SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Still Available Free Agents that could contribute to a team (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117311-still-available-free-agents-could-contribute-team.html)

Guille 09-20-12 03:02 AM

Still Available Free Agents that could contribute to a team

I´m going to list the still available Free Agents that can contribute to a team.
I a not implying Spurs should go after any of these, unless stated in parenthesis next to the name.

Guards:
James Anderson
Gilbert Arenas
Leandro Barbosa
Rudy Fernandez
Michael Redd

Guards - Forwards:
Marquis Daniels
Mickael Pietrus

Forwards:
Lou Amundson
Donte Green
Josh Howard
Yi Jianlian (Only for business reasons due to Chinese market)
Kenyon Martin
Tracy McGrady

Center:
Chris Andersen
Kyrylo Fesenko
Darko Milicic

As you may see. I didn´t put anyone as to being good for the Spurs. Unless we trade, there are no one out there for us. Perhaps, just perhaps, and for minimum dollars: Milicic or Fesenko. But who do we cut?
There may be mistakes on the list, as I took them from the NBA official page, and unconfirmed or unofficial signings are not listed yet.

SilverSpur 09-20-12 04:08 AM

You can take Chris Andersen (headed to Miami) and Kenyon Martin (wants mid-level money which Spurs don't have) off the list.
Several sources have told ESPNNewYork.com that the Knicks want to add a seasoned power forward, possibly to back up Stoudemire. The top candidates are Kenyon Martin and Louis Amundson, but both players want at least the mini mid-level exception of $3 million or higher.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...ants-to-return

SilverSpur 09-20-12 04:22 AM

Grizzlies' Tony Allen back in action following knee surgery

Also...
Internet rumors persist that veteran sharpshooter Michael Redd is among the players the Griz are pursuing to round out their roster. But the team has not expressed interest in Redd or any guaranteed contracts because of payroll considerations.

choppsboy 09-20-12 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guille (Post 1284897)
I´m going to list the still available Free Agents that can contribute to a team.
I a not implying Spurs should go after any of these, unless stated in parenthesis next to the name.

Guards:
James Anderson
Gilbert Arenas
Leandro Barbosa
Rudy Fernandez
Michael Redd

Guards - Forwards:
Marquis Daniels
Mickael Pietrus

Forwards:
Lou Amundson
Donte Green
Josh Howard
Kenyon Martin
Tracy McGrady

Center:
Chris Andersen
Kyrylo Fesenko
Darko Milicic

As you may see. I didn´t put anyone as to being good for the Spurs. Unless we trade, there are no one out there for us. Perhaps, just perhaps, and for minimum dollars: Milicic or Fesenko. But who do we cut?
There may be mistakes on the list, as I took them from the NBA official page, and unconfirmed or unofficial signings are not listed yet.

+1

alh1020 09-20-12 10:37 AM

Be ready to scratch another big man --- I just saw a report that says Darko Milicic may sign with Boston. The story is part of the link below.

Related link: Chris Paul still pissed about Pau Gasol?s pat on the head | ProBasketballTalk

alh1020 09-20-12 11:26 AM

Guess I spoke too soon --- here's an update on my earlier post. Looks like the Celtics will sign Darko to a 1 year vet minimum salary next week. See related link below for story.

Report from Europe says Darko Milicic may sign with Boston | ProBasketballTalk

Guille 09-20-12 02:02 PM

While I´m at it, I´ll break it down:

Guards:
James Anderson (Couldn´t play on the current roster)
Gilbert Arenas (Locker cancer).
Leandro Barbosa (We have too many better options than him)
Rudy Fernandez (Can get way more money elsewhere)
Michael Redd (Wants more money. He won´t bring a good Return on Investment)

Guards - Forwards:
Marquis Daniels (Don´t like what he brings. Wouldn´t be an upgrade over the current roster)
Mickael Pietrus (Same as Redd)

Forwards:
Lou Amundson (Signing elsewhere)
Donte Green (Doesn´t upgrade our roster)
Josh Howard (We´ve been all over with this guy and didn´t bring him when he was valuable. Why now?)
Kenyon Martin (Too expensive)
Tracy McGrady (He could be good to mentor our young wings. But I´d rather have Manu and Tony doing the mentoring)

Center:
Chris Andersen (Signing elsewehere)
Kyrylo Fesenko (Meh... Could be worth a shot for the minimum, but just a slight shot and consideration, just if he brings something to camp)
Darko Milicic (signing elsewhere)