SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   T-mac To Spurs? (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117358-t-mac-spurs.html)

Wesley33177 09-30-12 11:58 PM

T-mac To Spurs?

Quote:

Tracy McGRADY (T-MAC)

T-Mac to Spurs! Agreement very soon!

Tracy McGRADY (T-MAC) | Facebook

shelden 10-01-12 12:26 AM

I want this T-Mac, please:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfurCV1FDpM

SilverSpur 10-01-12 04:52 AM

Another washed up All Start ready to turn his fortunes around in San Antonio like so many have before him...

NBA Free Agent Rumors – Tracy McGrady to San Antonio Spurs?

September 30, 2012 04:01 AM EDT

The start of NBA training camps is just a few days off, and still a number of veterans are looking for a contract to start the 2012-13 season.

Former All-Star Tracy McGrady is one of those veterans, but recent reports have the San Antonio Spurs interested in the 33-year-old. After eight straight years of scoring more than 20 points per game early in his career, injuries have slowed the veteran guard, and he is now just looking to become a role player for any team in the league.

San Antonio has a need for depth in their back-court and a player that can give the Spurs some offense off the bench. The former first-round draft pick can fill both those needs, and it would cost the team just the veterans minimum for the upcoming season.

McGrady averaged just five points per game last year in the NBA, but he did stay healthy for the year, and that should give San Antonio a good feeling about signing the veteran and bringing him off the bench this season.

NBA Free Agent Rumors ? Tracy McGrady to San... | Gather

SilverSpur 10-01-12 05:10 AM

If this rumor is true and he's not just a training camp invite, then things will be interesting..

With the latest 4 signings, the Spurs’ training camp roster stands at 18, two below the maximum. The roster must be trimmed to 15 before the start of the season.

Someone unexpected could be cut/traded from our perceived roster of guys from last season.

Spurd_On 10-01-12 07:01 AM

San Antonio has a need for depth in their backcourt

?

Mombear 10-01-12 07:19 AM

:wtf :banghead

esparzar1 10-01-12 08:37 AM

I'll take him for vet min.....he might be old but he give us depth. Where was our help against OKC from the bench :shrug......Danny Green was no where to be found, same can be said for Gary Neal.....TMAC gives us another scoring option. Doesn't need to do much, but could really help the bench especially during the playoffs. I'll take it!

Jose_TheGenius 10-01-12 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1285187)
San Antonio has a need for depth in their backcourt

?

i called it before. if we keep this roster or sign another guard (releasing Blair or somethin like that), we're looking to put either Kawhi or Jackson at the 4th backup big spot. only thing that seems logical, i don't see how else the Spurs can justify 7-8 guards on the roster without a trade beforehand.

Spurd_On 10-01-12 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1285193)
i called it before. if we keep this roster or sign another guard (releasing Blair or somethin like that), we're looking to put either Kawhi or Jackson at the 4th backup big spot. only thing that seems logical, i don't see how else the Spurs can justify 7-8 guards on the roster without a trade beforehand.

4th backup big spot? What about Bonner? Sounds bizarre to me but you never know. Leonard and SJax at the 3 seems ideal. Why would they mess with that?

MichaelWi101 10-01-12 11:40 AM

Said it before and I'll say it again, this rumor makes me :sick

spurduncan21 10-01-12 12:16 PM

Add eddy curry to list of camp invitees

Jose_TheGenius 10-01-12 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 (Post 1285199)
Said it before and I'll say it again, this rumor makes me :sick

throw up in joy?:banana

Jose_TheGenius 10-01-12 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1285197)
4th backup big spot? What about Bonner? Sounds bizarre to me but you never know. Leonard and SJax at the 3 seems ideal. Why would they mess with that?

Bonner would be in Blair's spot as the 5th big behind Duncan/Diaw/Splitter/Small Forward

Green/Ginobili can play the 3 (since our 3's are typically spot up shooters like Michael Finley and Brent Barry used to play the 3 respectively). i do still believe we're going that route to somewhat try to counter what OKC did vs. us with Durant and what Lebron did with Miami. if either play the 4, it's pretty hard to then play Bonner/Blair/Splitter/Duncan/Diaw at the 4 vs. him, adding more depth to the G/F spots seems ideal if you're going the small ball off the bench route.

MichaelWi101 10-01-12 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1285203)
throw up in joy?:banana

You know me too well :laugh:laugh:laugh

katyspursfan 10-01-12 03:45 PM

Yeesh! With Blair's missing knee ligaments and TinMac's missing heart, maybe we'll get an exemption from the league to keep an extra player on the active roster.
You know, just to make up for missing parts.

Or, we'll just keep the two at the end of the bench and use them for spare parts?

Better check to see if TinMac is a compatible donor for Manu :)

SPUROFTHAMOMENT 10-01-12 07:13 PM

"Rick Wayne on twitter : Congratulations to my man @Real_T_Mac on his retirement. You will forever be an NBA Legend."

Click that link again

spursfan9 10-01-12 08:41 PM

he's there to motivate the young guys , so they can see what happens if you dont maximize ur potential, no matter how talented you are.
or that make every year and every game count, b/c u never know when a career ending injury will happen.
go hard.

Jose_TheGenius 10-01-12 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUROFTHAMOMENT (Post 1285215)
"Rick Wayne on twitter : Congratulations to my man @Real_T_Mac on his retirement. You will forever be an NBA Legend."

Click that link again

everyone breathing a sigh of relief!

spurduncan21 10-02-12 05:32 AM

It's not true Jose so don't get Ur hopes up

e_93gsx 10-02-12 11:33 PM

If they sign T-Mac it is a guarantee they will not get past the first round.

spurduncan21 10-03-12 07:18 AM

Be nice. Maybe we could change his bad luck haha

SilverSpur 10-03-12 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katyspursfan (Post 1285211)
Yeesh! With Blair's missing knee ligaments and TinMac's missing heart, maybe we'll get an exemption from the league to keep an extra player on the active roster :)

You forgot the cowardly bench players who didn't show up for the playoffs. That whole mix should go see the Wizard in OZ!

SilverSpur 10-03-12 08:44 AM

According to a spokesman who was in charge of McGrady's publicity activities in China last season, the Qingdao Doublestar is in touch with McGrady right now. Should both parties come to an agreement, this NBA superstar will appear in the CBA league shortly.

"During his visit to China last year, McGrady was approached by the Guangdong Southern Tigers and Foshan Dragons. Due to various reasons (including family), McGrady rejected Foshan's generous salary package and chose to battle on in the NBA at the veteran's minimum."

http://sports.qq.com/a/20121003/000298.htm

Jose_TheGenius 10-03-12 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpur (Post 1285261)
You forgot the cowardly bench players who didn't show up for the playoffs. That whole mix should go see the Wizard in OZ!

if we go to the Wizard, we can get Bonner some courage, T-Mac a heart, Blair some height, and Duncan new knees!