News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 09-22-12, 08:35 AM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

WHAT WILL GINOBILI BRING NEXT SEASON?

WRITTEN BY DAVID ROUNTREE
Mvptexas.com

Manu Ginobili has always been a special player, memorable to say the least. His game is filled with dazzling passes and amazing finishes at the basket. The San Antonio Spurs would not be the franchise they are today without him.

This upcoming season could be an interesting one for Ginobili because the Spurs are such a deep team. Coach Popovich will likely keep Ginobili’s minutes as low as possible, preserving him for the inevitable playoff run.

Ginobili once a premier player is slowing down a bit and isn’t as consistent as he once was. So it will be interesting to see if he stays healthy and how he adapts his game against younger players.

MVP Texas | What will Ginobili Bring Next Season?

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-22-12, 10:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
WRITTEN BY DAVID ROUNTREE
Mvptexas.com

Manu Ginobili has always been a special player, memorable to say the least. His game is filled with dazzling passes and amazing finishes at the basket. The San Antonio Spurs would not be the franchise they are today without him.

This upcoming season could be an interesting one for Ginobili because the Spurs are such a deep team. Coach Popovich will likely keep Ginobili’s minutes as low as possible, preserving him for the inevitable playoff run.

Ginobili once a premier player is slowing down a bit and isn’t as consistent as he once was. So it will be interesting to see if he stays healthy and how he adapts his game against younger players.

MVP Texas | What will Ginobili Bring Next Season?
This is exactly what doesn't need to happen this season. We played Beautiful team basketball last year until we shortened the rotations against OKC. We need to have our rotation down before the playoffs start and stick with our system. If Ginobili plays 26 MPG in last month and a half of the regular season, he needs to play 26 MPG in the playoffs.

I think last year against OKC, we really went away from what gave us the 20 game win streak. . . team ball.

Ginobili and Duncan going one on one made us fall apart.

Don't take this comment as a knock on Ginibili or Duncan. Where it had the most impact was on the confidence of all the other players.
Old 09-22-12, 12:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Definitely true about going away from team ball and trying to match up with the thunder rather than just playin the way that got us that far. It was interesting to see that up 2-0 in WCF and then suddenly play like a different team. I'm sure that stuck in our player minds. I just hope we add a true big (so Bos picked up Darko. Guess that can't have enough bigs cuz they're certainly loaded with them now. I what their philosophy is?)

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-22-12, 02:09 PM

i hope Manu can play as well as he did last season. we did play like a different team after Game 2, the question that should be asked also is how will Tony Parker's play, which was effected by moving Thefolosha on him to guard him, will improve or fall this season? as important as Manu is for our team, this team seems to belong to Parker and we need him to grow some manhood once a SG is switching to him on defense.
Old 09-22-12, 03:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i hope Manu can play as well as he did last season. we did play like a different team after Game 2, the question that should be asked also is how will Tony Parker's play, which was effected by moving Thefolosha on him to guard him, will improve or fall this season? as important as Manu is for our team, this team seems to belong to Parker and we need him to grow some manhood once a SG is switching to him on defense.
Hopefully Kawhi's offence improves so much that they can't afford to put Thefolosha on Parker.
Old 09-22-12, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Hopefully Kawhi's offence improves so much that they can't afford to put Thefolosha on Parker.
those new alternate jerseys will give him super powers i'm sure!
Old 09-22-12, 06:58 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
those new alternate jerseys will give him super powers i'm sure!