SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Why Nando De Colo will make missing Manu Ginobili hurt less (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117359-why-nando-de-colo-will-make-missing-manu-ginobili-hurt-less.html)

SilverSpur 10-01-12 05:41 AM

Why Nando De Colo will make missing Manu Ginobili hurt less

No Bandwagons Allowed. You either get it now and are onboard, or you stay on the sidelines, folks.

<iframe width="640" height="435" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BchrCEZyVZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spurd_On 10-01-12 06:48 AM

Nice find SilverSpur and a well-chosen title for the thread.

alh1020 10-01-12 08:00 AM

I knew De Colo could shoot but wasn’t aware he could pass like this. But nothing can ease the pain of not seeing Manu in a Spurs uniform. He’s been at the forefront of the Spurs rise to glory in 3 of the 4 championship years whose presence on the floor inspired those around him. He’ll leave the game as one of the Spurs best ever and it will be an emotional departure to say the least. But save my seat on DeColo, I'm onboard. When you’re wearing the silver and black, you’re family.

esparzar1 10-01-12 08:33 AM

Meh, not overly impressed. I like the kid, plus I think he has good size for a combo guard but come'on man....let's see how he plays with the big boys before we start praising him :wink

Jose_TheGenius 10-01-12 09:01 AM

i preferred the James White mixes personally :lol

Uwe Blab 10-01-12 02:56 PM

The Spurs need him to pass like he does in this video, not take bad shots, like he does in this video. Still, I'm sure he'll do fairly well but it still doesn't seem like he'll be the scorer Manu was.

MichaelWi101 10-01-12 03:51 PM

When it's all on the line, I want Manu with the ball in his hands, so if Nando is half the 'money / pressure' player that Manu has been I'll be glad to have him.

Seems I did read that so far folks are really impressed with his passing ability

jrtristan2003 10-01-12 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1285209)
The Spurs need him to pass like he does in this video, not take bad shots, like he does in this video. Still, I'm sure he'll do fairly well but it still doesn't seem like he'll be the scorer Manu was.

I agree..but will Pop let him do those kinds of playsfacepalm

SilverSpur 10-02-12 06:44 AM

Pop and RC went after him SPECIFICALLY because he can pass and shoot this way. Now he has to earn his stripes in the NBA, but I trust that RC is not rushing him over here.

SilverSpur 10-07-12 05:47 PM

For the record...

According to Stephen Jackson, De Colo is reminiscent of another fan favorite.

“Nando,” Jackson said, “is another Manu Ginobili.”

(This was posted over a week after I first posted this thread)

NO BANDWAGONNIN'!!!

Kager 10-07-12 05:59 PM

To do him a favour I am not going to come on board and expect too much and watch him then crumble under the pressure of matching up to one of the greatest players to come out of Europe and also one of the great Spurs of all time.

This board is littered with the carcasses of young players who were rushed to greatness and fell along the way.

Uwe Blab 10-07-12 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpur (Post 1285372)
For the record...

According to Stephen Jackson, De Colo is reminiscent of another fan favorite.

“Nando,” Jackson said, “is another Manu Ginobili.”

(This was posted over a week after I first posted this thread)

NO BANDWAGONNIN'!!!

Well since Jackson is the champion of great judgement, Colo is a future star.

kmgospurs 10-07-12 11:02 PM

we'll wait until he can smack a bat out of mid air and then we can start comparing them.

Guapo 10-08-12 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmgospurs (Post 1285382)
we'll wait until he can smack a bat out of mid air and then we can start comparing them.

LMAO!

:laugh

Mombear 10-08-12 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmgospurs (Post 1285382)

bwaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

captainlate 10-09-12 08:51 AM

Manu =Porsche...There is no Substitute.

JuanCaca 10-09-12 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainlate (Post 1285413)
Manu =Porsche...There is no Substitute.

manu= porsche
de colo= VW beetle??

the same engineer... of course not near the same? :smirk

SilverSpur 10-09-12 09:55 AM

Hey I'll be happy if he starts working with our shot doctor and tours as good as a Lexus, BMW or even Mercedes. It will make me want a Porsche less. No worries so long as the car can get there. That Porsche breaks down far too often the last few years.

kmgospurs 10-10-12 04:36 PM

By the way with Manu already hurt (hurt foot) it might be sooner than later to see if he can become the next Ginobili.

Uwe Blab 10-10-12 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmgospurs (Post 1285451)
By the way with Manu already hurt (hurt foot) it might be sooner than later to see if he can become the next Ginobili.

Did I miss that somewhere? What happened?

td4mvp2k 10-10-12 09:51 PM

Nando taking care of business in tonight's game, looking good.

spurduncan21 10-10-12 09:51 PM

The way he played tonight will not be forgotten. Hope he keeps it up

Kager 10-10-12 09:59 PM

I don't get to see it but a game winner is a good start.

scheely 10-11-12 12:17 AM

I'm on.