SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Powell has atitude. I like it... Some don't... (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117403-powell-has-atitude-i-like-some-dont.html)

SilverSpur 10-14-12 08:10 AM

Powell has atitude. I like it... Some don't...

Remember who else had "attitude" and helped us win titles?

Mario Elie
Robert Horry

I think the Spurs need that!

Now this...

* *Mild-mannered Josh Powell flashed a little attitude late in Wednesday’s game, staring down the Atlanta bench after drilling a long jump shot. He was sheepish when asked about the incident on Thursday, declining to discuss who he was staring at while promising he won’t do it again for however long he’s in San Antonio.

“I had a moment and I apologized for it,” said Powell, who had his second strong performance in a row with a team-high 14 points. “This is a traditional organization and I respect that.*I shouldn’t have done that. I already had a talk with Coach about it. I was wrong for doing it.”

* Having played for six teams in six seasons, Powell has experienced a wide variety of styles during his journeyman NBA career. But even after suiting up for a championship organization in the Lakers, he said the Spurs are unique.

“A lot of teaching,” he said. “A lot of these guys have been here for years and have an understanding of what’s going on. A lot of these guys can police themselves.*It’s a great group of guys, the veterans, and you get to learn a lot.”

Spurd_On 10-14-12 09:02 AM

The attitude is a good thing. Pop just needs to channel it in the right direction without suppressing it. Taunting players on the sidelines is not the way to channel it. Using it on the court to rise to the next level is.

spurduncan21 10-14-12 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1285537)
The attitude is a good thing. Pop just needs to channel it in the right direction without suppressing it. Taunting players on the sidelines is not the way to channel it. Using it on the court to rise to the next level is.

Couldnt have said it any better

xmas97 10-14-12 11:45 AM

Yeah, but problem is Powell has consistently been the hands down worst player in the league in terms of PER and +/- defense and offense for 5 consecutive years running. If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself. I doubt he changes just because he is surging in the preseason. We thought Bonner was bad, this guy would be worse!

choppsboy 10-14-12 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmas97 (Post 1285541)
Yeah, but problem is Powell has consistently been the hands down worst player in the league in terms of PER and +/- defense and offense for 5 consecutive years running. If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself. I doubt he changes just because he is surging in the preseason. We thought Bonner was bad, this guy would be worse!

GIVE US A LINK MAN!

Mombear 10-14-12 02:10 PM

pffftttt whorry my ass. :down

Jose_TheGenius 10-14-12 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmas97 (Post 1285541)

he didn't get much time with the Lakers and everything in Atlanta was/is an iso play of sorts so offensively you can't blame him for not doing well in those systems. he even admitted that his past training camps don't teach as much as the Spurs have taught him.

the +/- isn't a good indicator on a player for individual play either.

Uwe Blab 10-14-12 05:50 PM

Either way, you don't stare down a bench during a preseason game when you don't even know if you will make the team. Horry and Elie were established and weren't journeymen. It was bush league on his part.

td4mvp2k 10-14-12 07:22 PM

Not only that but it's a preseason game and it's not what the team is about.