SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Are we to read something into this? (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117404-we-read-something-into.html)

Guapo 10-15-12 03:09 AM

Are we to read something into this?
 
The Express news has two news stories raving about how well the rookie 'Spoon (impressive) and Danny Green played against Houston, yet barely a mention on the play of Blair. The guy had 16 points (connecting on 7-9) and 6 boards in 18 minutes off the bench.

Am I missing something?

Is this guy getting ready to be traded? When I've seen stuff like this, the next shoe to drop is a trade. My hope is that this ISN'T the case here.

Your thoughts?

Spurs/Rockets Box Score

td4mvp2k 10-15-12 05:35 AM

When they got him in camp I said I thought he would be a good pickup for the D-Leauge cause I liked him in school but the team has some thinking to do because they can't keep everyone if anyone.

tenthousandaces 10-15-12 06:26 AM

I hate to say this, but Bonner seems to be redundant. With Neal and Jackson present, and other bigs in the mix, Bonner becomes less valuable / unique. Unlike Neal and Jackson, he won't take a closely contested 3. Bonner's defense isn't as good, and he's not clutch. He creates spacing, but so do Neal and Jackson.

choppsboy 10-15-12 06:45 AM

Yea, you are missing the fact that Blair sucks no matter what his stats were. Apparently, it wasn't his fat rolls preventing him from rotating on defense. Blair needs to be traded or released. He is worthless. I would rather keep Spoon and Curry. We are thin at backup SF and C. Blair doesn't need to be a backup C. Jackson needs to be the backup PF which leaves us empty at backup SF - Spoon!

Blair is worse than Bonner. Blair doesn't disappear in the playoffs, he was never there to begin with (in terms of defense). Blair was a -5 while Curry was a +3 in the +/-, and that was verified by watching him missing rotations. Curry had a definite impact in the paint. Blair has no impact in the paint.

tenthousandaces 10-15-12 07:52 AM

If that's the truth, then it hurts.

MichaelWi101 10-15-12 08:07 AM

Neal can play backup SG, that's his natural position, the Spurs have two backup PGs

californiaSPUR 10-15-12 10:27 AM

Pop knows he has to try something a bit different so they can match up better with OKC this time. So i wouldn't be surprised to see Blair and Boner go.

spurduncan21 10-15-12 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by californiaSPUR (Post 1285566)
Pop knows he has to try something a bit different so they can match up better with OKC this time. So i wouldn't be surprised to see Blair and Boner go.

I'm all in agreement in trying to move Blair and bonner out but when? The summer was the time to do it! Training camp is about in 2 weeks so rarely will teams trade during such a period. If love for both to go but hate to say it but looks doubtful we can trade one if not both. Blair's best ticket out of San Antonio is getting waived and being free to walk. He's need to be packaged with either Joseph or Neal to net back something of worth. I think curry is here to stay. Just too much of a low post presence to let go. I can see splitter being relegated to starting center and having Diaw paired with curry as the reserves if Blair and bonner were to go. Pop will work on curry much more to eat him in shape and know how to defend in our system. SJax and TD are already on record showing support for the guy and his dominance down low still is apparent. Now if only we could get him to defend.....

Kager 10-15-12 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choppsboy (Post 1285562)
Yea, you are missing the fact that Blair sucks no matter what his stats were. Apparently, it wasn't his fat rolls preventing him from rotating on defense. Blair needs to be traded or released. He is worthless. I would rather keep Spoon and Curry. We are thin at backup SF and C. Blair doesn't need to be a backup C. Jackson needs to be the backup PF which leaves us empty at backup SF - Spoon!

Blair is worse than Bonner. Blair doesn't disappear in the playoffs, he was never there to begin with (in terms of defense). Blair was a -5 while Curry was a +3 in the +/-, and that was verified by watching him missing rotations. Curry had a definite impact in the paint. Blair has no impact in the paint.


Wait Chops did you just say Blair is more tradable than Bonner? You better not let Will hear that or he is going to bury you under a Trade Bonner spamfest.....

grizzly_bexar 10-15-12 07:31 PM

Spurs' luck: pick out another diamond in the rough, and he plays the position you've already got overloaded with talent.

I don't read anything into it. You can't trade multiple pieces of almost a big man for a true big man. And that's what we need.

jrtristan2003 10-15-12 08:30 PM

If they do trade blair or bonner ...i hope it to a team that will get us a top 15 pick in the coming years

choppsboy 10-15-12 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrtristan2003 (Post 1285584)
If they do trade blair or bonner ...i hope it to a team that will get us a top 15 pick in the coming years

There is zero chance we trade bonner for a top 15 pick, and very very little chance we trade blair for a top 15 pick. Why would anyone do that?

SilverSpur 10-16-12 10:15 AM

Blair goes well before Bonner goes -- most likely at the trade deadline, I fear.

Then he will haunt Pop and the Spurs for years to come.

td4mvp2k 10-16-12 02:09 PM

I think we can end all the Bonner talk cause we all know he aint going nowhere with Pop around... Him and Pop were just hand and hand at some golf charity as rep's laughing it up... If you cant see that then I dont what you can.

Jose_TheGenius 10-16-12 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 (Post 1285564)
Neal can play backup SG, that's his natural position, the Spurs have two backup PGs

who'd start and who wouldn't you play out of Ginobili, Green, and De Colo? if one of them would be a Shooting Point, then you have a surplus of Mills and Joseph not getting playing time. this only makes sense if you go small ball and put a SF as a PF and move a SG into the SF position because Neal shouldn't/won't outplay 2 of those 3 for a backup SG spot.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0