoot outside yes, but he is not a great scorer, those can do it inside and out like they said (Last year he did not show much of that because of whatever so he needs to improve on that even to call him a great shooter). I agree he can get better, but last year he showed little because of injury or whatever, but he did not get better last year from his rookie year. Danny Green improved alot last year and was more of a scorer so to speak than Neal, period.


This year shall be a test for him and he must improve in some areas of his game. I hope he does not run the point again tough bringing the ball up lol, thats a embarassment.
Neal scores in a variety of ways. He has a great mid-range game. He can even score on drives. He only appears to be a specialist because of the Spurs drive and Kick, inside out game.

Neal has a knack for getting the ball in the basket no matter where he is on the floor.
__________________
Austin Day is better than Nando De colo, Dejuan Blair, and Matt Bonner!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-18-12, 09:28 AM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,524

As Hollinger points out, Neal can score in a variety of ways. Off the dribble, catch and shoot, pick and roll.

He is a scorer, and a very good one.

Hollingers analysis (which of course I never use when it doesn't make my point)

Neal played a lot of backup point guard last season, but at both ends he's a much better fit playing off the ball and only occasionally orchestrating offense. He finished second-to-last among point guards in assist ratio and 60th out of 70 in pure point rating, and defensively was shredded by fast guards.

It's his jump shot that keeps him in the league, and on that score he didn't disappoint. Neal shot 41.9 percent on 3s and threw in a respectable 44.6 percent mark inside the arc, plus he's as comfortable shooting off the dribble as he is off the catch, so he was able to score at a high rate (18.5 points per 40 minutes). Neal also can create off the dribble a bit running pick-and-roll, but nearly always for his own offense.

Defensively, he's a liability at either guard spot, but playing him at point guard is especially dicey. Synergy rated him well below average and the Spurs gave up 6.7 points per 100 possessions more with him on the court. Meanwhile, 82games.com reports opposing point guards ripped him for a 21.3 PER but shooting guards mustered just a 10.8. The data was similar a year earlier, when he played the 2 almost exclusively and surrendered just an 11.4 mark. Neal also ranked among the bottom 10 point guards in both blocks and steals per minute.
__________________
Austin Day is better than Nando De colo, Dejuan Blair, and Matt Bonner!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-18-12, 12:54 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
No you are wrong he is a specialty guy like they said, he is not a great scorer! He can shoot outside yes, but he is not a great scorer, those can do it inside and out like they said (Last year he did not show much of that because of whatever so he needs to improve on that even to call him a great shooter). I agree he can get better, but last year he showed little because of injury or whatever, but he did not get better last year from his rookie year. Danny Green improved alot last year and was more of a scorer so to speak than Neal, period.


This year shall be a test for him and he must improve in some areas of his game. I hope he does not run the point again tough bringing the ball up lol, thats a embarassment.
No! You don't have to be an inside out player to be a great scorer. And no your wrong because even with Green playing this season he has improved his game each season as well as learning to play the point. Neal is great off the bench and Green is no Neal!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-18-12, 01:32 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
No! You don't have to be an inside out player to be a great scorer. And no your wrong because even with Green playing this season he has improved his game each season as well as learning to play the point. Neal is great off the bench and Green is no Neal!
Green is no Neal? Learning to play PG? Good lord what game did you watch where he learned to play PG? He is horrible at brining the ball up. Neal did not impress last year whether it was in an injury or not, how does he keep improving when he didn't play well at all last year? Improvement? I didn't see much but alot of missed shots (Playoffs especially). Green is a better defender as well no doubt and did the improving last year not Neal. Spurs brought in Mills and Decolo as a combo guard, why? They don't want Neal to be the backup PG nor trust him to, period end of story.

Where does Neal fit in with this team nowadays? I would like to see De Colo come in here and play some backup PG and take some of those mins, hope that works out because Neal is not a play maker and sucks at D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
As Hollinger points out, Neal can score in a variety of ways. Off the dribble, catch and shoot, pick and roll.



He is a scorer, and a very good one.



.
I don't think he is a very good scorer, more like a volume shooter who gets hot and can put the ball in the hoop, not a pure scorer though along the lines of say Maggette like Jose brought up who can light it up in a number of ways (Monta Ellis as well I might add). He can shoot like I said but he didn't show much progress last year to me and sure as hell was a failure at the backup PG (Not his position). His shot selection could use some work too, some games in the playoffs he would shoot and I would say what the hell was he thinking (Against OKC namely). He to me is a pure shooter at times, volume shooter.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 10-18-12 at 01:45 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-18-12, 04:12 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Neal didnt play well last season and Green was alot better? HaHa. If you know anything then you would know Neal did a good job at bring the ball up as the backup for the Spurs and had more assists to low turnovers as well as playing good defense. To say Green was alot better is not true because they both had good seasons then to say one was better than the other and as for Decolo and Mills... they are here to help the team win with more depth to go small... To say Neal was no good in the playoffs and think Green was any better is crazy funny. I know who I was watching last season but I dont know what team you were watching...maybe the Hornets? Btw Im not the only one right about Neal but so is Pop and the Spurs at camp.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-18-12, 04:22 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

RzaRectum7, "'Neal is the backup point guard if we had a regular season game tomorrow. He's significantly better now at doing point guard type things than he was last year. For somebody who is such a PROLIFIC SCORER and is so used to doing just that, it was a tough adjustment for him. Under those circumstances, he did a great job of trying to figure out what we needed him to do." said coach Pop. Oh yeah... End of story...Period!

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 10-18-12 at 04:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-18-12, 05:11 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
A scorer is a guy who puts the ball in the hole any way he can and you dont have to be versatile to do it. Neal is able to do that and he's only getting better with this team.
for the love of potatoes and gravy:

you just called Matt Bonner a scorer

if shooter = scorer, then 99% of the league would be scorers. Bruce Bowen would've been a scorer because of the corner 3!
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-18-12, 05:44 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
for the love of potatoes and gravy:

you just called Matt Bonner a scorer

if shooter = scorer, then 99% of the league would be scorers. Bruce Bowen would've been a scorer because of the corner 3!
You must like making things up and putting them in peoples mouths that were never said... Your way off and cant seem to understand... so you need to do better than tell lies...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-18-12, 10:59 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
RzaRectum7, "'Neal is the backup point guard if we had a regular season game tomorrow. He's significantly better now at doing point guard type things than he was last year. For somebody who is such a PROLIFIC SCORER and is so used to doing just that, it was a tough adjustment for him. Under those circumstances, he did a great job of trying to figure out what we needed him to do." said coach Pop. Oh yeah... End of story...Period!
Your a clown resorting to your little name calling now to prove a point. LOL Neal a backup PG, come on man he is not a PG and never will be (Pop needs to learn that one before it's another mistake of his). LOL significantly better now at PG, are you serious? Prolific scorer? LOL what is he Vinny Johnson from Detroits days off the bench now? He is a volume shooter as I said, he can go 5-5 and then the next night be 0-5 (Thats what he is at times). He can shoot I give you that, but he is not a pure scorer nor a backup PG in this league.

BTW he hardly could bring the ball up the floor at times, he can't pass near a PG level nor is he a PG type, he is more of a SG in a smaller body and Pop being what he is tries to bring him into a PG like he did Mason and in the end that can ruin a player! He misuses some, he is not a good backup PG, period. I hope De Colo and Mills come into that role.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-18-12, 11:42 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
You must like making things up and putting them in peoples mouths that were never said... Your way off and cant seem to understand... so you need to do better than tell lies...
he puts the ball in the hole like you said, isn't that a scorer?! Neal isn't a scorer. no one in the NBA thinks he's a scorer, no analyst thinks he's a scorer. there's a reason why some are great shooters and others are great scorers. you never hear Ray Allen being called a great scorer nor Reggie Miller because they were great shooters.

i'm not lying lol Bonner is putting the ball in the hole at a high %, so by your definition, he's a scorer. the part where your Neal/Bonner argument and the lie of me "lying" falls apart when Bonner AND Neal are in the game for the same purpose: to stretch the floor and shoot 3's. they both do the same thing, so if you're going to label one something, you have to label the other the same.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-19-12, 12:48 AM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
he puts the ball in the hole like you said, isn't that a scorer?! Neal isn't a scorer. no one in the NBA thinks he's a scorer, no analyst thinks he's a scorer. there's a reason why some are great shooters and others are great scorers. you never hear Ray Allen being called a great scorer nor Reggie Miller because they were great shooters.

i'm not lying lol Bonner is putting the ball in the hole at a high %, so by your definition, he's a scorer. the part where your Neal/Bonner argument and the lie of me "lying" falls apart when Bonner AND Neal are in the game for the same purpose: to stretch the floor and shoot 3's. they both do the same thing, so if you're going to label one something, you have to label the other the same.
Yes! Allen though could drive inside at times and finish unlike Neal! He was a great shooter though you are right and thats what he is known as. This is a good post Jose.

Neal is a specialist moreso, a volume shooter at times and that is where the line is drawn on that guy as he can't run the point well (Last year anyways) and he can't defend worth a sh*t out there. He is a guy you like on your team yeah for some clutch shots and threes, but other than that he can't drive the ball to the hoop nor pass like a true PG.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-19-12, 01:40 AM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
You must like making things up and putting them in peoples mouths that were never said... Your way off and cant seem to understand... so you need to do better than tell lies...
by the way, here's your post. if this doesn't apply to Bonner at the 3 point line, then he sucks during the regular season

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
A scorer is a guy who puts the ball in the hole any way he can and you dont have to be versatile to do it. Neal is able to do that and he's only getting better with this team.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-19-12, 01:53 AM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
he puts the ball in the hole like you said, isn't that a scorer?! Neal isn't a scorer. no one in the NBA thinks he's a scorer, no analyst thinks he's a scorer. there's a reason why some are great shooters and others are great scorers. you never hear Ray Allen being called a great scorer nor Reggie Miller because they were great shooters.

i'm not lying lol Bonner is putting the ball in the hole at a high %, so by your definition, he's a scorer. the part where your Neal/Bonner argument and the lie of me "lying" falls apart when Bonner AND Neal are in the game for the same purpose: to stretch the floor and shoot 3's. they both do the same thing, so if you're going to label one something, you have to label the other the same.
I never said anything or named Bonner anything... So you show me where I said anything about him being a scorer? If you cant then you made it up... so that means you lied! As for Neal... The truth comes from the boss himself!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-19-12, 09:05 AM
esparzar1's Avatar
President: K.Leo Fan Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,650

I'm on the Neal bandwagon as well. We can't get rid of him. Sure, he might be "mediocre" as back up PG but he plays the best when in matters. In big games and in the playoffs. For those reasons alone, we keep him! Nuff'said!
__________________
I think he's going to be a star. And as time goes on, he'll be the face of the Spurs, I think.--- Coach Pop on Leonard
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-19-12, 12:51 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
I never said anything or named Bonner anything... So you show me where I said anything about him being a scorer? If you cant then you made it up... so that means you lied! As for Neal... The truth comes from the boss himself!
you said that anyone who puts the ball in the hole in any way is a scorer.

Bonner is a high % 3 point shooter

thus, he'd fall into that category. Bruce Bowen would also fall into that category since he was a high % corner 3 shooter because he "put the ball in the hole". nope i didn't lie
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-19-12, 01:52 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
I'm on the Neal bandwagon as well. We can't get rid of him. Sure, he might be "mediocre" as back up PG but he plays the best when in matters. In big games and in the playoffs. For those reasons alone, we keep him! Nuff'said!
I agree we need to keep him, I just hope he A either improves alot at the backup PG position or B goes to SG while someone else brings the ball up the floor! I hope De Colo and Mills can take some of that duty but Mills is not really a pure PG either so De colo could see some time there.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-19-12, 02:11 PM
esparzar1's Avatar
President: K.Leo Fan Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
I agree we need to keep him, I just hope he A either improves alot at the backup PG position or B goes to SG while someone else brings the ball up the floor! I hope De Colo and Mills can take some of that duty but Mills is not really a pure PG either so De colo could see some time there.
He's a big time player when it counts (Neal) and you can't measure that....plus with De Colo, Mills and heck, even Manu being able to handle point on a "limited" role basis the Spurs should be fine
__________________
I think he's going to be a star. And as time goes on, he'll be the face of the Spurs, I think.--- Coach Pop on Leonard
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-19-12, 04:17 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
He's a big time player when it counts (Neal) and you can't measure that....plus with De Colo, Mills and heck, even Manu being able to handle point on a "limited" role basis the Spurs should be fine
if you mean like Steve Kerr in 2003, i wholeheartedly agree
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-19-12, 05:08 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
He's a big time player when it counts (Neal) and you can't measure that....plus with De Colo, Mills and heck, even Manu being able to handle point on a "limited" role basis the Spurs should be fine
Yeah he is clutch and his playoff numbers last year spite the last few games were pretty good as far as % goes! I know he can hit some big shots. The only thing that does worry me is sometimes he doesn't see a shot he doesn't like, meaning really far out with no chance at all to go in but he still shoots it lol, shot selection can improve a little bit. I agree on the others handling the rock as well and that should help out alot. This is a deep team.

I also would like to see Neal be more than one dimensional and learn more or add more to his game sides shooting! He is very bad at D for one so he can work there too.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-19-12, 05:22 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
you said that anyone who puts the ball in the hole in any way is a scorer.

Bonner is a high % 3 point shooter

thus, he'd fall into that category. Bruce Bowen would also fall into that category since he was a high % corner 3 shooter because he "put the ball in the hole". nope i didn't lie
HaHa... Now it's Bowen? If you think Bonner and Bowen fall into that category then you should think again... But I never said it... you did, period!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-19-12, 10:34 PM
Spurd_On's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: the next beam
Posts: 4,413

Here's my "Roster Hopes".

1. The Spurs are just approaching the 2/3's mark in training camp.
2. The players in camp are likely just beginning to get the true feel of the Spur's system and environment.
3. This weekend will double the number of pre-season games played against outside opponents and just begin to reveal a data set that can be analyzed by the casual outsider Spurs fan that is not present every day in camp.

My hope is that some stop bickering until at least Monday when you might possibly actually begin to have a sense of what training camp has produced.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-20-12, 03:07 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Universal City
Posts: 3,698

trade Bonner
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-20-12, 09:31 AM
SleepyAdamII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 4,740

Roster is one thing....Rotation is quite another...

I hope for a functional , multi faceted rotation that can play big, small, fast, and DEFENSE!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-20-12, 12:29 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
trade Bonner
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-20-12, 04:17 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
HaHa... Now it's Bowen? If you think Bonner and Bowen fall into that category then you should think again... But I never said it... you did, period!
you said whoever put the ball in the basket any way they can is a scorer. please don't forget that fact. by "anyone" is any player that's played the game.

so shooting a high % isn't putting the ball in the basket?

better yet: so shooting the ball doesn't make the player a scorer? that would include Neal.

point exactly

PS: you watching Spurs @ Heat? Neal gets the ball at the top of the key and dude can't even dribble it a bit to even create something (like a scorer would). he pops an ill advised 3 because that's all he can do: shoot (just like the above mentioned).
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-20-12, 08:20 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
you said whoever put the ball in the basket any way they can is a scorer. please don't forget that fact. by "anyone" is any player that's played the game.

so shooting a high % isn't putting the ball in the basket?

better yet: so shooting the ball doesn't make the player a scorer? that would include Neal.

point exactly

PS: you watching Spurs @ Heat? Neal gets the ball at the top of the key and dude can't even dribble it a bit to even create something (like a scorer would). he pops an ill advised 3 because that's all he can do: shoot (just like the above mentioned).
"Bowen and Bonner are scorers." - Jose_TheGenius.....Nuff said!

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 10-20-12 at 08:34 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-20-12, 10:22 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
you said whoever put the ball in the basket any way they can is a scorer. please don't forget that fact. by "anyone" is any player that's played the game.

so shooting a high % isn't putting the ball in the basket?

better yet: so shooting the ball doesn't make the player a scorer? that would include Neal.

point exactly

PS: you watching Spurs @ Heat? Neal gets the ball at the top of the key and dude can't even dribble it a bit to even create something (like a scorer would). he pops an ill advised 3 because that's all he can do: shoot (just like the above mentioned).
His handles suck and he can't drive to the hoop and is not a PG, we all should know that one JOSER LOL! I have not seen one fan praise him for a driving ability or say he can create his own shot nor be a PG until recently lol. He is what he is, a specialty player who can shoot the ball from deep (Makes some dumb shot attempts though like the one you mention). I hope he does well and improves alot, hell I want him to!


He is not our answer at backup PG though, if they think he is then we are in trouble there.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-21-12, 06:49 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
"Bowen and Bonner are scorers." - Jose_TheGenius.....Nuff said!
very nice, no one is buying that. you made a criteria on what it is to be a scorer, now you're hiding from it.

Neal isn't a scorer and you've backed off by it because you know when someone tells you "well if that makes Neal a scorer, that'll make _____ and ____ one too".

saying Nuff Said doesn't make a statement true either
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-21-12, 06:51 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
His handles suck and he can't drive to the hoop and is not a PG, we all should know that one JOSER LOL! I have not seen one fan praise him for a driving ability or say he can create his own shot nor be a PG until recently lol. He is what he is, a specialty player who can shoot the ball from deep (Makes some dumb shot attempts though like the one you mention). I hope he does well and improves alot, hell I want him to!


He is not our answer at backup PG though, if they think he is then we are in trouble there.
but he shoots at a high rate, that makes him a scorer Rz! what don't you get about that?!

it only makes HIM a scorer because he makes baskets, you put anyone else in that category then it's a lie. it doesn't make sense except for whoever is making that stuff up
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-22-12, 09:51 PM
td4mvp2k's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
very nice, no one is buying that. you made a criteria on what it is to be a scorer, now you're hiding from it.

Neal isn't a scorer and you've backed off by it because you know when someone tells you "well if that makes Neal a scorer, that'll make _____ and ____ one too".

saying Nuff Said doesn't make a statement true either
.................... Nuff said!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0