SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Josh Howard To Visit Spurs On Monday (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/117292-josh-howard-visit-spurs-monday.html)

Wesley33177 09-16-12 02:20 PM

Josh Howard To Visit Spurs On Monday

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Free agent forward Josh Howard to visit Spurs on Monday, source tells Y! Sports.

MRJONESIII 09-16-12 03:58 PM

Who flippin cares! He wanted nothing to do with us last year, so to h3ll with him unless he's grown 5 or 6 inches.

Robofuzz 09-16-12 04:05 PM

Maybe he'll call a timeout.

Uwe Blab 09-16-12 04:32 PM

I'm telling you people, some kind if trade is going to happen. Why are we looking at guys at this position?

justin just 09-16-12 05:11 PM

<P>I agreed with Uwe Blad.Some trade is in work</P>

Jose_TheGenius 09-16-12 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1284788)
I'm telling you people, some kind if trade is going to happen. Why are we looking at guys at this position?

last year we had Ginobili/Jefferson/Leonard/Green/Anderson in the 2-3 positions and we still looked at Josh Howard, no trade.

we have a whopping 7 guards on the roster with 2 SF's, if we were making a trade we'd have more than enough to compensate losing 2 wing players

alh1020 09-16-12 07:25 PM

If the Spurs are trying to work a trade, ideally, you'd want to make it before training camp starts. Somebody better get the lead out.

HeloteSpurs 09-16-12 08:39 PM

I don't know why they are obsessed with Josh Howard, the guy hasn't been significant since his early days with Dallas, and no, I don't think they are trying to put together a package to make a trade, it's a complete waste to even look at another Guard or Small Forward, it's so simple to point out what the Spurs need, a big man, and these days not very many big men are talented enough to dominate the league as they did in the 90's but what the Spurs need to do is take a mother f******g chance on 1 of them! It's so annoying! Shooting 3's and scoring a bunch of points wins you regular season games (remember the Steve Nash phx teams?) but never wins championships! Let's get back to the basics of what Spurs basketball is about, DEFENSE!

MichaelWi101 09-16-12 09:57 PM

No great mystery here, Howard is waiting for the Jazz to buy out Bell, then he resigns with them.

No trade in works, nothing other than extending courtesy to a player.

td4mvp2k 09-16-12 10:06 PM

I think we have heard this before...

Spurd_On 09-17-12 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 (Post 1284795)
No great mystery here, Howard is waiting for the Jazz to buy out Bell, then he resigns with them.

No trade in works, nothing other than extending courtesy to a player.

That sounds about right.

Spurd_On 09-17-12 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1284792)
If the Spurs are trying to work a trade, ideally, you'd want to make it before training camp starts. Somebody better get the lead out.

I used to view training camp as just a way to work out the summer rust and introduce a few new concepts before going into an 82 game season where teams would hone the coaching philosophy. After listening to Pop harp this summer on how he would use Leonard, Diaw and Mills differently, had they had a training camp, I view it as something far more important now.

Jose_TheGenius 09-17-12 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1284792)

agreed. plus, we have a lock jam of SG's who can play SF and 2 SF's we're not trading. if we were even to trade 2 guards for a big, we still have enough overall depth to keep par with last year and not need to sign a Josh Howard.

alh1020 09-17-12 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1284802)
agreed. plus, we have a lock jam of SG's who can play SF and 2 SF's we're not trading. if we were even to trade 2 guards for a big, we still have enough overall depth to keep par with last year and not need to sign a Josh Howard.

Have you checked my suggested trade scenario under thread entitled "Fantasy Trade Scenario". It goes along the same line but addressing some of our more mentioned tradeable players.

clovisnmspurfan 09-17-12 02:24 PM

whatever

td4mvp2k 09-17-12 11:14 PM

Early this offseason I predicted the Spurs could trade Jackson and that's what it's looking like.

JuanCaca 09-18-12 12:05 AM

Nooo they are crazy! Jack was the only spur showing some pride in the last games!

alh1020 09-18-12 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanCaca (Post 1284814)
Nooo they are crazy! Jack was the only spur showing some pride in the last games!

I agree wholeheartedly. The Captain was invaluable on defense down the stretch, particularly when he guarded bigger opponents. He and Leonard provided a 1-2 punch on defense with Jack coming off the bench. If the Spurs cut Jack loose for Howard, I'd be very disappointed. Personally, I think Howard is a slug who has no game since he left Dallas.

SilverSpur 09-18-12 04:22 AM

Honestly, I would take almost any other available big man over Howard right now. Nearly without exception.

justin just 09-18-12 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuanCaca (Post 1284814)

Agreed. Captain Jack must stay. Don't trade him, Pop, RC, please! His pride, his tenacity will be valuable in play offs.

Uwe Blab 09-18-12 08:20 AM

Captain Jack is going to be Jonesing for a good last contract, more than what the Spurs will be willing to pay. A trade may never happen, but that's obviously what they are exploring right now. It also doesn't make sense that Josh Howard or the Spurs would waste their time and money by having this workout simply for "player courtesy".

td4mvp2k 09-19-12 03:03 PM

With Jackson's playoff performance and expiring contract only makes his trade value better and at the right time.