News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 09-18-12, 05:40 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Report: Oguchi to San Antonio?

NBA team, Miami Heat have showed a second interest in adding Nigerian small forward, Chamberlain Oguchi to their 15-man roster.

Oguchi has already worked out with Heat in early September. The guard also worked out at San Antonio Spurs in the wake of reports linking him to several NBA teams after an impressive show at the summer Olympics in London with Nigeria's D'Tigers.

“Took my talents to South Beach and had a great showing. Coach Spo and staff are amazing. Now time to take my talents to San Antonio,“ Oguchi recently wrote on his Twitter page.

Miami Heat turn to Oguchi - SuperSport - Xtra

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-18-12, 08:17 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

small forward??? :

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-18-12, 09:15 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombear View Post
small forward??? :
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000
Old 09-18-12, 09:17 AM
The Master Baiter

Everyone is in denial that there is a trade in the air. I'll keep saying it though.
Old 09-18-12, 09:35 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Don't the Spurs already have an accurate spot up shooter that is not very athletic and can't create his own shot?
Old 09-18-12, 09:45 AM

i'm not surprised we're going after SF's. i don't think we're trading, i think it's more likely Pop is making Stephen Jackson his next Robert Horry-like player as our 4th big and need someone to take Kawhi's spot. again, if we were to trade anyone (we're not trading both SF's), a guy like Green/Manu can play the SF position and we have more than enough SG's to let 1 or 2 go in a trade without compensation needed in that position.
Old 09-18-12, 10:35 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The fact is, we are very thin at SF. We only have Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson. If, as Jose says, Jackson plays a Robert Horryish PF, then we only have 1 SF. Danny Green can play some SF, but we are thinner there than we are with big men.

We have 3 PG's
Parker, Mills, and Joseph
We have 4 SG's
Green, Ginobili, De Colo, and Neal
We have only 2 SF (1 if Jackson plays PF)
Leonard and Jackson
we have 2 PF's (3 if Jackson plays PF)
Duncan and Blair
we have 3 C's
Diaw, Splitter, Bonner.

Our most needed position, therefore, is SF.
Old 09-18-12, 02:56 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
The fact is, we are very thin at SF. We only have Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson. If, as Jose says, Jackson plays a Robert Horryish PF, then we only have 1 SF. Danny Green can play some SF, but we are thinner there than we are with big men.

We have 3 PG's
We have 4 SG's
Leonard and Jackson
Duncan and Blair
we have 3 C's
Diaw, Splitter, Bonner.

Well put, didn't really think about those situations....but then again, we have the greatest SF of all time on the team so, is there there really that much need for one....lol
Old 09-18-12, 09:31 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I see it as a training camp invite. Let's see what he brings.
Old 09-18-12, 11:33 PM
SR Team Goof

If he does happen to be training camp fodder, he might outshine and embarrass Nando DeColo.
Old 09-18-12, 11:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post

We have 3 PG's
We have 4 SG's
Leonard and Jackson
Duncan and Blair
we have 3 C's
Diaw, Splitter, Bonner.

Nice pick chops, I like all have been focused on a big thinking anything else is a waste. Could be a combination of getting the SF needed free agent with more available and then trade for a big.
Old 09-20-12, 01:59 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

The Heat, this week, continues to audition former Oregon guard Chamberlain Oguchi, a 6-6 swingman from the Nigerian national team who scored 35 points in a loss to Spain at last month’s Olympics. Miami has 18 players under contract and former Memphis forward Robert Dozier drafted 60th by the Heat in 2009, likely will be the 19th. Teams can take 20 to camp but keep 15 once the regular season starts. Juwan Howard also continues to work out with the Heat, though it's difficult to envision a playing role for him.

Lots of Duke Johnson buzz; Canes, Dolphins, Heat notes; Another Ozzie rant | Sports Buzz
Old 09-20-12, 03:31 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

He's #9 ---