News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 09-26-12, 11:43 PM
SR Team Goof

3 Oct Open Scrimmage

Spurs Host State Farm Open Scrimmage Oct. 3

Sept. 26, 2012

The San Antonio Spurs are inviting fans to the AT&T Center for the State Farm Open Scrimmage on Wednesday, Oct. 3. The free event featuring a Spurs intra-squad scrimmage is a unique opportunity for fans to see the 2012-13 Spurs team in action before the first home preseason game on Oct. 6 vs. Montepaschi Siena of the Italian League.

Hosted by Spurs broadcaster Sean Elliott, and featuring appearances by The Coyote and Silver Dancers, the State Farm Open Scrimmage will have open seating on a first-come, first-served basis throughout the lower bowl.

The scrimmage will tip-off at 7:30 p.m. and all fans in attendance can fill up on $1 hot dogs and $1 drinks, while supplies last, and take advantage of special ticket offers available exclusively at Open Scrimmage. In addition, fans will have a chance to win the players’ practice jerseys following the scrimmage.

Attending fans are also encouraged to bring a book donation to support the H-E-B Read 3 program and drop them off at the H-E-B bins located near the AT&T Center entrances.

WHEN:
Wednesday, October 3
Event starts at 6:30 p.m.
Scrimmage Tips-Off at 7:30 p.m.
Media availability following the scrimmage

WHERE:
AT&T Center
One AT&T Center Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78219

Spurs Host State Farm Open Scrimmage Oct. 3 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS
Old 09-27-12, 04:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Great, I liked the last one.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-04-12, 11:30 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Recap?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-04-12, 08:12 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I saw Jerry Sloan sitting with Pop!
Old 10-04-12, 08:36 PM
SR Team Goof

Even good coaches such as Pop need their own occasional training camp where their efforts are critiqued by outside sources. :sarcasm I think there was mention in an news article that Sloan had attended a couple earlier practices.
Old 10-05-12, 09:50 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

can you imagine sloan in spurs staff?
Old 10-05-12, 11:12 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Did anyone go to the scrimmage? If so, who stood out? Who has really put the time and effort in over the summer.......anyone
Old 10-05-12, 01:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Maybe Sloan is giving Pop some info on some of his former players who the Spurs may be looking at.
Old 10-05-12, 03:38 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I was there. Kawhi and Blair were the standouts, in my opinion. They both were working the hardest and Blair had what was probably the "highlight" of the night with his slam. Tony and Patty were on opposite teams and at one point it was them running up and down the court chasing each other and I just remember saying, "Wow they're fast." I mean, that's not news, but it was amplified, seeing them chase one another. My dad said at one point, "that Cory kid needs to stop shooting." Because that's all he did. I don't know who the rookies are but there is one guy that my dad called a butterball and was TRYING to play point but he was clearly the most out of shape. Ginobili looks great. That's all I remember. Sorry for lack of technical insight.
Old 10-05-12, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
Maybe Sloan is giving Pop some info on some of his former players who the Spurs may be looking at.
i think he's just there. Jeff Van Gundy did those in 2007 just as a consultant in the playoffs. i think it's mostly on how guys can play and giving different schemes for Pop from another perspective.