News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-12, 01:17 PM

Spurs Training Camp Roster (EDDY CURRY?!)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
Old 10-01-12, 02:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

HHHMMMMMMM
Old 10-01-12, 02:42 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Just say this tweet from Monroe

"Monroe_SA I'm not making this up: Eddy Curry, in #Spurs camp, looks relatively fit. Claims he dropped another 15 lbs., played all summer at Miami U. "
Old 10-01-12, 03:04 PM
SpursReport Team Member

He'll go anywhere where there's free donuts... Not a guy you want around Blair just saying... Collins is a little beast btw.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-01-12, 04:38 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Future San Antonio 6PM News Story---"In other news, Eddy "Buffet" Curry and Dejuan "Drive Thru" Blair were arrested last week for Driving Under Overly-Inflated Conditions after they left a Dairy Queen at 330pm following a Team Practice. The two teammates managed to eat 54 cheeseburgers and 38 blizzards between them, but claimed they 'kept it healthy' by drinking two 48 oz Diet Cokes a piece. They are being treated at a hospital right now for High Cholesterol. "
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-01-12, 07:06 PM

While he's never been the type of player you'd expect from the nbr 4 selection in the draft, if he's able to crash the boards, (and he's only averaging about 5 boards per game for his career, so) he'd be a nice end of bench player and he'd could learn a lot from Tim, I don't think it wouldn hurt to have that wide body 7 footer on board, especially if he's become dedicated.
Old 10-01-12, 08:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Geeez!!! I know first my heart skipped a beat reading the T-Mac news...now this!!!

SN: He is 7 feet though! If he's healthy enough to play, I'd take a chance on him. There's no denying he is big!
Old 10-01-12, 08:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The wider the better!!
Old 10-01-12, 08:28 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

He will be as good as Felton Spencer
Old 10-01-12, 09:07 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Having Brown and Curry in training camp must be Dejuan Blair's worst nightmare. Let's see how he responds. I'll be pulling for him.
Old 10-01-12, 09:57 PM

the guy couldn't get on the court with the NBA champs (he was with the Heat last year right?)

i think he'll be cut along with the rest of the newbies. we may stick with this roster and put Jackson at PF. i don't see how Curry off the bench with Splitter works nor Curry as the 4th big with Diaw off the bench either. if we're signing him to play 5th big, we might as well keep Blair who apparently is ready to come in at whatever point he's needed and can't say the same thing about Eddy Curry.
Old 10-02-12, 12:14 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I'm still holding my breath for Greg Oden...
Old 10-02-12, 12:26 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Oden is better than nothing.
Old 10-02-12, 07:37 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I still say we are getting ready for a trade.
Old 10-02-12, 08:54 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
the guy couldn't get on the court with the NBA champs (he was with the Heat last year right?)

i think he'll be cut along with the rest of the newbies. we may stick with this roster and put Jackson at PF. i don't see how Curry off the bench with Splitter works nor Curry as the 4th big with Diaw off the bench either. if we're signing him to play 5th big, we might as well keep Blair who apparently is ready to come in at whatever point he's needed and can't say the same thing about Eddy Curry.
Although I will continue to steer clear of any conversation about who plays 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th big, simply because I have no clue what Pop's game plan is, the notion that the team is already set and most camp invites will not make the team is one of several possible valid arguments.

Knowingly or unknowingly, Curry may be in camp simply so that the squad Pop intends to keep can run drills on how to navigate around and exploit large players.
Old 10-02-12, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient Express View Post
I'm still holding my breath for Greg Oden...
a slow guy who lost a ton of weight but still can't get on the court or an injury prone guy who can't play a full season

chances are it'll be a wash and Blair would be better than those guys
Old 10-02-12, 12:40 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I think Oden if healthy would of been worth a look in camp because he is a true center and there's not many around anymore and he was the best down low in college. Many players have returned from injuries like his and have had good careers. If willing, with the right coaching and training he could be one of those players. What do the Spurs have to lose... Nothing.
Old 10-02-12, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
I think Oden if healthy would of been worth a look in camp because he is a true center and there's not many around anymore and he was the best down low in college. Many players have returned from injuries like his and have had good careers. If willing, with the right coaching and training he could be one of those players. What do the Spurs have to lose... Nothing.
a roster spot. if you bring in Oden and Duncan, Diaw, or Splitter get hurt for a long period of time, you're either forced to play Oden for extended minutes or play a small in the big position without training him, assuming the Spurs would cut Blair. i don't think Pop would be crazy enough to play Bonner/Diaw off the bench or start Bonner like he did in 2009 either. if you keep Blair, you can easily insert him in the starting lineup with anyone really since he's played with the scheme. the sad thing is we don't have the luxury that we used to have where we'd sign a veteran hungry for a title to be 3rd string (Kevin Willis, Tony Massenburg) who can come in to play extended minutes during an injury like when TD got hurt in 2005. Greg Oden is way too much of a risk to depend on coming off the bench and using him when he's needed, especially with this lack of depth we have in the frontcourt.
Old 10-02-12, 01:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I don't even understand the oden talk. First of he's not healthy and said he would only come back THIS season if completely healthy. Also read an article that no NBa team is knocking on his door yet so the focus is on now and Curry if determined to resurrect his career and shows he's matured and not selfish, who better to show him the ropes than our own TD

- Confucius
Old 10-02-12, 02:10 PM
Herman Cain of the board

rather have Oden even if he won't be ready for the start of the year. Is Curry hungry? oh wait he always is lol. I just hope he is hungry to get back to his playing potential. Even when he was good......he was a below average rebounder.
Old 10-02-12, 03:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I don't see them cutting Blair unless they make a trade and I think a player like Oden is just what Duncan needs next to him. I think at this point anyone they sign to come off the bench at that position is a risk, even Curry... It takes first comers to the the Spurs a season or two just to learn all the schemes they run. BTW I heard Oden was healthy and has been working on his conditiong at his former school and that the Indiana Pacers want to sign him when he returns.
Old 10-02-12, 06:33 PM

Oden may be getting healthy but he seems to be way too fragile, he really does remind me of Sam Bowie and can't help but imagine him not lasting even close to a complete season.

Like will says, Curry has never been much of a rebounder and definitely not a defensive force, but he's sure saying the right things now and he's lost an entire person in weight. He hasn't played enough recently to have that much wear and tear on his body, so maybe he's one of those who would actually benefit from being on the Spurs.
Old 10-03-12, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
I don't see them cutting Blair unless they make a trade and I think a player like Oden is just what Duncan needs next to him. I think at this point anyone they sign to come off the bench at that position is a risk, even Curry... It takes first comers to the the Spurs a season or two just to learn all the schemes they run. BTW I heard Oden was healthy and has been working on his conditiong at his former school and that the Indiana Pacers want to sign him when he returns.
they should because they have depth in almost every position (great depth in their big positions) to take a chance on them. if they had our bigs, no way they try it.

we're supposed to have a max of 15 players with a minimum of suiting up 12 (i think anyway, anyone correct me on that). not everyone can be benched if they're streaky or pure shooters (like Bonner if you're expecting him to be warmed up to make a difference) and Blair hasn't been the best at being benched for a long period of time. none of the guards we have should be wearing a suit (especially De Colo who needs some time even at 3rd string). also, the Spurs don't want to go near the luxury tax on signing guys to bulk up the team.

if you sign Oden, you have to give him some time with no pressure. if you think Blair throws a fit when he gets benched for Diaw, you'd have to think he'd flip out if he got benched for an injury prone guy who can't last a full season. also, if your prediction on that Malcom Thomas guy (was it?) comes true, there's no room for Oden at all.
Old 10-03-12, 05:12 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Yeah, well it's all "what if" and it's 13 guys now that can suit.
Old 10-04-12, 11:22 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Oden?

Where did all this Oden talk start?