News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 08-22-12, 05:21 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Sean Elliott continues to be a hero!

She underwent dialysis for 10 hours a day, seven days a week for 18 months before receiving a kidney from her mother. Renae thought her life had finally changed but her difficulties had only just begun. After complications from the kidney transplant, Renae underwent 25 surgeries while in and out of the hospital for two years. Doctors then diagnosed Renae with cancer.

In the midst of all this chaos, Renae received some encouraging and good news when Make-A-Wish volunteers visited her and told her that her wish to meet her idol, two-time All-Star NBA forward, and fellow kidney transplant recipient, Sean Elliott.

Renae and Sean forged a unique bond and friendship that has lasted more than 10 years. Like many Make-A-Wish recipients say, her experience was life-changing. "I returned home from my wish with an increased desire to set high expectations for myself, dream big and live life to the fullest," she said. “It's hard to find the words to adequately describe how an hour of someone's time changed my life forever."

Renae Goettel is one in four million. Literally. | KING5.com Seattle
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-22-12, 06:42 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

awww ... She didn't need to go through Make-A-Wish, I'm sure Sean would have heard about it through the news and gone over there on his own.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-24-12, 07:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Outstanding!!