News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 09-24-12, 10:17 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Can Parker Improve from Last Season?

Can Parker Improve from Last Season?
Written by David Rountree
Monday, 24 September 2012 21:00

Tony Parker was by far the San Antonio Spurs’ best player last season, but there are still some things the All-star can improve upon.

READ MORE AT MVPTEXAS.COM

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-24-12, 10:39 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Parker can improve however we need more from the rest of the team.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-24-12, 10:51 PM

he played well until he disappeared when Thefolosha guarded him. the question isn't improving his quality of play but strengthening his mental self.
Old 09-24-12, 10:52 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I just expect him to have more stamina and be sharper in the playoffs due to Mills playing more minutes and the rest of the squad being in a better sync after having gone through training camp and a full season together.
Old 09-24-12, 11:18 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
he played well until he disappeared when Thefolosha guarded him. the question isn't improving his quality of play but strengthening his mental self.

Hmmmm I think thats a bit unfair, Thabo is one of the league's best defenders and the Thunder were clogging the paint. He definitely could have done better, but its up to other players to free him up.

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 09-25-12, 07:58 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Parker did lose his mental edge as the OKC series went longer, but I also agree that others who he was counting on seemed to disappear.
Old 09-25-12, 09:33 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I agree with the last two points. Parker can improve how he plays against long armed defenders, and he can improve his FT%.

However, I don't want to see Tony chucking up 3 pointers. I would rather see him be even more relentless driving to the basket and creating open shots for others.
Old 09-25-12, 09:49 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

He can improve on little facets of the game as mentioned (FT%, long arm defenders) but can improve beyond that? NO.......and that's not a bad thing. He was an all-star, #4 in MVP voting and had his highest assist total in his career. Not to shabby for a 30 year old who's a 11 year vet.
Old 09-25-12, 10:02 AM
Official SR Home Builder

We need improvement from our young guns, If Tony maintains his level of play from last year and Green and Leonard step up we'll be in good shape.