News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 09-08-12, 05:58 PM
SR Team Goof

Uh Oh -- Isiah Meets with Knicks owner

Guess who’s back? Back again? Isiah’s back (meeting with Dolan), tell a friend

That sound you hear is dozens of scribes all across the internet salivating with anticipation at the meat being thrown to the wolves.

Isiah Thomas never stopped talking to the Knicks. He was always a member of James Dolan’s counsel, always a trusted advisor. But the New York Post reports of a meeting that has some storm clouds on the horizon for Knicks fans concerned with a potential return of the once and former GM/coach.

Knicks owner James Dolan staged a business meeting with Isiah Thomas yesterday morning at the Mandarin Hotel in Midtown, according to a person familiar with the situation.

A band of security men surrounded the two men who were both dressed in business suits in a quiet corner of the lobby. Thomas has lobbied to return to the organization since he was fired as the Florida International basketball coach last spring. The meeting took place two days after the resignation of MSG sports president Scott O’Neil, who, according to a source, helped convince Dolan rehiring Thomas wasn’t a good move for the Knicks brand.

So the guy who didn’t want to rehire him is gone. He’s meeting with the boss man. And the Knicks are still very much in flux in terms of their organizational structure. So there’a lot to take note of, here. Maybe it was just an in-person advisement. Maybe it was just a very casual meeting.

But it’s enough to raise your eyebrows and imagine the fun that could be had. Or fear. One way or the other.

Guess who’s back? Back again? Isiah’s back (meeting with Dolan), tell a friend | ProBasketballTalk
Old 09-08-12, 10:28 PM
Administrator

As long as he doesn't come here!
Old 09-09-12, 01:51 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I would never count Isiah out. Even if he has to put together a group to buy the team, he will likely be back!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-09-12, 02:07 AM
The Amazing!

How does this guy keep getting basketball related jobs? The guy is a moron and everyone knows it. I wish I could suck at my job that bad and still have a career.
Old 09-09-12, 07:55 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Man Dolan must have one huge crush on this guy!!!