News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 09-19-12, 02:39 PM

Spurs unveil alternate uniforms

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs unveiled today a new alternate jersey that will be worn during the upcoming 2012-13 NBA season. The fresh look silver jerseys with black trim feature the Spurs iconic secondary logo prominently on the front. The alternate jerseys will debut at the home opener vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder on Nov. 1 and be worn during multiple home games throughout the season.

“We are introducing a new and unique Spurs jersey this coming season,” said Rick Pych, Spurs Sports & Entertainment President of Business Operations. “The new design simply features our iconic ‘spur’ logo and it is positioned over the heart as it has such enormously deep roots with our team, fans and the entire community. It’s the first-ever NBA jersey logo without any writing or peripheral design on the front of the jersey and we’re very glad to be introducing this new use of the classic icon of the Spurs to our fans.”

San Antonio Spurs Unveil New Alternate Jersey | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS
Old 09-19-12, 03:42 PM
SR Team Goof

I can live with the new uni. I especially like the idea of just the iconic Spur logo without any additional lettering on the front. We know who we are and if anybody else doesn't know, they need to catch up.
Old 09-19-12, 05:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Can't believe it... I guess they have the Mavs making their uniforms now...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-19-12, 06:39 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Old 09-19-12, 06:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The Shorts initials look like SR rather than SA.... are we sponsoring them this year?..... Is this the first jersey sponsorship allowed???

Wow you guys have got the hook ups like I will never doubt any information a moderator gives again.
Old 09-19-12, 07:36 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
Can't believe it... I guess they have the Mavs making their uniforms now...
Huh?!?!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-19-12, 08:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'm speechless. This is just too wonderful for words.

Seriously though, maybe they should consider wearing them when playing Brooklyn just to keep the turnovers down.
Old 09-19-12, 09:26 PM
Official SR Home Builder

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">
Old 09-19-12, 09:37 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Aack!
Old 09-20-12, 01:45 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

The Spurs definitely seemed to need a change, but sometimes the classic look is better.he Spurs definitely seemed to need a change, but sometimes the classic look is better.ate it! Weak in every respect.

Quote:
The silver jerseys with black trim and the Spurs' iconic secondary logo on the front, will be worn during the 2012-13 season and debut in the team's home opener vs. the Thunder on Nov. 1.
As USA Today put it:

"The Spurs definitely seemed to need a change, but sometimes the classic look is better."
Old 09-20-12, 04:45 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

didnt like it :-/
Old 09-20-12, 11:38 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

I like them! Mos'def something different. When can I get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Checked online and couldn't find anything yet, I'm sure they will be avaliable soon enough! Excited!
Old 09-20-12, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
I like them! Mos'def something different. When can I get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Checked online and couldn't find anything yet, I'm sure they will be avaliable soon enough! Excited!
why do i think you just like them because Kawhi is wearing them in the unveiling?!
Old 09-20-12, 12:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

They look rec Jerseys or practice Jerseys not a fan
Old 09-20-12, 02:50 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I like it as an alternate uniform. But that's all it is... an alternate.
Old 09-20-12, 04:06 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
why do i think you just like them because Kawhi is wearing them in the unveiling?!
Don't be hatin'cause I claimed KLeo jock first
Old 09-20-12, 04:56 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

I don't like the front.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 09-21-12, 12:20 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I like the fact that they now have an alternate jersey, a primary silver or grey jersey looks nice and really everything about the jersey is fine, but the front is just fugly, no words? No "Spurs" or "San Antonio" not even "SA" come on!
Old 09-21-12, 07:56 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

There probably isnt a spurs jersey out there that i wont like.... After having to suffer through the disgusting fiesta colors... Anything seems good.
Old 09-21-12, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
There probably isnt a spurs jersey out there that i wont like.... After having to suffer through the disgusting fiesta colors... Anything seems good.
i guess i'm the only one who honestly was pushing for a Fiesta colored jersey?
Old 09-21-12, 04:10 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i guess i'm the only one who honestly was pushing for a Fiesta colored jersey?
I think you can take that one to the bank.

Unis shouldn't be pink and teal.
Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Old 09-22-12, 12:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

the back looks ok, but the front of these jerseys are horrificly gawd-awful. but i heard a comment on another forum that might totally make sense: these look like test jerseys with minimal fronts that offer room for ads on the front. having "Spurs" or "San Antonio" on the front together with some sponsoring brand's logo would probably feel like a lotta text, and this allows a sponsor to have more space on the front.

any thoughts? i hope we don't see teams start incorporating sponsored jersesys unless they were gonna lower ticket prices. if it's done to just make more money, i don't wanna buy jerseys that are essentially ads for other companies.

[EDIT: I just realized someone actually posted a thread about the ads on jerseys]